Does anyone actually use the Recover staff?

I don't find the Latrona Staff in FE8 as that useful because enemies aren't that strong and status effects are rare. The FE6 equivalent, on the other hand, has its uses in Ch22-24, particularly in 23 due to the status staff nest near the end.

As for the Recover staff I've only ever used it in FE4 to give Leif and other low-Magic healers an effective healing staff. I can see it being useful in the DS games though, due to the nerfed healing formula and lower healing values in general.

That reminds me, I find the usefulness of THOSE staves questionable as well, given that most people would rather restart than let a unit die. Also, for what it's worth, Latona and other such staves do cure status... except by the time you get such staves, status effects are all but irrelevant.

That depends. Both staffs appear late in the game (Aum appearing literally before the final chapter) and by that point, if your units dead there really isn't a point in reviving them unless you want a good ending.

In FE4 however, I always find myself reviving Tailto because of her job as Claude's bodyguard, and I find it convenient that it's available right off the bat on the chapter she joins. It's also much more useful if you pass the Staff to Sety, so you can revive other units earlier.

That depends. Both staffs appear late in the game (Aum appearing literally before the final chapter) and by that point, if your units dead there really isn't a point in reviving them unless you want a good ending.

In FE4 however, I always find myself reviving Tailto because of her job as Claude's bodyguard, and I find it convenient that it's available right off the bat on the chapter she joins. It's also much more useful if you pass the Staff to Sety, so you can revive other units earlier.

Exactly why I find them questionable in terms of usefulness. It doesn't help that reviving a unit wouldn't really be much use unless it was a strong unit that died to begin with... which would, in all likelihood, just cause a restart anyway.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Exactly why I find them questionable in terms of usefulness. It doesn't help that reviving a unit wouldn't really be much use unless it was a strong unit that died to begin with... which would, in all likelihood, just cause a restart anyway.

Because FE4 has long ass chapters and playing through them over and over would be hectic.

I'm questioning the Aum Staff myself, however...

Because FE4 has long ass chapters and playing through them over and over would be hectic.

I'm questioning the Aum Staff myself, however...

At the same time, FE4 only allows you to revive a unit at the main castle, which means its only practical use is generally right before you set out...

there was one time i had to use recover for the HP in FE6 chapter 22 because igrene would not have been able to survive an enemy druid without it.

saint's staff is super useful in FE6 because enemies in chapters 22 and 24 do a lot of damage, and chapter 23 has 3 enemy druids with status staves near the boss (though it's not efficient to use saint's staff for that purpose in chapter 23).

mostly recover is good for the EXP if you don't have B staves for physic (FE7, FE8?) or it's a big chunk of money to the bank.

Edited by dondon151

I've only ever used Aum for "happy endings" and for pulling the stunt wherein you can get both Falchions in FE11.

As for Valkyrie, sometimes FE4 turns can be tedious to restart and it's easier to just resurrect someone.

ETA: Leif has fun with the Recover staff.

Edited by Cymbalina's Revenge

I use them like I do any healing staff, though usually earlier in the game. I never buy them, though.

Edited by Parrhesia

It's a godsend in FE4 and the DS FEs.

Not really needed in the others, IMO, unless it's a crucial situation like keeping Athos alive when he's fighting the dragon, as Boney stated,

there's a physic staff with the C rank?

In Radiant Dawn, Path of Radiance and Awakening, Physic only requires a C rank in Staves to use.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I use it when I absolutely want to make sure a character goes from Dead to Not-Dead

At least in the games that don't tell you how much HP the unit will have afterwards

Edited by cryogeist

Actually, that was a response to a question I posed about the Latona staff and others like it.

Saint's Staff is hilariously good in FE6. Fortify is god's gift in FE12 H3.

EDIT: Recover is bad...except for selling it. It's really good as money.

The need for one rarely if ever arises, even in FE11 and later where Heal and Mend have been nerfed; usually, I just stick with Heal in FE6-9 and and keep around Mend for serious injuries in 11-12. lol @ staves in general in FE10 and FE13.

Heck, I rarely even use Physic. xD

Physic is extremely useful in Lunatic FE13 and FE10 HM. Libra's Barrier is useful for the following chapter so a unit can tank mages in the same EP. (someone like Sumia) And then there's Rescue in FE13 with how broken it is. I don't see what's so lulz about that.

Edited by PKL

Note that fortify is unavailable during the main story of fe6, so the saint's staff is you only choice for aoe healing except in the trial maps (also, breaking it does not cause the bad ending.) Recover can sometimes be useful in fe5 due to the 20 magic cap, and you will probably get a lot of free copies by capturing weaponless or weak enemy healers. In fe4, the valikirie can be used to glitch the balmung onto lachke, although i have never done so (and it is hampered by the fact that only 2 pairings pass it into the second half of the game, and many people simply do not use them).

Physic is extremely useful in Lunatic FE13 and FE10 HM. Libra's Barrier is useful for the following chapter so a unit can tank mages in the same EP. (someone like Sumia) And then there's Rescue in FE13 with how broken it is. I don't see what's so lulz about that.

I beat both FE10 HM and FE13 Lunatic without bothering with Physic (although admittedly, I really don't want to fight Ashera without Fortify), but yeah, I should probably have narrowed that down to the healing staves. Barrier, Rescue and such do still have their uses, although if you're not concerned about turncounts, FE13 Lunatic is probably easier to beat if you don't bother with a staff user at all (well, past the earlygame that is), considering how difficult it can be to keep them alive there.

...let me reword it. I religiously use healing staves in other FEs, but in FE10 and FE13, they just feel unnecessary for the most part. FE10 has super-potent healing items, which, for me, tend to be more convenient than deploying a weak staff user (especially since said staff user can't be in multiple places at once, even with Physic), and FE13 Lunatic is so much easier to beat with a small overleveled team than with a full-fledged one that healing items and/or skills are, again, simply much more convenient to me.