Elincia or Mist for Endgame?

I would give Alondite to Mist. It's stronger than the Florette.

Elincia has Amiti, which guarantees two attcks and gives her a boost in defense.

So you could use both theoretical in the endgame.

But what about the strength and defense of Mist?

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

I would give Alondite to Mist. It's stronger than the Florette.

Elincia has Amiti, which guarantees two attcks and gives her a boost in defense.

Amiti is pretty much a free Brave Sword that boosts Def, and unless you give Elincia the RuneSword, Mist would probably be just fine with ALondite.

Amiti is pretty much a free Brave Sword that boosts Def, and unless you give Elincia the RuneSword, Mist would probably be just fine with ALondite.

How long has it been since you played FE10?

Also, for any question, I can only bring one of the two. I had to sit Ilyana out so Pelleas could come, and Boyd only just promoted.

Edited by Logience

Oh wow, what was I thinking (i'm spending far too much time pouring through the FE9 Link Arena thread and always have RS!Elincia on my mind).

It's actually been 2 years...since my disk freezes when a unit promotes to Tier3 of any class...

But yea, Amiti is still fine for Elincia. Mist isn't given that benefit with her Flourettes, so Alondite suits her better.

Assuming you could only bring 1, I'd say Elincia (because of the much better Str cap and +1 Spd cap over Mist). Their defensive parameters are similar enough to be negligible

How long has it been since you played FE10?

Also, for any question, I can only bring one of the two. I had to sit Ilyana out so Pelleas could come, and Boyd only just promoted.

Well then you should use Elincia. Amiti is the best weapon!

Micaiah can also do the "healing" part.

I would give Alondite to Elincia or a trueblade, (if you use in the endgame).

Except I feel like it's really, really weird to have Elincia just hold on to Amiti without blessing it. Is it relatable or am I just being crazy?

speaking as someone who actually bothered to get mist to SS swords to use alondite, and capped her str, its totally not worth it and she'll never do real dmg any in endgame anyway, and elincia doesn't do any better. both are there to use staffs and ferry around. maybe its better on EM but otherwise she practically 4rkos or worse on a lot of enemies, so you may as well just go afk and put a laguz royal in the middle of everyone. :\

Edited by Irysa

speaking as someone who actually bothered to get mist to SS swords to use alondite, and capped her str, its totally not worth it and she'll never do real dmg any in endgame anyway, and elincia doesn't do any better. both are there to use staffs and ferry around. maybe its better on EM but otherwise she practically 4rkos or worse on a lot of enemies, so you may as well just go afk and put a laguz royal in the middle of everyone. :\

Actually with Ena+Gareth+Nasir, I think AmitiLincy ORKOs noncover auras. She's strong yo.

In my opinion Elincia is better for fighting than for healing.

Amiti can kill everything in the endgame, because it can attack four times. She doesn't need SS rank in sword, because Amiti is the best weapon in the entire game. Inbue is also perfect for her.

At least in my playthroughs it worked very well.

Micaiah is more useful for long range healing, because she has better magic anyway.

Just curious whether which one is better to give the Alondite.

Let's see...

Mist: 25 Str/34 Spd caps (on top of 25% Str growth)

Elincia: 30 Str/35 Spd (60% Str growth, flying, lawl)

Yep, Mist!

Elincia is clearly the best option, Mist requires so many time and resources that is not even funny to use especially in the first Greil chapters were she's owned by enemies and relies on Bond Critkills or Mendspam.

More on-topic, Alondite is like the worst option for blessings in Endgame, hell even a plain Brave weapon is far better than Alondite or even other SS weapons when you've got to Aura killing. Amiti is a brave weapon with high mt, that's all you need, which means Elincia is your MUST HAVE by Endgame. Besides weapon blessing, Elincia has flight for 4-E-1, and is more consistent than Mist when engaging combat even with them stronk generals, just beware snipers. But all in all, Elincia is the obvious choice.

Elincia is clearly the best option, Mist requires so many time and resources that is not even funny to use especially in the first Greil chapters were she's owned by enemies and relies on Bond Critkills or Mendspam.

More on-topic, Alondite is like the worst option for blessings in Endgame, hell even a plain Brave weapon is far better than Alondite or even other SS weapons when you've got to Aura killing. Amiti is a brave weapon with high mt, that's all you need, which means Elincia is your MUST HAVE by Endgame. Besides weapon blessing, Elincia has flight for 4-E-1, and is more consistent than Mist when engaging combat even with them stronk generals, just beware snipers. But all in all, Elincia is the obvious choice.

Why is that? Is it because it already has infinite uses?

Give the Alondite to Edward

Which is assuming he even is bringing him to endgame in the first place...

The part where you said Alondite was the worst weapon for blessing.

