Chapters that made you ragequit

FE10: 1-E. I never really find any of the other DB chapters overly hard these days, but this one pits you against the biggest disadvantage yet.

Nailah and Black Knight vs jared?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be more worried about, oh, everything else I have to cut down (like weeds on the farm) before I get to Zurg, given that they get a 15% boost to hit and evade, courtesy of Jarod's authority stars. And that's without factoring in potential Biorhythm effects.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Jarod is easy, but the chapter itself is really hard, in my opinion even harder than the chapters against the Laguz.

There are tons of enemies in a small area, who have boosts. And there are also two long bow douches and a meteor mage, who godthanks doesn't move. If your units have low biorhythm, you're fucked up! Without forged weapons 1-F is a pain in the ass. On hard without enemies' movement range I need in average two hours for this chapter and my head is "steaming".

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

Lunatic+ chapter 3 in awakening. Chapter 2 already had me close, but at that point I just couldn't bear it anymore.

I do want to try again at some point, though, especially since my ragequit happened before Interceptor made a guide for it.

One of the chapters I absolutely cannot stand is chapter 13 in Shadow Dragon. Even in small numbers, long-range attackers can be very irritating. This chapter, however, takes it to an extreme that I feel no chapter has ever gone before or since. Other than that:

I usually just warp Marth to the village where you get Beck and then have Beck basically solo the chapter.

As for my personal hated chapters:

Chapter 16 of Shadow Dragon: being chased by a powerful (not to mention invincible) magic user with high SPD in the game where everyone has shit RES = not fun.

All the Gaiden chapters in Binding Blade. Fucking Boltings, man.

Chapters 2, 4, and 7 in Genealogy of the Holy War. It takes way too long to move your units around.

Can't think of any others at the moment.

I usually just warp Marth to the village where you get Beck and then have Beck basically solo the chapter.

As for my personal hated chapters:

Chapter 16 of Shadow Dragon: being chased by a powerful (not to mention invincible) magic user with high SPD in the game where everyone has shit RES = not fun.

All the Gaiden chapters in Binding Blade. Fucking Boltings, man.

Chapters 2, 4, and 7 in Genealogy of the Holy War. It takes way too long to move your units around.

Can't think of any others at the moment.

Ehhh, I personally found chapter 15, which is the chapter with Gharnef, to not be as bad as chapter 13.

Other chapters that I hate include:

FE10: 2-1. Being stuck with 2 (later 3) units is not pleasant. And when you have that few units, a miss can easily send your strategy to hell, or at least set you back a turn or two.

3-10. I. Hate. Dealing WIth Stupid NPCs. Need I say more?

4-4. Having deadweight characters forced on your team that late in the game, as I see it, can only be a "fuck you" to the player. Also, Sleep Staff, and assloads of reinforcements.

FE13: Chapter 4. Again with the rather small unit allowance. I also find chapter 17 pretty lame, given you start off split up into three groups, and the boss has a Fortify staff. It's also heavy on ranged attackers, IIRC.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Chapters 2 and 3 of Awakening are pretty annoying on all difficulties, especially Lunatic and above, since that's when you start seeing steel weapons.

And Paralogue 3

Edited by The Geek

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if I actually ragequit on it, but Chapter 14 (Arcadia) in FE6 was pretty rage-inducing- especially if you're actually trying to level up Sophia. Battle Before Dawn was also pretty tough, although with that i didn't have the same feeling of "Are you serious, IS?" as with Arcadia. Also, 2-E was hard for me, at least the first time.

FE5' s Chapter 4x. You don't have enough meatshields/dodgetanks to get past the first onslaught. Leif' s Light Sword was broken too.

But...I've beaten this chapter few times... So you maybe have enough meatshields/dodgetanks...?

FE5' s Chapter 4x. You don't have enough meatshields/dodgetanks to get past the first onslaught. Leif' s Light Sword was broken too.

There's part of your problem.

4x's opening is somewhat luck-based (much to my annoyance) but it's survivable. Just line up your more durable units in front (park Dalshin/Brighton/Fergus at the edges to kill the soldiers) and let 'em rip on Turn 2. Lifis and Karen can take on the mages while Leif and your other powerhouses can focus on the armors.

Ch9, though, pissed me off on my first run because the boss is basically Gomes on a flying dragon, and he and his squad would either veer towards the Lenster Losers or be excruciating to take out without Grafcalibur. Definitely a pain for anyone who doesn't Warpskip or Karenskip the chapter.

Edited by X-Naut

Don't forget your supports either. Stick Leaf close to Dalsin, Machua close to Brighton and Karin close to Fergus for small, yet useful bonuses.

Fergus is reasonably close to B, and should definitely hit it if you train a little bit. The Fire Sword also happens to lower damage from Mages as well.

10b in FE6 is a completionist's nightmare

>3 enemy recruits

>other units you need to keep alive for an elysian whip

>2 villages right next to brigand spawn

in retrospect this could have all been avoided it i just went to the village on the left in chapter 9 :x

It didn't really make me ragequit (since I did eventually finish the chapter) but Ch17B in FE5 was probably what made me quit my run of the game considering I stopped immediately after finishing it.

10b in FE6 is a completionist's nightmare

>3 enemy recruits

>other units you need to keep alive for an elysian whip

>2 villages right next to brigand spawn

in retrospect this could have all been avoided it i just went to the village on the left in chapter 9 :x

not visiting either village also sends you to lalum's route by default.

When I really sucked at FE (more than I do currently), I had so much problems with the final chapter of FE7 that I restarted the game, went through everything, then I still couldn't beat it so I restarted again. This was like 5 years ago or so, but still, I had difficulties.

Battle Before Dawn is a pain in the ass, but I find the chapter rather enjoyable (as long as Jaffar doesn't die).

Any fog of war in FE6.

Don't forget your supports either. Stick Leaf close to Dalsin, Machua close to Brighton and Karin close to Fergus for small, yet useful bonuses.

Fergus is reasonably close to B, and should definitely hit it if you train a little bit. The Fire Sword also happens to lower damage from Mages as well.

Well, Felgus with support bonus has ~50% crit in second strike, so that's not so small bonus :D: .

The problem is you really, really want to beat ch4 as quick as it's possible, because those reinforcements.

And if we are talking about B rank sword you also can get Armorslayer. However you shouldn't take both Fire and Armorslayer, because it slow you down in ch4.

IMO you should take only Light, Fire (maybe one Iron) Sword,lockpicks and Hezul(optional). More items slow you down and being in this chapter long makes it harder to beat because reinforcements and brigands can't heal themselves.

FE7: Battle Before Dawn like omg seriously, also The Dread Isle

FE8: Ironically Chapter 5 in Serafew used to kill me. I hadn't come up with a good way to get Natasha to Josh so she kept dying

FE9: The one where youre defending the Mercenary Fort. I don't know why I had so much trouble with that.

FE10: Don't think there was one. I beat the game in under a week so everything moved pretty quickly.

FE11: I don't think any made me ragequit but there were a couple I got bored of trying to get through so I just didn't.

FE12: Haven't played enough of it yet to ragequit.

FE13: OKAY NO BUT SERIOUSLY I JUST GOT THROUGH FIVE ANNA FIREFIGHT TODAY AND ONLY AFTER HYPERTRAINING ALL OF MY FLIERS LIKE SERIOUSLY WHY SO MANY FUCKING REINFORCEMENTS OHHHHHMYGOD