How Many People Do You Think Have You On Ignore on SF?

Randoman

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watch your back esau

aleph might diddle it

waaah

what are we gonna do on the message board?

pomf =3

If it makes you feel better, I did my signature gunshot gesture that I do for cute puns. Sorry you couldn't actually see it, though.

It's all good I'm the monster in your closet I saw the whole thing

You need better Wi-Fi, by the way

This is not a competition to make awkward threads. Nor should it be. One can be random without making others feel weird.

Likewise, being awkward is NOT something to celebrate.

(for the zero of you wondering why I'm being such a killjoy, this is why)

I kinda think if I were Randoman, I might interpret you as being a bit unnecessarily cryptic about what exactly it is you think he's doing wrong, and about why his "being awkward" might amount to something harmful for somebody else. And maybe a bit drastic, even if it's only a verbal warning.

Randude, some possible parts of an explanation for why this topic hasn't gotten the reception I assume you were hoping for is that sometimes users put each other on ignore lists because of bad history between them, so bringing it up can be poking an ant hill of sorts. You could say it might invite a sort of dispute or accusation that some people would rather keep private, both in their own cases and for others. I'd also assume some people would rather others not openly speculate on whether they have somebody on ignore- like, say, somebody has a user on ignore because they'd just be happier seeing and thinking about that person as little as possible, and bringing it up could be a reminder. (that's even before the issue of whether they might be pressured to actually confront the person they're ignoring in part due ot the topic comes up)

So, to some people this isn't just a "kinda eccentric" sort of "awkward topic," but perhaps moreso "putting it out there might end up causing somebody discomfort" awkward, even though I sorta doubt that's what you were really going for.

I kinda think if I were Randoman, I might interpret you as being a bit unnecessarily cryptic about what exactly it is you think he's doing wrong, and about why his "being awkward" might amount to something harmful for somebody else. And maybe a bit drastic, even if it's only a verbal warning.

Randude, some possible parts of an explanation for why this topic hasn't gotten the reception I assume you were hoping for is that sometimes users put each other on ignore lists because of bad history between them, so bringing it up can be poking an ant hill of sorts. You could say it might invite a sort of dispute or accusation that some people would rather keep private, both in their own cases and for others. I'd also assume some people would rather others not openly speculate on whether they have somebody on ignore- like, say, somebody has a user on ignore because they'd just be happier seeing and thinking about that person as little as possible, and bringing it up could be a reminder. (that's even before the issue of whether they might be pressured to actually confront the person they're ignoring in part due ot the topic comes up)

So, to some people this isn't just a "kinda eccentric" sort of "awkward topic," but perhaps moreso "putting it out there might end up causing somebody discomfort" awkward, even though I sorta doubt that's what you were really going for.

This is when I realized you guys are taking this topic too seriously.

This is when I realized you guys are taking this topic too seriously.

Do people here give a crap about how others view them? Yes? Then it's something that should be taken seriously. I'd suggest you do the same, because the mods are the ones that are sometimes called in to clean up the fallout. It's also a way of telling others that you do care about how they feel (this is a Good Thing).

That was the initial reason for the dislike of the topic (see: the rules against minimodding, which is there to keep things from looking like a preschool playground).

The second part was what triggered my "warning". See, I've dealt with awkward people before (IRL and elsewhere). I don't feel good when someone is shoving their foot into their mouth. I think I make it pretty clear that I don't like this (especially IRL). If I'm told by the other person "oh, I'm doing this intentionally, despite the fact that you look uncomfortable about it", it sounds like this person either doesn't care about how they make others feel, is completely and utterly unaware of it, or is being selfish. I can forgive being unaware, once. I'm less merciful with the other two, because it's a conscious decision to make someone else feel uncomfortable.

Hope this helps.

(fun fact: My spell check doesn't flag "trigged")

Well, i'd say that there probably is one that i know ignores me, but for some reason, he/she(not telling gender) decides to not ignore me, and then go back to ignoring whenver i may do something that he/she doesnt appreciate

Oh, and, while it does make me a tad sad that someone would decide to ignore me, it doesnt really offend me

Do people here give a crap about how others view them? Yes? Then it's something that should be taken seriously. I'd suggest you do the same, because the mods are the ones that are sometimes called in to clean up the fallout. It's also a way of telling others that you do care about how they feel (this is a Good Thing).

I'm failing to see the correlation about how others view someone and taking a topic about ignoring other users too seriously? This is an intentionally silly topic.

I'm failing to see the correlation about how others view someone and taking a topic about ignoring other users too seriously? This is an intentionally silly topic.

Sure as hell didn't look "intentionally silly" from my spot over here.

Hmmm... Everyone who saw me on chat more than once

You overestimate yourself.

I don't even remember anything you did, man.