Least Favorite Classes

Oh, I thought only the Lord and Great Lord classes could use the Falchion. o.O

No, however, they are the only classes that can use Rapiers and Great Rapiers (I think that's the name).

Least favorite class for me is general. I just can't deal with units that slow. I don't care for great knights, dark knights, or griffon riders, either. Great knights are too slow, if I want a mounted unit I'd rather have a paladin. I'd rather have a full-on magic-user, grandmaster, or dread fighter, than a dark knight. Also, wyvern lords > griffon riders.

Edited by Crooks

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, however, they are the only classes that can use Rapiers and Great Rapiers (I think that's the name).

Least favorite class for me is general. I just can't deal with units that slow. I don't care for great knights, dark knights, or griffon riders, either. Great knights are too slow, if I want a mounted unit I'd rather have a paladin. I'd rather have a full-on magic-user, grandmaster, or dread fighter, than a dark knight. Also, wyvern lords > griffon riders.

The Lodestar class (Einherjar Marth only) can also use the Rapier and Noble Rapier.

Isn't Dual Strike+ from the Lord class though, which only Chrom and Lucina have?

If you were talking to me, Sniper doesn't have the skill DS+, but DS rate is also boosted by the unit's Skl, and that's what Snipers do have. Sniper has 48 Skl and gives +8 Skl, so a support Sniper boosts the lead's DS rate by the highest amount in the game.

Lethality is just too unreliable for any situation in which you don't want to be resetting repeatedly.

3. Trickster: They got bored with rogues and decided to make a new class. Failing. They are supposed to be the ultimate thieves, but everything with locktouch can do their job much better

2. Griffon rider: A weaker wyvern lord, whithout any special perks and locked to axe. Why?

1.Taguel. Laguz were mostly weak, but at least they had an unique mechanic. These guys are just weaker manaketes, locked to 1 range and also completely unthreatening

There's not many classes I hate in this game, except for Bow Knight: I really hate the Sword/Bow combination on a unit, and the name irks me, unlike the Assassin: I think I'd like it more if its name was Ranger.

Being a Great Lord has no bearing on whether or not one can weild Falchion. That's by character, only Chrom, Lucina, and the various Marths can weild it, in any class that uses swords.

Speaking of this, I was massively disappointed that, after watching Lucina and Cynthia's (as sisters) A-Support in my first playthrough, Cynthia couldn't actually wield Falchion in battle. That was a rather cruel convo because it shattered my dreams of Cynthia using Falchion to halt evildoers.

• Knights: Look just ugly in this game and I don't like slow classes in general.

Falcon Knights: Falcon Knights, who can't use swords anymore aren't anymore Falcon Knights to me! This class is absolutely ruined. No more weapon advantage against axes. It's really a shame, because it's my favourite class besides the wyvern lords.

Knight and General. Ultimate bias against the Armors and their low Movement and overall non-doubling potential. In any game... except maybe Shadow Dragon. At least I don't have to have Wolf or Sedgar stay as Knights or Generals from the beginning to the end. I only get into these classes for the Skills and that's it.

Besides, if I need a pretty decent defender, I'll use one of my favorite classes, the Wyvern Lord, to do that.

I don't exactly dislike other classes as badly, but classes like Bow Knight, Assassin, the Staff-only classes are harder to train when not willing/not able to spare Levin Swords and Rescue staves because you're at that early part of the game or just have been unlucky in getting them. Again, don't really dislike them but a nuisance to train overall.

--Oh wait, I forgot about Villager. I'll throw in Villager to the Least Favorite. Just because.

Villager does technically suck, but I just finished a game in which I stuck with Donnel all the way to level 30 before changing him into a Warrior (OT, but why the hell did none of Donny's reclass options use lances? Seriously?) and he ended up being pretty fantastic. Sure, he was no Ross, but I could throw him at literally anything and he'd have it dead by the second swing of just his steel axe.

Edited by Zango

Gosh... this thread has gotten so big.

I just started another playthough (on hard mode because I HATE Chapter 2 of Lunatic/+), and because I wanted my Avatar to marry Lucina, I temporarily paired him up with Virion. I take it back archers... I take it all back. Longbows are awesome. Unless the opponent is also wielding a longbow, they cannot be countered. That, and they can be forged with a solid hit rate, unlike Mire...

