Did somebody prank the fire emblem wiki?

Alastor15243

"Clearly befitting the archetypal mould of the man in possession of more brawn than brains, Vaike seeks to fulfil the purpose of strengthening himself and thereafter becoming the greatest fighter in the entire world. This ambition of his is, however, offset by his possession of a forgettery, as evident from his misplacing his weapon in Chapter 2, alongside failing to remember to relay vital information to other members of the army."

-Taken from the entry on Vaike on the fire emblem wiki: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Vaike

Seriously, everywhere I look the wiki seems to be written as if it were the personal journal of Miriel or Laurent, If Miriel or Laurent's vocabularies allowed for them to think that "forgettery" is a word.

Has anybody else noticed this? This style of writing is all over the place on the wiki!

Well, it's not like the information they wrote was inaccurate lol. Maybe it's a bit of a prank, but at least it's not as crazy as the time when someone completely removed the Metroid Other M page from the Metroid wiki.

"Clearly befitting the archetypal mould of the man in possession of more brawn than brains, Vaike seeks to fulfil the purpose of strengthening himself and thereafter becoming the greatest fighter in the entire world. This ambition of his is, however, offset by his possession of a forgettery, as evident from his misplacing his weapon in Chapter 2, alongside failing to remember to relay vital information to other members of the army."

-Taken from the entry on Vaike on the fire emblem wiki: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Vaike

Seriously, everywhere I look the wiki seems to be written as if it were the personal journal of Miriel or Laurent, If Miriel or Laurent's vocabularies allowed for them to think that "forgettery" is a word.

Has anybody else noticed this? This style of writing is all over the place on the wiki!

I had to look it up myself but forgettery is actually a word(meaning poor memory) and it's used in the correct context in that sentence.

0/10 you should have seen the Sigurd vandalism. That one was funny.

Edit: Found it, http://i.imgur.com/T1HrmT0.png

"Dickhead Mcgee"

My god that was funny.

But I'm fairly certain the fire emblem wiki wasn't always written by this, and it seems like the particular writing style is constant throughout, suggesting it's all one person...

I haven't gotten around to browsing the wiki recently, but the example outlined in the OP looks like quality writing to me. Maybe a bit overly word-y, perhaps, but nothing I'd bat an eyebrow at.

Actually... I checked the edit history, and the change to Vaike's bio was made by a long-standing member. So yeah, definitely an attempt to improve the content, not hinder it.

No, that's not a prank. It's just the quality level of the Fire Emblem wiki.

I know right. Some butt removed my trivia about Biraku. Apparently the world doesn't need to know about resemblance to Takakazu Abe and his following in Japan!

why would they do that? that's why he's popular in japan!

I dunno, apparently they don't follow other fandoms! I didn't realise the Moonland fandom was separate!

0/10 you should have seen the Sigurd vandalism. That one was funny.

Edit: Found it, http://i.imgur.com/T1HrmT0.png

I still chuckle when i think of "Waldo, the crusader of hiding". Also the vandal came up with around ten different insulting nicknames for Alvis, most of which are funny.

I want to see this guy's work on the erotic FE fanfics.

That would be truly wonderfull?

No seriously. Can you imagine it ?

I want to see this guy's work on the erotic FE fanfics.

That would be truly wonderfull?

No seriously. Can you imagine it ?

It would be awesome and horrifying at the same time. I find myself hovering between do want for the lulz and do not want.