Qprogue Mafia - Game Over

Prims

#interactionsbeforeaflip

Rapier's Shin vote ED1 was essentially just a prodvote and then later he characterized his weak votes as just "Shin being Shin" and unvotes him for a kind of weak reason IMO.

Also in hindsight him defending Elie and then pushing him right after feels weird.

Also I was actually wrong as I guess Shin did say he wouldn't miss Rapier but dunno the stance still feels very waffly considering he's still defending Rapier

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 2.1 - Votals

Rapier (4) - Bluedoom, Xinnidy, eclipse, kirsche

Bluedoom (2) - MancerNecro, Burakkuhoku

BBM (1) - SB.

SB. (1) - Shin, Belisarius

Shin (1) - BBM

Class Selection

Fighter (7) - Bluedoom, Burakkuhoku, Smug Brit, MancerNecro, Xinnidy, Shin, Belisarius (HAMMER!)

Archer (1) - kirsche

Assassin (1) - eclipse

Knight (1) - Refa

Indecisive (2): BBM, Rapier

Fighter has been locked as town's second class for the next two phases! The day has been extended, and all class votes have been reset.

You have 71 hours left in the day. With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

SB replaces Via, effective immediately.

Edited by Prims

You know, it was great to come back to the thread and see we're on D2, with 6 brand new pages awaiting for me.

##Select: Fire

Now then, ##Vote: Rapier

Opening from where I last stopped. Gonna read Rapier again to see if there are any inconsistencies that I missed.

I don't like the way you phrased it, as it sounds as if you are not sure of the vote, yet you're doing it before "checking for any inconsistencies".

From what I read, your case on me amounts to this: That I was wrong for seeing scum intent on Eli's deliberated lack of contribution (that is, until 15 minutes before the end) because Town also does that, and that I hadn't sufficient reasons for finding Eli scummy, since I did not address his early content.

You're right for saying that Eli's refusal of contribution alone does not automatically make him scummy, but that wasn't the only reason for my vote on him. My issue with Eli was his unconvincing scrapping of his Kirsche read. First he tunnels him for the entirety of ED1, then he "switches" his opinion after being called for his awful vote without sounding convinced of his "change of heart" ("Ok, I'm not so sure of my read anymore *unvote*", "Kirsche seems kinda Town to me now", then contradicts himself with "Guys I don't know what was wrong with my Kirsche read" which implies that he's not aware of his mistake). For me, it looked like scum trying to justify their slips with a poor excuse, which may not be a stellar reason for lynching someone but D1s are like this.

hi i'm kinda drunk btu if one od the neightbors is scum i really think it's poly and if eel like he claimed for towncred... idk... like whty would you wait until now to be like "THAT'S WHY I VOTED MANCER" i don't like that

##vote: Poly

##select: cleric

alslo i still haven't reread Marth becaus I'm gay sorry

Remember kids: Don't drink and play Mafia at the same time.

Because saying that the other Neighbor is scum without any confirmation is nothing short of baseless rolespec. And his claim doesn't earn towncred because there is nothing that automatically associates town with Neighbor.

--

@Xinnidy

I was opposed to the wagon until Elie gave his clarification for switching his read on Kirsche, which I didn't like and read it as scum trying to look good by "correcting their early mistakes" poorly (I can't accept someone's excuse if they say that they are not even sure about what is wrong with what they did!).

Whereas Beli is only being uncooperative (and this isn't really an indicative of scummyness), Elie was being both uncooperative (also not an automatic indicative of scummyness) AND there's also the thing about his read which I didn't buy (which for me was an indicative of scummyness). Clearly, the latter's situation seemed worse than the former's.

As for the vig shot, I'm not against shooting Beli. I have a nullread on him because he could be either lazytown or lazyscum, it is impossible to tell with his deliberate lack of contribution. Either way, if he dies it makes little difference to the discussion and flow of the game, but it should be a vigshot so we don't waste a phase by lynching him.

Uh, ##Select: Knight.

Xin raises a fine point about Rapier though, although I'm not sure how much of it's just attributable to Rapier's uh... Rapierism. I wouldn't really miss Rapier to be honest.

Uh, I hope that is not all you have on me, if I am one of your scumreads. Because casually handwaving a scumread is bad, since you aren't really pressing it or building a case about it.

Clipsey's vote on me seemingly came from nowhere. What are your reasons for voting me?

Kirsche, what happened to your clipsey read? Do you have anything to say regarding other players that are not me?

Both Poly and Quote don't seem scummy to me. Their reads/cases seem weak to me, but not scummy. That said, I wish they'll do something useful on D2. I don't really see the big deal behind Quote's wagon.

Why are we lynching Rapier again? I could follow Rapier's train of thoughts so far but that could be because I suck at mafia myself and am unable to pick up on the scum tells immediately. The only thing I'm seeing on Rapier is the scum slip from day 1 right now.

Rapier, I think it has been established that we do not want the Knight class this phase. Since both Poly and I are Assassin and Knight, I presume that no one else is either of these classes anymore.

