Hyrule Warriors

kingddd

I noticed Lana on the boxart since the E3 2014 site launched. She's been there since forever and I don't think it was until she was revealed formally that people noticed her there.

Speaking about Lana, I have a bit of a speculation about her:

Lana's appearance in Hyrule Warriors was done to promote and advertise the upcoming Wii U Zelda title in a similar sense to Roy advertising Binding Blade in Smash Bros. Melee. She will have some role in the Wii U Zelda title, maybe as a plot character. (She's referred to as a new, original character in the direct, but what about later installments to the main series?)

Edited by Kiseki

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Lana will ever be main series. Same goes for Cia and her lackies. They're just OCs for the story framework.

Also I do hate the tactic of splitting up costume packs as per order bonuses from different retailers. SMT4 did the same thing, though the costume wasn't as substantial. Hopefully the costumes you don't get will be purchaseable since U hate preordering through Amazon and Best Buy.

Preorder bonuses in general should be considered a negative thing, as they are only there for incentive to pick up the game for full price as quickly as possible, considering people are probably going to pick this up and then not like it (for whatever reason).

costumes aren't worth it in the end

I'm not sure why this game is advertising Lana so much. I've seen nothing that suggests that she is anything but a mere redesign of Kunoichi. (Or alternatively whatever Dynasty Warriors character Kunoichi is based on.) Showing her just makes me yawn and wishing that they would either focus on the Zelda cast or just go full crossover with the Warriors series.

Edited by BrightBow

Come to think about it, I did think Lana was someone from Dynasty Warriors when I first saw her. At the time I was thinking "This is a crossover with Dynasty Warriors, so it wouldn't be odd for characters from that series to appear..." Except I'm pretty sure it's been said that only Zelda characters will appear.

Then again, characters like Ganondorf recieved redesigns that do look like characters from Dynasty Warriors, but maybe it's just me.

Edited by Kiseki

So there's a female Link in this game? Or is that just a girl that looks like him, but has a different name? Because that's most assuredly a girl in the second scan. o.O

i can't read kanji entirely but there's definitely the kanji for woman next to them and the names there are Rana and Shia

i haven't been paying attention too much but isn't rana the blue hair lady?

i think they're just alt costumes

Edited by I have opinions

I decided to search up about this. The text on the left of the images contain Lana and Cia's titles (the White/Black Witch Lana/Cia thing), indicating that they are them, unless the text mentions them while referring something else.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I'd say sister. Link looks a tad young to be a dad, especially to a girl that age. xP

Unless Hyrule Warriors pulls an Awakening, of course.

I misread. It says Link no onnanoko aka "female Link".

The scan is blurry but that Link-like girl is named "Linkuru" and is a female gender swap of Link. I reread it a little better.

Is it a little sad that Hyrule Warriors is the first Zelda game to feature gender choice for the protagonist?

Awesome either way, though.

You know, the final battle and other info about the endgame has leaked onto the internet.

Not going to say anything, not going to link to it, but I thought it best to warn those who want to go in spoiler free.

Disappointed?

edit: by the ending, I mean, not the fact of the leak.

Edited by Quintessence