Why do people like Chrom x Olivia?

He was talking about Sumia!Lucina.

It was a comparison to Olivia!Lucina. It's useless to bring up Tomefaire as an argument when Olivia!Lucina would never use it.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a comparison to Olivia!Lucina. It's useless to bring up Tomefaire as an argument when Olivia!Lucina would never use it.

I see. I thought you had misinterpreted, but I guess I was the one who misinterpreted instead...

A lot of people like ChromXOlivia just so they can make the "best" Inigo (since he can use Rightful King to boost up Astra and Lethality proccing rates -- common in "OP" Streetpass teams). >_>

If there's anything I like about the pairing, it's that Inigo is still a philanderer even as crown prince and that he ends up being a chicken in his C-support with Lucina.

Hmmm. At the same time, as far as Inigo goes, I've read that Stahl!Inigo is more-or-less the same as Chrom!Inigo (and imho, I don't think Rightful King is some kind of game-changer).

Chrom!Inigo and Stahl!Inigo are pretty much the same thing. Both give Archer and Cavalier. Chrom just gives RFK with is junk unless you want RFK Lethality streetpass.

omg. Someone should sig this.

I volunteer.

Anyway... I prefer Chrom x Sumia over Chrom x Olivia. The main reason here is actually Sumia herself: out of her five possible pairing options, Avatar is busy, Gaius is busy, Frederick is slow, and that leaves Chrom and Henry. Henry, however, has some other units he could go very well on (Cherche, Nowi, Maribelle), so it comes down to whether Chrom!Inigo outweighs Chrom!Cynthia and a free Henry. Since Cynthia could beat him alone, there's really no contest (and Inigo has one of the broadest pools of workable fathers in the game- anyone with Luna/Vengeance will do).

As for Chrom!Inigo's perks, though, he certainly does look good with that hair, and RK Inigo is one of the few ways to get 100% AT without DLC. RK also helps him get going in higher difficulties by boosting Sol's activation rate. Postgame though it doesn't fit on him (LB/GF/Agg/Luna/Faire).

Regarding the "difficulty" of pairing up Chrom and Olivia, it certainly is present on Lunatic+ Nogrind (which, I believe, is primarily what Interceptor plays, and he's the one who brought this up). While dancing to pass Lucina better stats is certainly a possibility, the real problem is Inigo: not only is his Paralogue prohibitively difficult, but passing him Galeforce (required for postgame) is borderline impossible (though I have done it before). If you wait too long, he won't come in time to be useful, which is important when Chrom could have Cynthia as a daughter who both has a high chance of being passed Galeforce, can get it easily if it isn't passed, has an easier paralogue, and is ready to help from the start. Also, Chrom x Sumia C is easy to get and the extra point of Spd it offers makes a great difference in how easily you can catch Chrom up if you want to use him.

I think a pair that isn't Sumia is just wrong IMO. I don't see any chemistry with either Maribelle or Sully. And Olivia comes too late.

Sully and Chrom have bromance.

Chrom and Maribelle have the whole nobles lovin' nobles thing.

But Chrom's true OTP is Sumia, I agree.

It's funny to see this thread revived with talk of Sumia.

I have some GLORIOUS screenshots of what I had to deal with this week on Youtube.

Edited by shadowofchaos

It's funny to see this thread revived with talk of Sumia.

I have some GLORIOUS screenshots of what I had to deal with this week on Youtube.

Dont keep me in suspense, Rey!

Do share!

I like Chrom!Brady sometimes. Chrom/Sumia, i only really do if im just not terribly arsed about who Chrom gets with and/or convenience factor.

Adding my two cents to this topic, I haven't done any pairing for Chrom except Chrom x Sumia. Couldn't bring myself to experiment because both of them have less support options in terms of marriage. I also find that, while Inigo can benefit from Chrom, he can also gets many benefits from fathers like Virion (provides no overlapping classes and good mods) or Avatar (who is a good father/mother for anyone, depending on asset/flaw). I find that Cynthia gets more out of having Chrom as a father than Inigo, personally.

In short, nothing wrong with Chrom x Olivia, but the game really wants to shove Chrom x Sumia into your face by limiting them both in their options, so it makes perfect sense to pair them, and Inigo has better fathers than Chrom anyway.

To be honest, I don't like Suma. My dislike for her wouldn't be so bad, if the game didn't decide to shove SumiaxChrom all up in my face. All that she has going for her character is falling over air. When she's pretty boring and at times she can be annoying. The only time I find her remotely okay and not annoying is during her supports with Henry. (Yes, I am super harsh.)

Olivia is like the only girl I would ever give Chrom to besides the Female Avatar. I find her more interesting plus Inigo is hilarious. XD

Edited by Subsonic

The funniest part about the above post, the same phrases are being said.

ngFExJm.png

I6byKvw.png

OJR6FQz.png

0Jfd1y1.png

9HgMauV.png

How do you put up with it, Rey?

To be honest, I don't like Suma. My dislike for her wouldn't be so bad, if the game didn't decide to shove SumiaxChrom all up in my face. All that she has going for her character is falling over air. When she's pretty boring and at times she can be annoying. The only time I find her remotely okay and not annoying is during her supports with Henry. (Yes, I am super harsh.)

