The "Kirby" thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

This is the topic for the pink cute and badass puffball and his friends!

The Kirby series exist over 20 years is probably behind Mario and Donkey Kong the third most important franchise of platformers. There´s no way not to like him! So he deserves an own thread on SF!

You can discuss about everything you want:

- your favourite game in the series

- your favourite power ability

- your favourite "Dedede´s theme"

- your favourite song

- or maybe about the new Kirby game "Triple Deluxe", which will be released the 2th May in the US and the 16th May in the EU. I have watched a part of a LP and it looked great! It looks similar to KRTD, but with some new features. Especially the 3D effect is used very well. But I do not want to spoiler that much!

I live in the EU, so I ordered a JP import, because I cannot wait this long time.

Game : probably Super Star, though Adventure was pretty amazing for a NES game. I started with Dream Course which I found infuriating at first but gradually liked.

Power : not very picky, something between Plasma, Hammer, Fire, Yo-yo, Suplex and Jet.

Dedede'a theme : yo dawg, i heard you like dedede's theme while beating up people as dedede

Song : this

New game : idk, it's on the 3ds so I might look into it.

jack_kirby.jpg

The king of comics was good and all, but what's this about a pink puffball?

Hehe. Jack Kirby is the best. I think he's getting confused.

http://www.reddit.com/r/polandball

Germany, could yuo gib monies?

OK, back to being serious. I never really liked Kirby games much, they're too easy. Plowed through Kirby's Adventure in about 3 hours.

Edited by HeavyBrawlsGuy

SuperStar or Crystal Shards for favorite although I love pretty much every game in the series due to the sense of fun the series is.

Favorite power is Fighter

Favorite Dedede theme is probably the superstar one

Favorite theme Light from Air Ride although the entire franchise is full of amazing music

Also the general disrespect in this thread is irritating. Person wants to know what other Kirby fans are around instead most of you so far have been asses.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land is definitely my most favourite Kirby game, with C-R-O-W-N-E-D being my most favourite Kirby song. Ice and Yo-yo are my favourite abilities.

I'm really hoping that they bring back Gooey and the Animal Helpers in future Kirby games, but I highly doubt they will.

Also:

My favorite Kirby game is probably Amazing Mirror

As far as music goes, Butter Building because yes.

My favorite abilities are Cutter, Cupid, Suplex, Electric, Mirror and Plasma

I still have yet to play Squeak Squad, Super Star Ultra and Return to Dreamland.

Oh man kirby is epic i grew up with crystal shards and nightmare in dreamland in fact i just restarted nightmare in dream land when they repeated a lecture at uni. Good way to kill an hour. I even liked that cartoon right back at ya, oh the voice acting to that.

Favorite game is easily Super Star. (Though I still need to get around to playing Kirby's Return to Dreamland.)

Favorite sub-segment of it is also easily Milky Way Wishes. (And I always dread The Great Cave Offensive for how long it takes, especially if you want 100% completion.)

Despite the above, my favorite track comes from TGCO: Trees in the Depths of the Earth

Don't care for DeDeDe's theme much at all, except for the battle in Spring Breeze (especially since that fight is quick).

Favorite power is Mirror (if only for its broken shield).

Triple Deluxe looks nice... but it also kinda feels like Return to Dreamland on handheld with a front and back path added to it. Still need to play Return to Dreamland before I even consider getting Triple Deluxe, though.

Favorite Game: Tie between Crystal Shards (Kirby 64) and Return to Dreamland

Favorite Music:

[spoiler=Zero 2 Final Battle]

http://youtu.be/I-Kc1-Z7I4M

Favorite Ability: 3 way tie between Jedi Kirby (light saber spear), Gurren Lagann Kirby (Drill runner), and Angel Kirby (Bow and arrow w/ wings)

On a side note, I literally just played through the whole Kirby 64 game today after I dusted off my old N64 and took it for a spin; had two console freeze ups in Neostar (and much cartridge blowing ensued; this thing is so old and fragile), but I managed to 100% my first Kirby game that I used to struggle with all those years ago. I'm proud of myself! XD

Just gotta say.....fuck Shiverstar level 4. Hate that level with a passion.

The last two posts just reminded me of the combined Fire & Spark power from Kirby 64: Kirby rubbing himself with tinfoil and setting himself on fire.

I found that way funnier than I should've. =D

Then there's Fire and Ice together. I expected more than that.

Favorite sub-segment of it is also easily Milky Way Wishes. (And I always dread The Great Cave Offensive for how long it takes, especially if you want 100% completion.)

I look at it a bit like a Metroidvania since it has a lot of backtracking, but I've always been better at this game than at other games of its genre. Can't say there's amaingame segment I really dislike, but I'll agree that Milky Way Wishes is amazing.

Just gotta say.....fuck Shiverstar level 4. Hate that level with a passion.

I think mine would be the last level in Aqua Star for being so dull. The last one in Neo Star is also pretty damn rough with the lava.

Edited by Woodshooter

The fridge was amazing. Godmode all the way.

I think the fireworks (fire + bomb) was probably the most OP, but I never really messed with boss rush so I dunno if it's less applicable there (or if you even carry power ups between battles in boss rush).

Triple Deluxe looks nice... but it also kinda feels like Return to Dreamland on handheld with a front and back path added to it. Still need to play Return to Dreamland before I even consider getting Triple Deluxe, though.

Do it. Kirby's Return to Dreamland is REALLY good. It's like Superstar and Adventure combined, with the best graphics the series has seen.

Pure joy for ten solid hours. Then the sadness comes...because the game is over.

But then you unlock Extra Mode! YEAH!

Edited by Zera

Oh, I fully intend to play it - I already own the game, I just need to chip away at my backlog of games that I'm already in the middle of before I want to sit down and start playing it.

And, I don't really mind waiting, since it's not like Triple Deluxe will drop in price any time in the near future, given that it's a Nintendo-published game...

My favorite Kirby game is Super Star Ultra, though I haven't played Return to Dreamland and that would probably beat it.

C-R-O-W-N-E-D is easily my favorite track in the series.

Masked Dedede is best Dedede.

"Jedi Kirby" is my favorite power up.

By the way, Kirby's Epic Yarn is very under appreciated.