Starting RD

Mia is one of the worst sword users in the game. She's weak and doesn't have much defense. Edward and Zihark are both better than her. Lucia is probably the worst though. I don't know about Stefan, as I've never recruited him in RD. xP

This is objectively incorrect. Mia, Edward, and Zihark are in different groups. Zihark and Edward compete but not that much since Edwardovich gets like 5 or 6 chapters before Zihark joins up. Zihark is likely not defecting to the GMs in part 3 because that could be detrimental. (same with Jill) Mia exists in a vacuum for the most part as the only swordmaster in the team she is on. Using her is actually a good idea and she can become a pretty damn good unit. Shes likely going to do more than Zihark anyway and Edward is likely to be doing more than Zihark. Edward gets Caladbolg and thats nice. (plus Wrath/Resolve combo is hilarious and fun)

At the end of the day, Mia contributes a great deal to her team. So..umm..

Except people said that I was 99% right this time.

Yeah not this time.

OP, Im not sure if someone mentioned this yet, but remove Volug's Halfshift skill in part 3. Halfshift gimps his speed and strength a lot and you get enough Olivi Grass anyway to keep his gauge up. That skill cannot be removed until part 3. Also, the main site has good graphs of where to find secret items like Beastfoe. (which you want. Pssst its in chapter 1-4 i think)

Nailah's Glare skill can be used to make Priest Punching Bags in 1-Endgame. Just in case you want to abuse for combat EXP. Equipping a staff will have interesting effects on the next turn. Say like a staff user gets hit, depending on the staff they are using, they heal up on their next turn. (i forget the actual percentage of HP doe...) So when enemy priests who got petrified (which gives them more defense but they cannot move or do anything), they become punching bags. Its a neat trick but requires a lot of turns. Like if you wanna actually try using Fiona. I would not recommend using her on first run through the game though.

Make sure to give Micaiah a Seraph Rope(you get one from a chest in chapter 4) so that she can take a hit or two if she's in the line of fire.

That or just be a little better with Sacrifice. Which is one way to get good combat EXP for both Laura and Micaiah. Miccy uses Sacrifice on someone, Laura heals Miccy. Rinse and repeat.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my basic strategy for giving Micaiah and Laura extra EXP in normal mode. Laura got to level 16 during Part 1 Endgame. Also OP, use Sothe's bronze dagger to weaken enemies for your other units(Leonard, Edward) to kill and gain easier EXP. Don't use the Kard unless necessary.

Edited by AllAroundGamer9

Firstly, I never said Geoffrey was the worst knight (that'd be Makalov or Astrid), nor did I say Mia was the worst Swordmaster (that's probably Lucia).

Second, no duh Mia isn't in the same group as Edward. But you can choose either one of them for Part 4 Endgame.

Firstly, I never said Geoffrey was the worst knight (that'd be Makalov or Astrid), nor did I say Mia was the worst Swordmaster (that's probably Lucia).

You said you want to bring Elincia's party to Endgame, but you singled out Geoffrey by saying he wasn't worth training. You did imply Geoffrey was the worst.

Seriously? The only units that ever reach tier 3 for me are the GMs (most of them), Haar, Geoffrey, and Kieran. And this isn't counting the ones that the game gives you.

EDIT: No, I didn't. You misread my post. I said he isn't bad when you first get him. He's definitely usable in Part 2, but after that, you don't get enough chances to train him. He's better than Makalov or Astrid, but neither of these three are worth it.

And I never meant that Elincia's ENTIRE party should go to Endgame.

Edited by Anacybele

I managed to get Nolan and Edward to Tier 3 without much trouble. Aran and Laura, on the other hand, I wasn't quite able to do, though I did try. Edward and Nolan just managed to get better on that front. I also managed to get Micaiah to 40/20. Sothe as well. There's also Calill and Marcia. And I scarcely used as much BEXP as one might expect. I believe I used it more on the Herons, Ranulf, and Skrimir, with a level or two here and there.

I liked to funnel battles towards people. Oh, and I also got Tauroneo to promote into Marshall as well.

Edited by Dai

I say yes. That counts too, then. And I got Reyson, Skrimir, Janaff, and Ranulf to Tier 3 (With bexp).

Really, this game just requires better resource management, I find. I managed mine fairly shoddily, in my opinion, but I still managed to raise most of my units up well. Granted, easymodo, but still. Manage your resources well, like all FEs, and you'll do fine.

