Mafia - Training Filler - Confirmation Phase

Grace

FFM: YES. I think being able to talk to someone outside of the thread will help you.

Current mentee/mentor ratio is skewed in favor of mentors. May I suggest one (or both) of Poly/bearclaw go towards the mentee side? bear's activity has been really spotty (I can't remember much else he's done. . .and that's bad), and I think having someone to talk to can help Poly with some of the issues he's said he's having in some past games. No offense to either of you.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these people who are better than me / have played more than I have is making me seriously consider my position as a mentor.

On the other hand I'll be a bit busy with another game soon so I don't really want to play.

I WILL PERSEVERE.

Still say that if we have too many mentors, they should hydra.

Mentee: "Guys is this a reasonable argument to make"

Mentor 1: "Looks good to me"

Mentor 2: "Shut up, Euklyd"

Mentor 1: ";~;"

Mentee: "wait what yes or no"

Mentor 2: "no"

Mentor 1: "yes"

Mentor 2: "I told you to shut up"

Edited by Euklyd

PRO SCUMHUNTING TIP

If you see someone casing another player

and then they turn around and say they "thought about it some more"

they're probably scum getting tips from conflicting sources

#prostrats

I can mentor if you're short and signups fill up (if people are ok with me mentoring them lol)

Guys stop freaking out about me being a mentor and read my post lol. I said I'd do it only if necessary. Even then I probably shouldn't though.

@eclipse: I would play but insomnia ruins my ability to think straight (my grades are plummeting it sucks) and I would rather not actually play (or anything now that I've actually thought about it.)

you know what? if Manix is up for it, I'll /in for the playerlist. Having a more experienced player will help the others understand what to do or what not to do.

IMO, too, if we're expanding this to 12p, I'd add:

Town Vig (it could work I guess, plus it buffs the doc somewhat) [Alternately, either another VT or a town-aligned redirect role]

Town Tracker/Watcher/Follower (another common role that should be learned)

Mafia Rolecop (I see this a lot on SF, and thus I feel like those looking to seriously get into mafia here should learn it)

Just my opinion.

okay poll for the playerlist: do you want to play an open setup (like the one listed) or a semi-open/variable open setup (where either the rolelist is known, or all potential setups are listed)?

Open Setup: You will know exactly which roles are in the game and which ones aren't.

Semi-open Setup: You will get a list of roles, and a selection of those roles are in the game. Roles that aren't listed have no chance of appearing though.

Variable Open Setup: Basically like the Open Setup, but there will be more than one setup listed and you don't know which one is actually used.

Serenes Forest usually uses closed setups most commonly, so that'd probably be part of the reason why. xD

Edited by Scarlet

While closed setups are most common here, I feel like in a first game it might be better to have an open setup just so that there's no mucking around with rolespec and whatnot, especially since they might not even know what half (or more) of the roles do.

Yeah, I agree with Eukyld. Open Setup is nicer here because that way you have a clear idea of what every single role actually does and there's no guessing involved or speculation. Makes fakeclaiming a bit harder though, but it's nice to know what the roles are.

EDIT: Actually after bothering to read the last page I'd vote for Semi-Open setup over Open, just so fakeclaiming isn't a pain in the ass.

Edited by Poliwrath

Yea, listen to Not Nikki Minaj Poliwhirl. It'd probably be better for novice player to not have to be subjected to Rolespec confusion for introductory games.

Yea, listen to Not Nikki Minaj Poliwhirl. It'd probably be better for novice player to not have to be subjected to Rolespec confusion for introductory games.

that is poliwrath excuse u

((i have nothing to add on other than i agree etc))