Not because of uses, because every weapon gets infinite uses when blessed, but mostly the worst when compared to a simple Brave Sword, Vague Katti or Amiti itself. It is mostly due to circumstances.

Consider Capped str Trueblade with Brave Swd vs Alondite against Ashera's Auras:

Brave swd deals 11*4 dmg (male) // 10*4 dmg (female) while Alondite deals 20*2 dmg // 19*2 dmg. In both examples, Brave Swd has the lead even if minimum but that difference on dmg determines whether the aura dies or not.

This is with a unit that doubles auras, but regarding, for example, Gold Knights (Makalov):

Brave Swd deals 13*2 dmg while Alondite deals 22 dmg. Brave swd keeps the lead even with units unable to double auras.

Now, Amiti vs Alondite with Elincia:

15*2 dmg with Amiti, 18 dmg with Alondite.

The only way Alondite is better than Brave Sword is when Unit's Str is lower than Enemy Def, like Mist:

4*2 dmg with Brave, 13 dmg with Alondite

Something to note is that even a Wyrmslayer is a better option mostly due to its effectiveness against Dheginsea, unless you have a bunch of sword users to deploy but generally Brave Weapons and Wyrmslayer are top priority, even over Vague Katti and Alondite; although VK > Alondite.

Not because of uses, because every weapon gets infinite uses when blessed, but mostly the worst when compared to a simple Brave Sword, Vague Katti or Amiti itself. It is mostly due to circumstances.

Consider Capped str Trueblade with Brave Swd vs Alondite against Ashera's Auras:

Brave swd deals 11*4 dmg (male) // 10*4 dmg (female) while Alondite deals 20*2 dmg // 19*2 dmg. In both examples, Brave Swd has the lead even if minimum but that difference on dmg determines whether the aura dies or not.

This is with a unit that doubles auras, but regarding, for example, Gold Knights (Makalov):

Brave Swd deals 13*2 dmg while Alondite deals 22 dmg. Brave swd keeps the lead even with units unable to double auras.

Now, Amiti vs Alondite with Elincia:

15*2 dmg with Amiti, 18 dmg with Alondite.

The only way Alondite is better than Brave Sword is when Unit's Str is lower than Enemy Def, like Mist:

4*2 dmg with Brave, 13 dmg with Alondite

Something to note is that even a Wyrmslayer is a better option mostly due to its effectiveness against Dheginsea, unless you have a bunch of sword users to deploy but generally Brave Weapons and Wyrmslayer are top priority, even over Vague Katti and Alondite; although VK > Alondite.

Because of circumstances, huh... I see where you're coming from. But on the other hand, I don't really like being a sitting duck on enemy phase, given that every mook after the blessing has range, and in Dheg's case, I think it's REALLY stupid to attack him while he still has mooks around him. Admittedly, though, spirits are little more than annoyances. I know that it might be a silly concern, but still, I like Alondite's range, given that everything else you mentioned is only good for picking on adjacent opponents, which, IMO, isn't ideal when range is everywhere... And this is just me, but I'm rather hesitant on the Wyrmslayer, given that after Dheg, I'm stuck with a subpar weapon for attacking auras.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Because of circumstances, huh... I see where you're coming from. But on the other hand, I don't really like being a sitting duck on enemy phase, given that every mook after the blessing has range, and in Dheg's case, I think it's REALLY stupid to attack him while he still has mooks around him. Admittedly, though, spirits are little more than annoyances. I know that it might be a silly concern, but still, I like Alondite's range, given that everything else you mentioned is only good for picking on adjacent opponents, which, IMO, isn't ideal when range is everywhere... And this is just me, but I'm rather hesitant on the Wyrmslayer, given that after Dheg, I'm stuck with a subpar weapon for attacking auras.

You can still use Alondite for all the normal enemies without worrying about it breaking, unlike brave sword, VK, and wyrmslayer. Deg and Seph have range, but they're immobile, so you shouldn't ever really be in a place where they can attack you and you can't counter, besides their special attacks which you can't ever counter. And does Ashera ever not use one of her special attacks?

I can't really see any reason to bless Alondite unless you have like 6 mono-swordies.

Speaking of which, it's a shame that they (Mist and Elincia) are the only mounted units who can SS swords and have the speed cap to double auras, since I actually think that being able to move again and trade it among mounts could've easily figured in some uses for it against Ashera's auras... But that's me going on a tangent. As for Dheg, I do NOT like giving the guy I'm trying to kill an approximately 1 in 6 chance to make me restart and lose all my progress, thank you very much. (I've never seen Ire activate at range)

Edited by Levant Caprice

It is mostly because I'm so used to drafting style :P:

It is mostly because I'm so used to drafting style :P:

It really is the only way to play.

Monocle Approves