Qprogue Mafia - Game Over

Prims

I can buy you having trouble with finding scumreads as town; that's happened to me too. But whenever that's the case I always go all-out in pursuit of any suspicions I DO get, and I think this is something all townies would do if they were invested in the game. You're just kind of putzing around with 1-line suspicions on all three of your top suspicions ("Marth isn't pushing stuff hard", "BBM is tunneling me" and "Eclipse's Beli vote was bad"), and whenever anybody asks for more in-depth reads, you either redirect it away or just say again that you're having trouble getting reads. If you were town having trouble with reads you would at the very least have some sort of in-depth analysis of at least Marth's posts. Even if it came down to "eh this is all I dislike but even then it's the best I have", with reasons for why you thought the other stuff was null, that would be better. I don't see anything to indicate that you really care about finding scum.

Also you've said several times that you're having trouble getting into the game, and that you're frustrated and don't care, but this just doesn't seem true to me at all because you actually have a decent amount of posts defending yourself. It implies you actually do care, at least about not being lynched. You know who cares about not being lynched but not about finding scum? Other scum.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mancer- Elieson's role is provable and therefore his claim is probably legit, but it says nothing about his alignment. Mafia Element Swapper is just as likely as Town Element Swapper.

I do care and said I hope to be more active d2. I simply lack the time to devote to one-two hour focused turboreads in general due to other obligations, including late shifts that involve working from home. Responding to quick things at me is one thing, but analyzing and comparing others votes and reads and wagons and bussing possibilities et al isnt something I've been blessed with the time to do this phase.

I'm not happy about that, but I certainly CARE that I'm not helping right now

Xinnidy, what do you hope to accomplish in 1 hour? Unless you can be more badass than Jack Bauer and make a very convicing case in 24 minutes, I doubt there is any reason to keep this phase going. I suggest we hammer already.

Frankly, I'm an inclined to believe Elieson's claim because I deem the role quite useless and when I do, the role usually exists or is town for that reason. What wou I love changing the elements of town actions really do for scum, anyway? It's useless and non-impactful for them so I think it's more likely to be a town role.

It doesn't cause quite as much chaos as role switcher and if someone's element got swapped they can just claim it later on or just wait in secret for their new element to be selected anyway.

I'd believe that scum would have more game changing abilities like role blocking.

It's not a useless role at all. Eclipse said something just now about how her role had bad effects if Holy was chosen. Well, now the mafia can mess up her element and force town to not pick something else.

Something else that came to my mind. Presumably both Mancer and his neighbour are of the Earth element, and they need Earth to speak to each other. If Mancer's element was swapped to, say, Water, how would that work if only one of Earth and Water were selected? One of the neighbours would get to post and the other wouldn't? Seems kind of awkward

eclipse could just claim the new element like she just claimed that she did not want Holy to be voted.

I already mentioned that I'm not sure that my Neighbour is activated by the Knight class. The way Prims phrased the QT, it seems like they might have a different class.

Town has had negative utility roles before, BBM

Just throwing that out there

I also thought eclipse said her role would only suck if we voted in dark. I can't make dark exist if it wasn't voted on.

I can't even affect you apparently. I now know i can't self target either

3/14 players that I'm useless towards. Also even if I dcrewed with neighbors having neighbor chat, it isnt like I'm screwing up a Track or VigShot. Im screwing with OC (for two unconfirmed people)

Xinnidy, what do you hope to accomplish in 1 hour? Unless you can be more badass than Jack Bauer and make a very convicing case in 24 minutes, I doubt there is any reason to keep this phase going. I suggest we hammer already.

You are not in my position.

Thanks for the tip elieson.

.... aaaaand BBM's gone, I think.

I understand the case now though.

I'm at a point where I'm honestly considering no lynch but the repercussions of a slower town D2 is possibly much worse, but I don't have any more reason to drag the day out though. Mancer, are you ok with hammer, or do you intend to argue more?

still here; leaving now

Elieson being an element swapper doesn't prevent him from having another part to his role with more direct scum benefit, and nor does it prevent other scum from having stronger roles.

this is the same principle as Mafia Announcer or Mafia Insomniac or Mafia Neighbour