Why is Eirika Hated?

I've noticed that Eirika gets a lot of hate from some people, and I really wonder if it's a popular opinion or just a vocal minority. Also, just not getting why she's hated in the first place.

What this is surprising to me I've never heard of any hate towards her only love <3 what's not to like about her?

The only thing maybe is that the game obviously wants you to like her but I don't see the problem with that, they want you to like Lucina too.

It's probably a vocal minority. She isn't among the most well-liked of FE characters, but she isn't that much hated either.

People complain about how naive she is, but there are other naive characters in FE that are getting free rides.

Edited by BLS

Story reasons:

>Gives Novala her bracelet (over a hostage situation, without even knowing its importance, thanks a lot Seth)

>Has to be saved by Ephraim twice in the game

>Twincest subtext

>Handing over the Sacred Stone because Fomortiis used Lyon's voice

>Considered using the new Fire Emblem to undo the war (mostly Mark_Asphodel's problem)

Surface reason would probably fall under "She doesn't punch things to death to solve her problems like Ephraim and Ike" like with Marth and Sigurd, and hardcore reasoning would probably be along the lines of "Sexist portrayal of a woman" and "Celica clone".

Eirika's great. My favorite female lord in the series by far.

oh shit really?

she is still squishy though

Her STR growth doesn't matter to monsters after she promotes, because she decimates them all with Sieglinde, which also gives her a STR bonus, too!

But yeah, her durability sucks. At least swords are light, for the most part.

Shit STR growth

40% STR is respectable, but shit STR base and shit Iron MT still drag her down. I'd complain about her defense too if she weren't noticeably less cardboard than Lyn.

But guys, Friendship is Magic, don't you know! I'm sure if she asked Lyon reeeeeeeeeeeeally nicely, that he'd have handed back the Sacred Stone!

and then they would ahve done a fusion dance and became the true Emblem

Requesting Camtech to make a oneshot FE8 AU with Mechas.

[11:41:03 AM] Eliesara: to create the one true emblem

[11:41:10 AM] Eliesara: after collecting all 151 units

[11:41:17 AM] Eliesara: to get the secret ending where Eirika takes off her helmet

[11:41:23 AM] Eliesara: and reveals to the world that she's a man

[11:41:31 AM] Cam: haha

[11:42:05 AM] Eliesara: and then stabs Seth with her rapier from behind, forcing him to drop his materia

[11:42:23 AM] Eliesara: yea

[11:42:25 AM] Eliesara: no one likes Eirika

[11:42:28 AM] Eliesara: he kills Seth

[11:42:43 AM] Cam: 10/10

[11:43:06 AM] Eliesara: should give to Lumi, she'd write an amazing fanfic about it

[11:43:09 AM] Eliesara: or draw great fanart

[11:43:33 AM] Eliesara: of male!Eirika fused with Ephraim, stabbing seth while he's praying over a pool

[11:48:20 AM] Cam: haha

Edited by CT075

Never heard of Eirika dislike.

I personally like her more then Ephraim who is characterized as a master tactician who can never lose

People hate her because she's a Lyn expy.

Ingame, however, she's way, WAY better than Lyn due to better availability, x3 effective weaponry instead of x2, and a superior and more available ultimate weapon that OHKOs everything.

I personally find her more useful than FE9!Ike, because unlike him, she only needs a Str proc' on her first level-up to start ORKO'ing.

• 1 month later...