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

Valkyrie since its nothing more than a mounted Sage with higher Res and and lower stat caps. Also Swordmaster (not gameplay wise but design wise) since when I first saw the sprite for swordmasters, I assumed that they would be able to equip 2 swords...

Trickster gets pretty useless when you have a Falcoknight or a Valkyrie with Picklock.

But just how many non-child characters get that??

I don't get why people think Paladins are better than Great Knights. Paladins may have better speed and res, but Great Knights have better weapon coverage, skills, strength, and defense. They're basically armor knights without their painful weaknesses (the shitty movement and speed). Besides, many possible Great Knights also have access to Aegis and Res +10.

I also don't get why people say Bow Knight is worse than Sniper if they say Taguel is bad because of a lack of 1-2 range. Snipers lack close up range whereas Bow Knights get swords AND better movement.

Personally, I see Great Knights as like Rock types in Pokémon - solid defense on the surface, but their defense fails to impress if you take a closer look. Low speed doesn't help their case, at that...

Back to the topic...

Berserkers just look awful here relative to literally every other appearance they had. Not having skills I give a damn about doesn't help. Snipers... Gee, I wonder. Also, they're aesthetically bad looking, and imo, 3 range doesn't have enough of a niche to make up for the one-two punch of this and bow-lock. Great Knights just don't have much of anything going for them besides having Luna. Taguels are worst class in the game material, discounting Villager for obvious reasons - weak weapons and range lock is a death knell. To add insult to injury, Beastbane doesn't really help their case much, AND the Beaststone+ isn't available until after the single most horse-heavy chapter in the game. Now THAT'S a recipe for a terrible class. Wyvern Lords are practically killed by their low speed cap and Swordbreaker being unimpressive relative to literally every other breaker skill.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Clerics. Because troubadours exist. And they can't attack. Also tricksters didn't need to exist. But I liked the concept. Their flaw is that they needed lances or bows that they didn't get...

I don't get the hate behind bow knights. I made Cordelia one, gave her a bronze bow and she killed everything.

But with that said, every class has a reason for existing, whether we like it or not. But hey, maids stop time and little girls read minds, so I'm not going to complain anymore. For now.

Also tricksters didn't need to exist. But I liked the concept. Their flaw is that they needed lances or bows that they didn't get...

The thing with the tricksters is that there is really nothing that usefull to get out of the class, this would have been a great moment to have lockpicks brought back because that would have made tricksters a more viable class, not as a fighting class, but a utility class, like the rogues in sacred stones, they may not be as good fighters as the assassins, but they make a better utility class with the pick skill, the same could have been done in awakening... altough class change would have nullified that option too.

The thing that anoys me the most though is that you can't get that awesome hat.

Pretty sure if you reclassed Avatar to Trickster, you would (since Avatar looks like all of the generic classes, at least for the map sprites).

Taguel for reasons stated previously. There's a reason Panne's Warren got wiped out... I'd say its the worst laguz type actually. Panne and Yarn are still cool characters though. :)

A close second would be the hybrid Strength/Mag classes. I've just never been a big fan.

Clerics, Dancers and any support class, really. I like them in other games, but they just suck in this one: Pair Up drains all the usefulness out of them.

Pair up makes dancers not useful? Are you high?

Tricksters - I don't know why but I find them to be the most boring class ever.

General - Oh my goooodd I know you are slow because of your armor but I kind of want you to get a move on!

Griffon Rider - They're pretty weak... That is all.

Wow my reasons sounds terrible.

Pair up makes dancers not useful? Are you high?

Because of pair up, you have less units to shield your dancer with, and, in easy/hard mode, if she's paired up with someone, you'll probably want to attack instead of dance most of the time. In other difficulties or the postgame I can see them being useful, though.

def sorcs. i'd like them more if they didn't look terribad.

wish Griffon Rider, Swordmaster and Bow Knight get better stats tho, they're severely underwhelming atm. Especially the Griffon Rider; i'd prefer it to be the flying version of Hero.

Tricksters suffer from poor execution so i can't really say much about them.