How Many People Do You Think Have You On Ignore on SF?

Randoman

Darn. Was my post sufficiently sassy at least?

I dug around in our system settings, looks like Retired Mod could always be ignored. Section Mods being ignorable was an oversight on my part. I originally left them able to be because I wasn't sure how it'd pan out, considering I created the groups as "training/test" mod groups as a result of not being comfortable promoting any member directly to Global at that point.

They've obviously proven useful mod groups by now though, and the people I did put in those groups have all done good jobs, so I went ahead and made them unblockable while I was looking lol.

Edited by Tangerine

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can ignore several forum functions it seems. No doubt someone has me ignored on chat. Some people take me too seriously.

This actually doesn't do a thing, because there's no such thing as a private chat :V

I mean there exists a script with the functionality you're thinking of but it's pretty new and I doubt that many people use it at all.

I think there's a person who has (definitely did at one point) me on ignore using it, maybe.

I don't see them around at all anymore though, so it's hard to be sure.

If you ignore people, how can you remember why you put them on ignore ?

I prefer to do this the old way, and either pass their posts or reading them in a mocking voice.

(But seriously, you have to work really hard to makes me hate you.

Especially when it's a random person on an Internet forum.)

Edited by Edna Telmis

Ignoring users should ignore them in IP chat, are you saying that doesn't work?

There are private chats in IP chat, but only groups with authority (Retired Mod and up) are able to create those private rooms, and they aren't used often.

Edited by Tangerine

There are private chats in IP chat, but only groups with authority (Retired Mod and up) are able to create those private rooms, and they aren't used often.

I was not actually saying that; I was assuming that Raven was talking about the "ignore private chats" option:

jtVfxyC.png

(the second one is non-standard functionality, and works exactly as advertised)

Users who might have Raven on that ignore probably are not the ones with the ability to start private chats with him.

also, for the record, ignoring users does not ignore stuff from them in IP.Chat:

eEZ3qWu.png

ikIuHGJ.png

I don't think Raven was talking about people ignoring his private chats lol, he likely meant the chat in general.

If "Ignore user in chat" works properly and "Ignore user" ignores them on the forum, then nothing is out of the ordinary and I misunderstood what you were saying.

If "Ignore user in chat" works properly and "Ignore user" ignores them on the forum, then nothing is out of the ordinary and I misunderstood what you were saying.

The point is that "ignore user in chat" doesn't work properly - it doesn't even exist. I have a script running in Chrome that examines each incoming message, and if the username is on a list of ignored users, it prevents it from even showing up in the first place.

I don't even use it, so idk why it's still installed, but that's what it is.

"Standard" IP.Chat looks something like

cFDci8W.png

The highly-modified version I see looks more like

DWlJRg8.png

Edited by Euklyd

I used to ignore one person but quickly removed her because I don't like the function and using it felt like a cheesy way of avoiding an issue. That and I'm a quick forgiver.

She later asked me to reignore her to which I did not oblige. She might be ignoring me, idk.

I've heard of this ability, but I've never found it.

Then again, I have a poor history of finding obviously labeled settings.

And I don't go on the chat, and don't see why Retired Mods would have that ability anyways.

Also, apparently I'm not ignoring anyone. So if I don't respond to people's posts, it means I'm actively deciding to ignore them every single post they make.

Edit: Apparently I can't ignore myself.

Edited by Wist

nope

you could just hit "view posts" or something according to this

also obviously at least one person lol

Actually, Adblock apparently prevents viewing the posts whatsoever.

Though yes you can do that without Adblock on.

Edit: Seriously misread the title.

I have no idea. No one has told me if they do.

Edited by Makaze