Training Vika, is it worth it?

Normal mode, 4-4 is the chapter ahead of me. I'd like to train Vika with Paragon and BEXP because I like powerlevelling units in this game, it's very satisfying and somehow relaxing. The thing is, while it sorta had a point with Fiona, Vika is nothing special and is trampled by Naesala and his formshift. Is there any reason to train her? I have a whole game worth of Olivi Grass and stuff after all. Also how do the endgame enemies' stats compare to her untrasformed stats? I mean, is she going to get nuked by everyone as soon she reverts? I really don't know what to think about the Raven tribe.

Also, suggested skills? With a satori sign how many SP has she left?

I wouldn't think so. Her availability is far too low, and her stats are low enough that they'll amost always be shadowed by Naesala, and he has Formshift anyway. Speaking of Formshift, he comes equpped with more skills than her.

Honestly, the ONLY reason I can think of is that she's kinda cute.

Edited by Draco

It's not about the availability since I'll make her get to level 30 or so in 4-4 itself and then BEXP the rest. Still if Naesala just is so much better I guess there is no point... Dammit I was sure she had at least an earth alignment but I was wrong.

I'd say you can get her through, assuming you have enough BEXP to get her to lvl 30 and give her the Satori Sign. And that's about it...give her Adept and with Tear, she's just good to go. She'll pretty much garantee a 1RKO on every single enemy, regardless of her Str and Strike Rank (because that's show broken matery skills are).

So yeah, I'd say she's worth it, if you want to use her and don't mind the investment (which, probably isn't that much, considering how much BEXP NM throws at you).

No, she has a Wind affinity.

That doesn't matter very much, at this point of the game. Everyone's likely very good and they have their leader's authority stars to further improve any Avo problems they may have. And Vika? With that ridiculous Spd/Luck...yeah.

Edited by Soul

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Integrity, August 14, 2014 - i think these three are all unrelated so let's try mass hide!
Hidden by Integrity, August 14, 2014 - i think these three are all unrelated so let's try mass hide!

EDIT: Sorry, I don't know how I posted in the wrong thread :I

Edited by Draco
Posted · Hidden by Integrity, August 14, 2014 - i think these three are all unrelated so let's try mass hide!
Hidden by Integrity, August 14, 2014 - i think these three are all unrelated so let's try mass hide!

Is a STALKER.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Integrity, August 14, 2014 - i think these three are all unrelated so let's try mass hide!

EDIT: Sorry. I posted in the wrong thread.

Edited by Draco

I'd like to train Vika with Paragon and BEXP because I like powerlevelling units in this game,

Then do, sure there are characters far better than her, but if you want to use her you should, you're given enough characters to carry you through end game if she doesn't work out like you were hoping.

To be honest no, she's not worth it specially in an LTC/efficient context. Vika is a unit that you do not have to invest many resources but her contributions are pretty insignificant or comparable with a huge part of the cast.

On one hand she is pretty manageable (as every unit in this game) because you can assign her Paragon and make her chip a general to get tons of exp and get her to insta Tear with a Satori Sign; due to her growths she's likely to cap Mag, Skl, Sp, Lck and Res, leaving Str and Def for BEXP level ups. But on the other hand it's pretty insignificant her role by Endgame, just an extra character that does pretty much the same as any other unit under similar conditions. Sure, she'll be awesome by Endgame with that huge Avoid and wrecking things with Adept+Tear under the effects of Laguz Gem, but it's pretty meh after been abscent for a big part of the game. Her contributions are minimum at 1-8 and 1-E (it's no big deal not having her) and during Part 4 she's like a "reinforcement" with no unique use. But hey, she's fun to use.

Never have trained Vika yet, because she is totally underleveled when she comes back in 4-4. She's pretty weak and has low Laguz strike. However I've heard that her growths are pretty good for being a Laguz. Seriously unless on easy mode I don't recommend to train her.

4-4 is a terrible chapter to train underleveled units. Masses of powerful reinforcements from everywhere, who hit hard.

Two hits will kill her and the enemies have a high crit rate against her.

Muarim is the only one, who is trainable thanks to his high defense and decent speed.

