Does killing the enemy Peg. Knights bother anyone?

blogger

Where in the game does that occur?

Everywhere. Every generic enemy Pegasus Knight is male. In fact, there are no females on the enemy side aside from recruitable characters like Sheema.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everywhere. Every generic enemy Pegasus Knight is male. In fact, there are no females on the enemy side aside from recruitable characters like Sheema.

They are male only in stats doe. They have female sprites and junk for the most part.

On the topic of green units, is it actually possible to save all the Marado civilians in FE10 1-6-2?

Yeah, it involves a couple of different strategies. Rescue dropping Volug and/or Tauroneo and smashing the boss. Or just having those guys bolt up to the area where those guys are and kill stuff. But the most reliable is the rescue dropping. One of Fiona's guys may get iced, but usually, another one of her cavs will rescue the civilian and bolt. I usually can save all the civilians.

^oh yeah yer right. (but i think HE can rescue Zihark and bolt the fuck over there...)

But yeah more or less just making a bee line to that part of the map.

They are male only in stats doe. They have female sprites and junk for the most part.

Actually no they don't. In FE3 all classes that can dismount can dismount to either Male or Female Knight classes. Only the ones listed in a specific table dismount to F. Knight, and all the others(including every enemy unit)

I never played FE3 so i was not aware of that.

you'd probably not know that even if you had

you'd have to be bored and/or enough of a loser to be bothered to actually hack the game and find that out since there's no indication of it in the game

not that I know anyone like that. >.>

Not really, their just enemy soldiers, sometimes not even human in the case of morphs or risen. I suppose it's not nice, but I've never found a point where I thought "this is morally wrong that I'm killing these faceless, pegasus-flying, random-number generators."

Edited by Knight

Well there's the clerics in Khadein.

Speaking of that chapter, if Ellerean is recruited in the original version, all the enemies will stop attacking and go to the exit. In the remake, the Khadein soldiers will start trying to kill their boss instead with the exception of the clerics, who you're encouraged to keep alive in this version.

you'd probably not know that even if you had

you'd have to be bored and/or enough of a loser to be bothered to actually hack the game and find that out since there's no indication of it in the game

not that I know anyone like that. >.>

I want to see these hacks!
Edited by Emperor Hardin

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the games feature some kind of female boss unit, but the plot usually goes out of its way to make them "evil." This is comically so with Sonia (FE7) and Petrine (FE9).

Or they make them the token Good Person on the Wrong Side and thus absolutely heart-wrenching to kill.

Selena and Brunya, I'm looking at you -_-

why should it? they signed up to join the army or whatever, they know of the risks they face.

if anything it'd be sexist to feel bad about killing a woman more then killing a man.

and more impotently then anything, its a videogame, its not real, why should i deeply care about the faceless enemies that i slaughter in them that are nothing more then bits of data programmed by some japanese dude.

inb4 people focus on the sexist part instead of the videogame part

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

I only feel bad for Peg Knights because they're embarrassingly weak and even the worst units can kill them in one round (especially if they're using Steel Lances, in which case almost anyone can double them). Even in FE6 Ilia and FE4 Silesse, where you might expect them to be at their best, they're still god-awful.

Other than that, they're the same as the other enemy soldiers. In the Elibe games, I feel even less bad, since it's implied that they're all mercenaries that chose to fight my forces.

Top b8 I r8 8/8 gday m8

Honestly, people need to get rid of the thought process that women are sacred for any reason. They outnumber men, nowadays. I think we can spare a few thousand babies, especially with overpopulation rearing its head.

Doesn't bother me.

I mean, how many of those enemy soldiers are female anyways? We know Peggies are girl-only, but how many soldiers, mages, knights, paladins, and the like are also girls? Even if you hate killing women in combat, you've probably killed a lot just by fighting. That said, I don't like having to kill innocents/misguided people, but that includes peggies as well as every other class potentially.

they're soldiers and warriors like any other enemy unit

they should be treated like soldiers and warriors

fight with honor you generic pieces of data

but they're not warriors if you know what i mean

because classes

(IS, get on that shit also make Warrior an actually good class while you're at it)

If anything, killing defenseless healers in FE bothers me.

Speaking of that...
You even get rewarded for not killing them in FE12's Ch10. A Silver Card. See...the series isn't completely heartless.

I feel like you're taking this thread a little too seriously...

That is my thought on the matter.
It is WAR for crying out loud. There are no rules. It's no wonder Nintendo retconned this series for nearly a decade due to this reason.

Also speaking of FE13, fuck NPC units. All of the non recruitable ones can go die in a fire for all I care.

Except for the civilians in Paralogue 3...other than the Physic NPC's. They'll all but helpless. x.x

FE8 is another example where the enemy is generally depicted as some faceless evil, but with individual charismatic (Selena and that guy I forget) enemies portrayed as sympathetic. This is in the same line as Camus, which I mentioned before, and there is usually one sympathetic boss in each game. FE10 is the closest the series has gotten to the reality of war since the player controls both the GMs and the DBs. However, the game even tells you not to worry about the details since the other side comes back to life! This has the effect of devolving the experience to "I can 2-turn this chapter if Jill beats up Ike." Ironically, permanent death would actually have made this more interesting, since you would need to balance turns saved against the value of units lost.

Oh yeah.
I always get bothered by killing Selena when she doesn't deserve this fate whatsoever. Game forces you to do it. I hate it. -.-

I don't like pegasus knights, with a few exceptions, so it's completely fine!

Male pegasus knights from FE3 should be playable, tho, deffo.

I wish that they were. XD

I'm playing a video game, performing actions for the purpose of some objective because I find some entertainment in it.

I'm not impaling a sentient being with a lance

I'm not cleaving people's heads off with an axe.

I'm not slashing people's throats with a sword.

I'm not making Swiss cheese out of people by shooting arrows at them.

When I play pokemon, I'm not enslaving sentient creatures to do my bidding nor am I thinking too hard on the implications of what I'm doing in said video game which is probably a good reason why many of us had no part in making this

That and violence generally doesn't bother anyone when you know it's not real.

Too Long or Couldn't Make Sense of it: Why are you over-thinking this?

What this specifically means is that "It's just a game!"

They let you save her and not Selena.

5kfm.jpg

Ouuuu. >.<

Or they make them the token Good Person on the Wrong Side and thus absolutely heart-wrenching to kill.

Selena and Brunya, I'm looking at you -_-

Having them playable eased things down. Thank god.
Edited by Bimbo

You even get rewarded for not killing them in FE12's Ch10. A Silver Card. See...the series isn't completely heartless.

Actually, they're all female healers, so that brings suspect on the whole thing...

5kfm.jpg

Advance Wars fan?

I kill anything and everything without remorse, unless I need to keep some alive for whatever reason (Some recruitment/items/etc. are obtained by *not* killing certain enemies)

False, I know for a fact that some generic enemies are coded as female (As opposed to a male using a female class like the pegasus knights).

Most are in FE4, I won't list them all, but some notable ones are some of the Freege mages, the dragon knight squad in chapter 8, etc.

Edited by Camus The Dark Knight