Why do people like Chrom x Olivia?

I think it's for the balanced modifiers but still, I thought that skill and speed would be the most useful to a great lord, because of the amazing skills they can learn. So why do people normally like to sacrifice these stats for strength? Also you can have both pauvise and aegis on lucina if Sumia is her mother ( which I always do because it just feels wrong if I don't) . I'm not ranting I just don't understand the advantages to having Chrom marry Olivia.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's the only way to get a decent physical Lucina. Sumia!Lucina has a +0 Str Mod. Maribelle!Lucina has a -1 Str mod. Compare that to Olivia!Lucina's +2. As for skill vs. strength, a guaranteed +1/2/3 damage is better than +.5/1% (or +0 in the case of Maribelle), which may or may not be actually used for the calc of Aether's proc rate. Also, PavGis is a decent maingame skill, but sucks for postgame.

And shouldn't this be in the Awakening section?

Edited by Gaia

1. It has vantage

2. Its not Sumia aka the whore who stole mai hasubando

3. It has vantage

4. I like my Lucina to have swords since she does not have watermelons

5. It has vantage

6. Apparently its story isn't crappy. I beg to differ myself but I'm tired of canon war despite advocating it

7. it has vantage

Did I mention it has vantage?

But in all seriousness mods are worthless unless your like.... Morgan level or something. Even Vantage is not that worth it since Lucina is better off in the backline attacking while supporting Morgan. Finally Physical Lucina is worse in 100% of situation because Magical Lucina has rescue staff AND Cellica Fart.

In face of real optimization, every Lucina that isn't Maribelle or Max Magic is basically terrible but i'm not one to talk

Edited by JSND

Did I mention it has vantage?

So... ummm... Why do you have half health in the first place?

If you're going to have Olivia leveled 10 myrmidon reclass by the time Lucina comes around, you should be overleveled for everything but Lunatic.

I'm not dissing on how good Vantage is.

...But you're overexaggarating it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

So... ummm... Why do you have half health in the first place?

If you're going to have Olivia leveled 10 myrmidon reclass by the time Lucina comes around, you should be overleveled for everything but Lunatic.

I'm not dissing on how good Vantage is.

...But you're overexaggarating it.

Just get shitty Lucina and grind her in EXP map or something

But then again we don't even know the context in which the pairing is judged

Isn't there also this whole "gives Inigo Luna" bit as well, while leaving the more...flexible fathers open for other kids?

Compare to ~all the other potential Chrom kids~ – they already have it.

I'm not really up to speed on such things, but that definitely used to be important.

Isn't there also this whole "gives Inigo Luna" bit as well, while leaving the more...flexible fathers open for other kids?

I'm not really up to speed on such things, but that definitely used to be important.

STR mod + Luna and what you already said.

Maybe Rightful King has something to do with it too?

In any case, there's also how they are pretty cute.

...Though I wish there was an option for her OTHER than "fade black screen --> marriage".

I blame the dancer tutorial.

And no, Olivia isn't my waifu anymore, so that bias is like... gone now.

Oh yeah, I forgot about poor Inigo. Also, Inigo can't procstack (well he can procstack Astra/Luna, but... meh), so RfK makes a nice substitute for what would be your second proc.

And no, Olivia isn't my waifu anymore, so that bias is like... gone now.

Then who is?

Edited by Gaia

Inigo best option is(IMO) things like Ricken anyway since that Tomefaire is so good. Considering that Henry, Virion, and THAT AXE WIELDING PRIEST THAT I FORGOT is a leftovers most of the time, he can easilly get one source of Tomefaire while also getting a cool Cynthia(which is all of it)

I think RFK and Aether proc stack was a tad bit overrated thanks to how op Dual Strike is in this game, but eh

Edited by Anti-Fun

Oh yeah, I forgot about poor Inigo. Also, Inigo can't procstack (well he can procstack Astra/Luna, but... meh), so RfK makes a nice substitute for what would be your second proc.

Uhh, I thought RfK wasn't that good a skill in the grand scheme of things? Given that in practice, odds are there'd be a better use for the skill slot that RfK is taking up...

Uhh, I thought RfK wasn't that good a skill in the grand scheme of things? Given that in practice, odds are there'd be a better use for the skill slot that RfK is taking up...

Yeah, but what else are you going to put there besides Astra? There's not much. You could drop a second -Faire there, but that's kind of a waste, as you might as well weaponlock yourself to one or the other and save a skill slot.

I was under the impression that RfK + Luna had worse odds of a proc than Luna + Astra had of a proc.