Only one person said that.

And he was wrong.

Pretty sure most people would say that the Greil Mercenaries are better than the Dawn Brigade. Like the Tier List for starters. So yeah, don't really see how I was wrong at all.

Edited by Refa

OP, ignore everything else and just focus on what you said in #21 (A good rule of thumb is to give units a few chapters, and bench the ones that aren't performing well). We can argue all we like, but the fact is your playthrough will have unique occurrences.

Micaiah will always reach a third tier class. Hers is forced. The only dumb thing is that she doesn't get it until late in Part 4. >_>

Yes, but it's always better to get her as high as possible in levels so her third-tier promotion isn't completely gimped. It's a lot more satisfying for a unit to undergo a forced promotion when a unit is maxed out in level (And stats) than it is to see them promote early.

Pretty sure most people would say that the Greil Mercenaries are better than the Dawn Brigade. Like the Tier List for starters. So yeah, don't really see how I was wrong at all.

Uuh... if you're going to bring the tier list into this then you should probably check it. The DB and the GM are all over the place in the list, and a lot of the GM require transfers to actually place decently.

Uuh... if you're going to bring the tier list into this then you should probably check it. The DB and the GM are all over the place in the list, and a lot of the GM require transfers to actually place decently.

Could you perhaps link me to the tier list? (Unless it's actually on the main page of this subforum and I'm just being dumb)

(also only playing on EASY mode)

Yo. I play Easy. I have also played the game a huge amount so i know my way around who's good and who isnt.

That was my basic strategy for giving Micaiah and Laura extra EXP in normal mode. Laura got to level 16 during Part 1 Endgame. Also OP, use Sothe's bronze dagger to weaken enemies for your other units(Leonard, Edward) to kill and gain easier EXP. Don't use the Kard unless necessary.

What i tend to do is basically unequip Sothe on EP so he doesnt murder too much. (what an EXP hog!) So he winds up leveling through thieving and blocking things with his face. But yeah, i dont use Kard even when i allow Sothe to attack. He gets the majority of his EXP in part 3. Leo is kinda bad though....

Seriously? The only units that ever reach tier 3 for me are the GMs (most of them), Haar, Geoffrey, and Kieran. And this isn't counting the ones that the game gives you.

EDIT: No, I didn't. You misread my post. I said he isn't bad when you first get him. He's definitely usable in Part 2, but after that, you don't get enough chances to train him. He's better than Makalov or Astrid, but neither of these three are worth it.

And I never meant that Elincia's ENTIRE party should go to Endgame.

Wait...you have doing something not quite right if you never had a DB reach third tier. I say this as a fellow Easy Mode player. Its actually not difficult to get DBs to third tier before part 4. If you know how to bullshit, you can get one or two at third tier by the end of part 1. The earliest ive gotten a DB at third tier was 3-6. Jill meets Paragon. Hell, my last run had Nolan reach third tier by 3-12. I think you might not be divvying up resources properly if you cant get a DB member to third tier in Easy Mode. If i can get Fiona to third tier by 3-13, DBs can reach it very feasibly.

About Geoffrey, while he isnt great by the time you get him back, (Titania is likely outclassing him) hes still usable. Hes likely third tier before he vanishes anyway. (or at least very close to it) Makalov is fucking amazing with transfers, what.

OP, spend very little money in part 3! For a majority of the later chapters you're low on change and you need all the gold until part 3 chapter 10.

Or just send a bunch of loot to the GMs via Ilyana, Heather, Haar, Neph, or Brom. Ilyana can ferry nice things from part 1. :V

This is true. Soren, for example, is not nearly as good without transfers. Oscar even falls short without them.

About Geoffrey, while he isnt great by the time you get him back, (Titania is likely outclassing him) hes still usable. Hes likely third tier before he vanishes anyway.

Wait, he doesn't start as a Silver Knight? Wow, I forgot all about him getting to third-tier, too. Huh.

Wait, he doesn't start as a Silver Knight? Wow, I forgot all about him getting to third-tier, too. Huh.

No. Hes like level 18 Paladin or some junk to begin with. I think. /shrug

Well, I'm basing my arguments on a run with no transfers since I've never been able to do a run WITH transfers.

You dont have a fixed disk im assuming..

Which means...

you never finished PoR on anything other than Easy mode.

1ypvet.gif

Considering how Normal mode in PoR is actually not much different from Easy Mode...i dont know what to say. |: