...Sabo Con just made me feel really sorry for FE:A's playerbase

Airship Canon

...I did not expect a Streetpass team to be an outright menace.

...Let alone a menace that manages to wipe 16 players, including 1 player who was literally running full power (Limit, Rallies, full pairs) [Victory for my team/his game over was triggered by MU death when his Sorc MU attempted to tank a General...]

Especially since the Streetpass team in question has absolutely no Range 2 capability and all Streetpass teams can be kited.

FYI: Team:

x10 +STR/-DEF Male MU [+Boots]

Limit Breaker, Aggressor, Counter, Luna, Ignis

x3 Hero

Equip: Brave Sword [+3/25/0], Brave Axe [+3/25/0]

x3 Warrior

Equip: Brave Axe [+3/25/0]

x2 General

Equip: Brave Lance [+3/25/0], Brave Axe [+3/25/0]

x2 Wyvern Lord

Equip: Brave Lance [+3/25/0], Brave Axe [+3/25/0]

...I suppose it could be said that one must never underestimate human stupidity, but... COME ON.

Yes, the build was designed to be a threat without Lethality, perhaps a threat that is GREATER than Lethality [it is, by far-- do the Math. Lethality gets kited just as hard, but is much lower a threat when you don't, since it's entirely banked on a rare proc, where as this is banked on... damage (Via Procs and Counter).]... but it's still a streetpass team.

[This has nothing to do with the one girl who got way too over confident and got some Orange Crush serious stat differences against her.]

If you want to see stupidity of the FE13 playerbase, just take a look at Miiverse's Fire Emblem Awakening community. There are many players in there who think they're outright OP by having a rating of 200+ -- 553 rating to them looks ridiculous -- and by having the Lethality skill. There are also many players who are too lazy to look online for a guide for stuff like item locations. And of course, there are players who get REALLY sore when it comes to spoilers when there are a crapton of posts regarding Lucina or a Spotpass paralogue character... not to mention the fact that the game is more than 2 YEARS old at this point.

So you made this topic to brag?

No.

This topic exists because...

...GEEZ.

FRODOS.

...Why!?

I'm complaining, not bragging. Like I said, it's a streetpass team. You shouldn't be losing to it outright.

The only "brag" would be in the form of "Oh hey, it KILLS AVERSAS", but anyone who's played L+ already knows you can't expect to successfully Nosfertank against Counter.

If you want to see stupidity of the FE13 playerbase, just take a look at Miiverse's Fire Emblem Awakening community. There are many players in there who think they're outright OP by having a rating of 200+ -- 553 rating to them looks ridiculous -- and by having the Lethality skill. There are also many players who are too lazy to look online for a guide for stuff like item locations. And of course, there are players who get REALLY sore when it comes to spoilers when there are a crapton of posts regarding Lucina or a Spotpass paralogue character... not to mention the fact that the game is more than 2 YEARS old at this point.

...Then there's the ones that are like "Rate my Avatar"

...Ok, I see this wrong, this wrong, this wrong, you can do better here...

"STOP SAYING I SUCK!!!" *Ignore*

(Ahem, you asked for a rating. I gave you a 2 and listed areas where you can improve. Yes, some of that is "REROLL" but that's the nature of the game.)

...Then there's the ones that are like "Rate my Avatar"

...Ok, I see this wrong, this wrong, this wrong, you can do better here...

"STOP SAYING I SUCK!!!" *Ignore*

(Ahem, you asked for a rating. I gave you a 2 and listed areas where you can improve. Yes, some of that is "REROLL" but that's the nature of the game.)

I remember how it was last winter when the Miiverse community was relatively new. Some players just can't handle constructive criticism and consider it "bullying."

Edited by Roflolxp54

Why are you complaining about player skills?

So what if they brag and actually suck? You shouldn't care.

It's a single player game.

Start taking it seriously when it's a fighting game.

Because it's just a game, people have to take it seriously in whatever aspect they can.

This topic has no point other than complaining at something that is completely trivial.

...I suppose it could be said that one must never underestimate human stupidity, but... COME ON.

I honestly hope that you're not so invested in "correcting" other people's skills about FE13 gameplay that you have to phrase it like that? Edited by shadowofchaos

It's a single player game.

Start taking it seriously when it's a fighting game.

This.

The StreetPass team feature is at best, an absolute joke.

'Competitive' Awakening is not something remotely existent and worth considering.

Edited by Siuloir

This.

The StreetPass team feature is at best, an absolute joke.

'Competitive' Awakening is not something remotely existent and worth considering.

It's a joke only because...

It's never reasonable to lose to any team. Ever.

The game piles advantages onto the player that the AI cannot access or does not use correctly.

It's incredibly onesided. Losing to a Streetpass outright is a disgrace. You've got kiting, you've got killing options.You've got Pair Up. You can use Rallies [correctly] and Tonics.

If the player has something of a brain, they shouldn't ever lose-- if you're massively outstatted because it's an LB team and you're on C16, you don't fight it. Simple.

How to beat that team there? Well, look it's got a bunch of attack, it has procs, it has counter. Stay out of range, you can't tank it safely-- you can kill on PP always anyways. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

...Yet, that's the problem.