EDIT: Given 50 Skill, the chance that you proc anything is:

Luna+RfK: 60%

Luna+Astra: 62.5%

not sure how Astra compares damagewise to Luna, but w/e.

There aren't exactly a lot of characters who can procstack other things with higher rates. You have like, Ignis + Luna, I guess. Edited by Euklyd

Theres not much skill in this game that you could run out of skillslot

Like... you have Agressor, Faire, Galeforce, and its basically "Put whatever here". Remove Agressor with some other stuff for different set ups and you get the "optimal" skillbuild for everyone.

Even things like Luna is in reality nothing more than a filler

I was under the impression that RfK + Luna had worse odds of a proc than Luna + Astra had of a proc.

It does (69% vs. 88% as Chrom!Hero!Inigo with no bonuses besides LB). I just don't like Astra.

Edited by Gaia

Let me phrase the question another way: is ChromxOlivia that good that it makes it worth to sacrifice gameplay possibilities in favor of waiting until Chapter 11 to pair Chrom with someone?

Edited by Bird Jesus

Let me phrase the question another way: is ChromxOlivia that good that it makes it worth to sacrifice gameplay possibilities in favor of waiting until Chapter 11 to pair Chrom with someone?

Nope.

It's not just about the waiting, it's also about the contortions that you have to go through to keep people away from Chrom, the Dance grinding, the sub-par starting Lucina, and the awkward situation where you have a backline Dancer with husband/child Support ranks to worry about.

ChromxOlivia has always seemed like something from the realm of Eugenics and Carebear runs to me.

I'd easily say no.

It's not just about the waiting, it's also about the contortions that you have to go through to keep people away from Chrom, the Dance grinding, the sub-par starting Lucina, and the awkward situation where you have a backline Dancer with husband/child Support ranks to worry about.

ChromxOlivia has always seemed like something from the realm of Eugenics and Carebear runs to me.

And this explains why.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Are we talking about optimization or the pairing?

People like the pairing because FE4 reference, right? Out of the blue Dancer wife and what not? It's why I put Tyrfing in Chrom!Inigo's inventory when I did it.

For optimization? Basically for Chrom!Inigo and the gimmicky RFK Lethality. It's for Streetpass trolling. But honestly, Chrom x Sumia beats Chrom x Olivia in just about everything.

Better second kid. Chrom!Cynthia >> Chrom!Inigo.

As a combat unit, Sumia >> Olivia. Luna + Tomefaire + Galeforce Sage/Dark Flier beats Swordfaire + Astra + Galeforce Assassin pretty easily. So Sumia makes better use out of Chrom's Dual Strike+ and you get to keep your only dancer. Outside of highly specialized Skl builds, Chrom is your only other source of easy 100% Dual Strike that isn't Lucina. No way you can let that go to waste.

By virtue of having access to Sage alone Sumia!Lucina > Olivia!Lucina.

Let's not even forget how much of a pain in the buttocks it is to pair Chrom with Olivia. R.I.P. Lucina's base stats.

There's like, zero reason to pair Chrom with Olivia when Maribelle!Lucina and Sumia!Lucina exist.

This is before I even mention the opening movie

Are we talking about optimization or the pairing?

People like the pairing because FE4 reference, right? Out of the blue Dancer wife and what not? It's why I put Tyrfing in Chrom!Inigo's inventory when I did it.

For optimization? Basically for Chrom!Inigo and the gimmicky RFK Lethality. It's for Streetpass trolling. But honestly, Chrom x Sumia beats Chrom x Olivia in just about everything.

Better second kid. Chrom!Cynthia >> Chrom!Inigo.

As a combat unit, Sumia >> Olivia. Luna + Tomefaire + Galeforce Sage/Dark Flier beats Swordfaire + Astra + Galeforce Assassin pretty easily. So Sumia makes better use out of Chrom's Dual Strike+ and you get to keep your only dancer. Outside of highly specialized Skl builds, Chrom is your only other source of easy 100% Dual Strike that isn't Lucina. No way you can let that go to waste.

By virtue of having access to Sage alone Sumia!Lucina > Olivia!Lucina.

Let's not even forget how much of a pain in the buttocks it is to pair Chrom with Olivia. R.I.P. Lucina's base stats.

There's like, zero reason to pair Chrom with Olivia when Maribelle!Lucina and Sumia!Lucina exist.

This is before I even mention the opening movie

Sigurd's wife did come from out of nowhere, yes, but she wasn't a dancer.