Olivia is like the only girl I would ever give Chrom to besides the Female Avatar. I find her more interesting plus Inigo is hilarious. XD

Olivia's interesting but Sumia isn't, despite the fact that they are extremely similar in personality except Sumia doesn't take it to anime extremes?

Have a seat.

I didn't. I blew up multiple times.

I had to get help from other SF members to be calm about it because it's just not worth it.

I have to admit, subsonic over there...

It would be gloriously hilarious if they're the same person. I *DID* direct them to SF to evaluate Sumia as a unit.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Olivia's interesting but Sumia isn't, despite the fact that they are extremely similar in personality except Sumia doesn't take it to anime extremes?

Have a seat.

Meh. It's just my opinion. Can't fault me for having one. I am not going to fight to justify it unless for some reason there is an ethical issue involved? I'll just leave it at that I guess.

Edited by Subsonic

Meh. It's just my opinion. Can't fault me for having one. I am not going to fight to justify it unless for some reason there is an ethical issue involved? I'll just leave it at that I guess.

I saw this response coming. Remember that having an opinion does not make it immune from scrutiny.

This thread is bullshit, everyone knows Chrom's one true love is Village Maiden.

You mean the same maiden that Inigo is trying to fuck in his Paralogue?

These are the two best posts in the entire thread

So now we aren't allowed to dislike Sumia? I mean, in a game that goes to far lengths to say none of the pairs is canon, having romantic scenes between two characters as part of the main story is a bit contradictory. I really don't like the favoritism Sumia has compared to the other Chrom's possible wives.

The funniest part about the above post, the same phrases are being said.

ngFExJm.png

I6byKvw.png

OJR6FQz.png

0Jfd1y1.png

9HgMauV.png

tumblr_inline_mrxly2OvUZ1qz4rgp.gif

Zounds, lad! Thats hilarious!! I just..ahaha...

Chrom/FemaleAvatar have like no chemistry in their supports. Virion/Female Avatar is hawt cuz they bond over strategy!

Thing is, the game doesnt shove Chrom/Sumia down your throat as much as the Chrom/Avatar shippers like to claim. Sure, theres all these things saying "psssst...hey...its a good idea to pair these two. Look, it makes sense storywise." but the game is also saying "You dont HAVE to pair these two if you dont want to. There are other options." Yeah it does boil my beans that i cant pair Chrom with Miriel so the sibling dynamic between Lucina and Laurent would be very interesting due to Laurent's time travel arrival being different. Or that Tharja/Chrom cant happen cuz holy crap that would be hilarious. Or Chrom/Panne cannot exist and one of my stupid headcanon ideas of the Taguel race being protected through Chrom's rule. But seriously, hating Sumia because of that is freaking ridiculous. Its silly to pin hatred on a character when that character really isnt the reason why Chrom's choices are so limited.

I actually get sad that Sumia's options are limited. I wanted Cynthia to be Virion's child once. Just cuz how cute would that freaking be? Or a Gregor/Sumia support would just..i would melt into goo due to the moe. Lon'qu/Sumia cannot happen either and his supports with her could be damn cute. Or the odd couple of Vaike/Sumia, or Ricken and Sumia cheering each other on and bonding over their own short comings. AND WHY THE FUCK CANT SHE MARRY STAHL! THEY WOULD BE PERFECT TOGETHER!

:(: I actually have a massive soft spot for Sumia so her lack of options upsets me more than Chrom's.

Besides, Inigo is the most Montoya when he's Avatar's kid.

So now we aren't allowed to dislike Sumia? I mean, in a game that goes to far lengths to say none of the pairs is canon, having romantic scenes between two characters as part of the main story is a bit contradictory. I really don't like the favoritism Sumia has compared to the other Chrom's possible wives.

The point is hating the character for that reason is actually pretty shallow. If someone dislikes her for her personality or character quirks, i can understand. But hating the character and bashing her for the limited options that also extend to her, is really kinda crappy.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

The point is hating the character for that reason is actually pretty shallow. If someone dislikes her for her personality or character quirks, i can understand. But hating the character and bashing her for the limited options that also extend to her, is really kinda crappy.

This. It's one thing to hate THAT Sumia gets favoritism in the pairing system. But another entirely to hate Sumia FOR being the preferred girl.

This. It's one thing to hate THAT Sumia gets favoritism in the pairing system. But another entirely to hate Sumia FOR being the preferred girl.

Indeed. In fact, and im the last person to make this kind of argument, but hating Sumia because of this reason smacks of sexism something fierce and its nauseating. After careful observation, this seems to be the root of why Sumia is so loathed by Chrom/Avatar fans.

tumblr_inline_mz2b2n1zg91s8aoba.gif

Wow, I think that Chrom/Sumia just became my preferred pairing for both. I liked it before, but now after seeing those YouTube comments, I'm sold.

Lack of Sol from Gaius hurts, but Cynthia will manage.

I'm a rare Chrom/Sully shipper

But I think Chrom has chemistry with all the girls I've done enough runs to try them all and they are all pretty good by my books.

Lack of Sol from Gaius hurts, but Cynthia will manage.

^Gaius is best used elsewhere anyway because *~Galeforce~*

*jazzhands* Noire or Kjelle love having pegknight options.

Im also not huge on the supports between Gaius and Sumia.

Nah, that honor goes to Chrom.

FP3 Grima: Lololol I killed Chrom!

Inigo: ...You killed my father. Prepare to die.

:V Not a bad point there, ser.