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

She's technically the best non-Royal Laguz in the game at max level, rivaled by Volug I guess, but the thing is, that isn't an accomplishment >_>.

However, I like her, so I'm fine with sacrificing Formshift for someone like Vika, so I'd use her. She ends up with nice stats.

I'd say you can get her through, assuming you have enough BEXP to get her to lvl 30 and give her the Satori Sign. And that's about it...give her Adept and with Tear, she's just good to go. She'll pretty much garantee a 1RKO on every single enemy, regardless of her Str and Strike Rank (because that's show broken matery skills are).

So yeah, I'd say she's worth it, if you want to use her and don't mind the investment (which, probably isn't that much, considering how much BEXP NM throws at you).

That doesn't matter very much, at this point of the game. Everyone's likely very good and they have their leader's authority stars to further improve any Avo problems they may have. And Vika? With that ridiculous Spd/Luck...yeah.

Personally, though, that strength's a pretty big turnoff, as is the fact that you pretty much have to spend an eternity having her love tap enemies just so her strike level can go up. Also, you're implying that fishing for skill activations is a sane idea (hint: it ain't much different from fishing for crits, which is a subpar strategy in this game). Personally, at a point where my team is already set, someone who has trouble doing much of anything without skill activations is just a waste of a unit slot.

Never have trained Vika yet, because she is totally underleveled when she comes back in 4-4. She's pretty weak and has low Laguz strike. However I've heard that her growths are pretty good for being a Laguz. Seriously unless on easy mode I don't recommend to train her.

4-4 is a terrible chapter to train underleveled units. Masses of powerful reinforcements from everywhere, who hit hard.

Two hits will kill her and the enemies have a high crit rate against her.

Muarim is the only one, who is trainable thanks to his high defense and decent speed.

To be honest, sending Vika against Swordmasters, Halberdiers and Snipers is not an option, because she's pretty crappy even with good levels from Part 1. Having her chip generals with Paragon is the best way to train her, raise her Strike rank faster and level her quickly. Muarim in this case is not also really awesome, he's doubled by SMs and far more susceptible to crts, there are Halberdiers with the risk of crting him, there are sages and the Sleep Bishop. Muarim's situation is riskier because he's exposed at enemies, trying to reach the frontline, whereas Vika is limited to just be trained. Their situations are different, and considering Vika's place, she's in a much safer position than Muarim.

Vika when trained, is almost Naesala with teats. The problem is, Naesala always has better str.

Is she worth it? Only for the funzies. I did it once and it was kinda wiggy but really, i wouldnt say really worth the trouble. Theres a lot of getting her strike level up and stuff.

Vika is better at altering the AI: the 1-8 draco

Which Tormod can do, but with the added plus of getting him out of my hair by killing him

Personally, though, that strength's a pretty big turnoff, as is the fact that you pretty much have to spend an eternity having her love tap enemies just so her strike level can go up. Also, you're implying that fishing for skill activations is a sane idea (hint: it ain't much different from fishing for crits, which is a subpar strategy in this game). Personally, at a point where my team is already set, someone who has trouble doing much of anything without skill activations is just a waste of a unit slot.

It's not the same thing at all. Masteries tend to be a sure 1HKO, especially, Laguz Mastery Skills.

And having a "set team" by then is, pretty much, a granted. This doesn't mean the OP won't make an exception for Vika if she has potential to just be a part of the team without much of a drawback.

Im pretty sure Vika tinks Generals...the best way to train her would probably be to corner a sniper.

Tear breaks the game.

It's not the same thing at all. Masteries tend to be a sure 1HKO, especially, Laguz Mastery Skills.

And having a "set team" by then is, pretty much, a granted. This doesn't mean the OP won't make an exception for Vika if she has potential to just be a part of the team without much of a drawback.

Perhaps, but that doesn't refute my point. And how can Vika be part of the team "without much of a drawback" when integrating her into the team in the first place means having to kick someone else that he likely was using out???

Vika can be part of a built team, though, without the need of taking the spot of anybody else.

Well, excuuuuse me for thinking in terms of opportunity cost. All I'm saying is that odds are, if Vika's on an endgame team, she's going to be the weakest link.