Does anyone actually use the Recover staff?

not usually, because mend just usually brings units to full health anyway.

When recover staves are avaliable, I try to use them for more exp, nothing more.

EDIT: In FE11 they're not bad because of garbage magic stats

Edited by General Horace

Leaf gets some good use out of it since he effectively has no magic despite the Master Knight giving him access to A Staffs.

Plus, there are plenty of other characters with lower staff rank like Nanna or Fee who want the remaining healing staffs. Especially the Relive ones, due to their low magic.

Edited by BrightBow

I occasionally use it for the EXP. Anyways, this thread reminds me of a question I wanted to ask - does anyone actually use the Latona staff or any of its equivalents??

Leaf gets some good use out of it since he effectively has no magic despite the Master Knight giving him access to A Staffs.

Plus, there are plenty of other characters with lower staff rank like Nanna or Fee who want the remaining healing staffs. Especially the Relive ones, due to their low magic.

Pair Claude with Fury and Azel with Lachesis and you have some competent healers that don't mess up their brothers. Delmud will still have good STR, Sety will still have good magic. Plus, Valkyrie.

Recover is the staff you want if you've been RNG screwed and your healer has bad magic. For cases where Brightbow has listed (in which case Levin is Fee's dad and Beowulf is Nanna's dad) you'll really need recover.

Most of the time, though, I found hardly any use out of it, so I generally sell them.

I do when there's been a lot of damage, especially during the Ashera fight.

Honestly, that's about the only use I can see for a Latona analogue... assuming I can be arsed to recruit the guy who comes with it, anyways. I generally see S ranking staves as a wasted S rank, given that Fortify exists.

Edited by Levant Caprice

I do when there's been a lot of damage, especially during the Ashera fight.

The recover stuff is not necassery. An arch sage with 40 magic can heal 60 HP with mend and Ashera normally cannot deal more than 60 damage.

I would prefer to use the fortify stuff twice via item change.

The recover stuff is not necassery. An arch sage with 40 magic can heal 60 HP with mend and Ashera normally cannot deal more than 60 damage.

I would prefer to use the fortify stuff twice via item change.

Actually, that was a response to a question I posed about the Latona staff and others like it.

It's just superfluous. By the time you get it, and get a healer with the staff rank high enough to even use the darn thing, You're pretty much set with a simple Mend staff or physic staff.

Edited by Elieson

The need for one rarely if ever arises, even in FE11 and later where Heal and Mend have been nerfed; usually, I just stick with Heal in FE6-9 and and keep around Mend for serious injuries in 11-12. lol @ staves in general in FE10 and FE13.

Heck, I rarely even use Physic. xD

I occasionally use it for the EXP. Anyways, this thread reminds me of a question I wanted to ask - does anyone actually use the Latona staff or any of its equivalents??

Nope!

Who needs a staff like that when it breaks in one use? Get a Fortify and have a high MAG healer. Same thing, except 5 more times!

The only S rank staffs I use are the ones that let you revive a unit. (Aum, Valkyrie)

I'll only use the Recover staff in FE11, or if I get RNG fucked units or I'm using lame people on purpose.

tbh I find mend does the job fine in FE4 but if you're looking for EXP recover is the way to go

Nope!

Who needs a staff like that when it breaks in one use? Get a Fortify and have a high MAG healer. Same thing, except 5 more times!

The only S rank staffs I use are the ones that let you revive a unit. (Aum, Valkyrie)

That reminds me, I find the usefulness of THOSE staves questionable as well, given that most people would rather restart than let a unit die. Also, for what it's worth, Latona and other such staves do cure status... except by the time you get such staves, status effects are all but irrelevant.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Actually, that was a response to a question I posed about the Latona staff and others like it.

I definitely said this in response to the Latona/Matrona/Divine Maiden staves.

Ok sorry for doubleresponse! I could not do anything with the "Latona stuff". But I see, it is a different name for the "Matrona stuff".