People were losing to it. Not dismissing it because they couldn't handle it. They were attempting. ...and failing.

...I tagged this "Making LFRers look smart" for a reason. >_>'

Edited by Airship Canon

It's a joke only because...

It's never reasonable to lose to any team. Ever.

The game piles advantages onto the player that the AI cannot access or does not use correctly.

It's incredibly onesided. Losing to a Streetpass outright is a disgrace. You've got kiting, you've got killing options.You've got Pair Up. You can use Rallies [correctly] and Tonics.

If the player has something of a brain, they shouldn't ever lose-- if you're massively outstatted because it's an LB team and you're on C16, you don't fight it. Simple.

How to beat that team there? Well, look it's got a bunch of attack, it has procs, it has counter. Stay out of range, you can't tank it safely-- you can kill on PP always anyways. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

...Yet, that's the problem.

People were losing to it. Not dismissing it because they couldn't handle it. They were attempting. ...and failing.

...I tagged this "Making LFRers look smart" for a reason. >_>'

tumblr_m129zedb6S1r5v7j9.gif

So you are literally so outraged that there are people in the world who couldnt beat a Streetpass team, to the point of misspelling "kidding"? Seriously dude? So what if other people arent "as good" at the game as you are. *stifles a chortle* Just chalk it up and move on. There are people who do not obsess over this game like you do. Deal with it.

Honestly, saying "disgrace" about streetpass and a single player game gives the impression that they must meet your standards, oh honorable one.

That, my friends, is what we call elitism.

You are putting down people because they suck.

Good grief man. Again, it's a single player game. What are you getting for criticizing them?

If they ask for criticism and they act hostile, that's on them.

But for you to just rant out in a public FE forum expecting to react the same way you are? You're the disgrace and pretty much illustrates the lack of tolerance in this fandom.

I can kind of get your argument (about how the player has an advantage over the Streetpass team all of the time), but at the same time I don't get what you're trying to prove?

...i'm sorry that the rest of the people who play this game aren't as good as you are?

You better be sorry. I expect a full apology letter on my desk tomorrow.

What's with all the hate? I mean sure it's not really a competitive game but I still respect AC for being on the forefront for developing strategies for this game that everyone could learn from and creating a less casual atmosphere for those who play games to compete. I mean, FE isn't really that competitive right now sadly, but if it were this thread would be well received. Let the man boast I learn from him all the time.

What's with all the hate? I mean sure it's not really a competitive game but I still respect AC for being on the forefront for developing strategies for this game that everyone could learn from and creating a less casual atmosphere for those who play games to compete. I mean, FE isn't really that competitive right now sadly, but if it were this thread would be well received. Let the man boast I learn from him all the time.

Having respect for someone's achievements and respecting their actions otherwise are two completely different things. I can respect Justin Bieber's achievements, him being the boy who went from singing on youtube to being one of the most paid musicians of 2013. I think he has talent even if I don't like his music, he would have to in someone's eyes to get that far. That said I don't respect him at all outside of that, I think he's an awful person. I'm not comparing Airship Canon to Bieber, I'm just pointing out why I dislike that kind of logic.

I haven't been around in this community very long but AC seems like an alright guy. He's generally very helpful and informative with respects to the mechanical aspect of the game, and seems relatively pleasant to be around. I definitely understand his point about StreetPass teams, on an even playing field the player SHOULDN'T lose just because of how much of an advantage the player has over the AI. That said I also kinda get why people would think it sounds like he's gloating a little/being elitist. StreetPass is pretty much a novelty at best, and nothing to really judge anyone based on their ability to handle what you're throwing at them in it. It is a single player game after all, and people are free to enjoy it regardless of how seriously they take it. I don't really have an opinion on the matter myself outside of that.

Edited by Diabeasty

while we're at it i might as well state that noone can beat my streetpass team because i disabled that feature a year ago!

Whoa whoa whoa! Back up! We got ourselves a real bamf over here!

Im lucky if i get a streetpass hit.

Yes I have learned a lot of stuff from the guy.

He deserves respect for his contributions.

The problem is he also has a reputation here which pretty much kills the respect for those contributions.

A very bad one. Especially for his intolerance on other subjects including attacking an innocent person on Miiverse for a freaking ship.

Whatever achievements he has, does not excuse his behavior and the "example" he shows. Especially implicitly or explicitly looking down on others via this thread.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Adding to what the others have responded about achievements not excusing behavior (Which I completely agree with), I'd like to add something else:

I mean, FE isn't really that competitive right now sadly, but if it were this thread would be well received.

FE could be the most competitive game in the entire world, and I would still not consider it a good move on the fandom's side to ridicule the efforts of less skilled players who are just playing for fun. If what you're saying turned out to be true people would basically be replying to this thread with posts that have meaning equal to:

"Right on! You hit the nail on the head! How could anyone suck so badly!?"

Constructive criticism for a less good player's play is fine, but I feel that the line has to be drawn when it is turned into saying you can't believe how bad someone is. For any game the people playing them having varying skill levels, and that is totally fine.