I assume that the "Ascetic" role refers to being untargetable at night? If Xinnidy is really the dayvig then the ability helps her to stay alive at night even after she claims so I think we really should not vote for Knight.

I'm also disabled so it's pointless to vote for Assassin because Poly and my roles have to be used together to work.

We don't want to vote for Cleric either because of eclipse's claim.

That leaves Archer and Viking to vote for now.

I'll go with ##Select: Archer because of kirsche claiming to be Archer. I'll assume that kirsche is responsible for the measage about him visiting eclipse?

Levity voting for Cleric after eclipse claimed that the class could be detrimental to town pings me now.

I was gonna read stuff but then I got hype from winning SFMM4 and now I want to sleep. I'll throw down what I felt from skimming before subbing though.

Scum: Marth/BBM/Shin

Town: Refa/eclipse/Mancer/kirsche

##Vote: Cleric Cecille

Idk what eclipse's role does but I want mine active tonight.

Why do you find BBM, Bluedoom and Shin scummy?

I feel like I should do an ISO of Shin some time. Will get to it eventually, promise!

Can someone make an ISO link for SB so that we can ISO him later?

Thanks Kinumi!

I'm Assassin/Knight hahas. And now that you tell me that, I've just looked at the neighbour qt. Assumed there was nothing there because I thought you had the same elements as me hahas!

Post who you're going to target and who you think I should target whenever Assassin is selected in the qt now while you still have access to it please.

@SB: Is your role important enough that it is worth whatever effects eclipse's role might have on town?

Is Kinumi playing because she didn't put those obnoxious signs all over her post so I'm confused now?

my vote is already there though

Yo thought your vote would be reset dawg, fair enough dude.

##Select: Archer

Sb, m8, I heard your voting Cleric. That's cool, we cool but erm, it's not Wind. Even Poly gets it homie it ain't rocket science.

the thing that tipped me off about bbm were his eli interactions, it felt like he was grasping at reasons to keep his vote down on him for a while, where he kept repeating the point about eli's kirsche unvote and then it felt like he only put effort into casing him again when it looked like marth was getting lynched? there's also stuff like "his role isn't that townie" which isn't explicitly scummy but I feel like bbm normally takes what people claim into account more beyond "meh, it's a nulltell". i think there was more to it but this is all i can remember atm.

i'll do the rest in the morning bc sleep is good

@mancer, i'm not going to answer that bc people have been outing a lot of info for no reason this game already, scum don't need to know if i have a weak role or not.

i would also assume poly has no idea who you should target because he has no clue what your role is?

@kirsche, was the fact your target was public your doing?

Rapier we're not selecting Knight because Xinnidy stays an ascetic that way and we want that! You should select wind because that's what cool people who aren't mafia do! Are you not-mafia Rapier?

Did she say that choosing Knight will stop her from using her role? And did she say she needs Wind to stay as an ascetic? I remember she said that she needed Fire.

Bah, whatever. Deselect, ##Select: Wind. Knights are overrated and won't be chosen anyway.

Why are we lynching Rapier again? I could follow Rapier's train of thoughts so far but that could be because I suck at mafia myself and am unable to pick up on the scum tells immediately. The only thing I'm seeing on Rapier is the scum slip from day 1 right now.

I don't like this, it sounds to me as if you (kinda) agree with what I said, yet you left an ambiguous "I might be misreading him since I'm inexperienced" so 1) your read on me doesn't amount to anything and 2) you are avoiding yourself from any associative reads with me. Be more assertive and at least defend your reads until someone proves you wrong, which by then you'll reanalyze it and adapt.

---

##Vote: Kirsche

Do you even have reads about the rest of the game that are not clipsey (and to a certain extent me, though you only made enough effort to sheep Xin and say nothing else)? The only time you voted someone else was when you chose Marth, and yet you gave no justification whatsoever for it, therefore it seemed forced. Your excuse for not looking at other active players and building reads is pretty bad too and you deny Town of building up associative reads about you. While I admit that I liked your ED1, your late D1 and D2 are subpar and I'd like to see more from you.

@kirsche, was the fact your target was public your doing?

Sb did you not see how I have just proven beyond reasonable doubt that only mafia would want to vote not-wind. Also, who is scummiest get a vote down yo.

@Rapier: nah that ain't me.

Rapier why are you selecting the class of your supposed strongest scumread, especially when said scumread is the most vocal about wanting to choose that class?

Also why did it take this long for you to vote me?

Because I was more concerned with reading the thread (yes I'm slow, come fite me) so I could settle a vote later.

Rapier why are you selecting the class of your supposed strongest scumread, especially when said scumread is the most vocal about wanting to choose that class?

Because Wind is the one more likely to win, and because supposedly Knight is bad for Xin so I'd better play safe (I don't understand how it is bad for her, I want clarification on that).

Why would scum care about not voting Wind? Xin only needs Fire to use her role.