FE6 HM 0% growths, with commentary (complete)

dondon151

its more that he doesn't show up till turn 3 and he's way at the top of the map

it just seems like a recruitment that would cost a few turns and just be a general annoyance to recruit a dude that'll do almost nothing

cath probably isn't all that bad, you have so many opportunities to talk to her, you can recruit her in like, Chapter 22 or something ridiculous although I don't know how late she shows up there.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its more that he doesn't show up till turn 3 and he's way at the top of the map

it just seems like a recruitment that would cost a few turns and just be a general annoyance to recruit a dude that'll do almost nothing

cath probably isn't all that bad, you have so many opportunities to talk to her, you can recruit her in like, Chapter 22 or something ridiculous although I don't know how late she shows up there.

I thought this chapter might be simpler, but recruiting Garret is annoying. Two groups of enemies block the way. One group going aggro on you as well.

I wonder if this would work at all.

Drop a combat unit over the mountain. To lure the archers and mercs in that direction away from Garret which go aggro on turn one. Have a flier ferry Lilina over and drop her close to garret by turn 3 player phase. I think this can be done by using dance/sing on the dedicated flier on turn one in order to get enough distance. With the proper placement you could avoid any confrontation along the way getting Garret and the Hammerne staff on turn 4 player phase.

The knight crest I wonder if you get for them being alive and not simply exiting the map. This way you could rescue them as you turtle in the left corner. Recruit and drop off percy over the mountain to KO the boss by turn 4 player phase and get Roy into position. Again, you have 3 fliers by this point in the game since they are going for all recruitment.

In that regard, I do not think a 4-turn clear would be very bad considering you get everything you want on this level.

i want to commend vorena on thinking of (roughly) the original approach i tried, but there's actually no need to be fancy in chapter 15. garret and the hammerne staff are in the same general direction, and we have basically all of our good combat units by now.

i don't think it's possible to do chapter 15 in fewer than 3 turns without suicides, so garret costs only 1 turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWcTqKuY3DA

Chapter 10L is completed in 7 turns.

Chapter information

[spoiler=]

New characters

FtP5t0T.png
Geese (ギース) - Pirate L10
33 HP | 10 str | 9 skl | 9 spd | 8 def | 0 res | 9 luk | 11 con | 5 mov | B axes

Geese’s base B rank in axes lets him use the Brave Axe, but he loses so much AS from the weapon that he gets murdered on counterattacks. Beyond breaking down a wall in chapter 11, Geese isn’t doing much else.

nR6WbxW.png
Gonzalez (ゴンザレス) - Brigand L5

Gonzalez is hitting the bench so hard that it breaks. If he can hit it in the first place.

Important weapons

Wo_Dao.gifWo Dao (倭刀)
D rank sword | 1 rng | 5 WT | 8 MT | 75 hit | 40 crit

Here is a swordmaster’s dream. The Wo Dao is a weapon usable only by myrmidons and swordmasters, and it has the highest base crit of any weapon in the game. It’s a slightly different Killing Edge. Rutger has no real competition for this weapon, so he can just go to town with it.

Mechanics notes

Supports

Supports in FE represent the positive benefits of friendly relationships between 2 player units. Each unit in the game has a predetermined list of characters with whom they can build support. Each level of support confers combat stat bonuses to both units involved if those units are within 3 tiles of each other.

p6TK5pa.png
Roy currently has a C level support with Lilina. Both units get +1 atk, +5 hit, +2 avo, and +5 crit when they are within 3 tiles of each other.

In FE6, Roy’s support with Lilina occurs quickly, but all other supports require a long time to build and are completely impractical.

Serenes Forest has more information on the support mechanic: http://www.serenesforest.net/fe6/support.html

Edited by dondon151

Gonzalez is hitting the bench so hard that it breaks. If he can hit it in the first place.

Hahahahaha.

Wouldn't Gonzales be a better wall breaker than Geese? Unless he can miss those, too. And if anyone can, it's our man Gonzo.

Right. Braving a wall. I forgot how much sense FE makes.

Edited by deranger

No, A rank. Rutger starts at C and gains one rank from promoting. He hasn't seen nearly enough combat for two ranks.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had hit S rank, honestly.

sorry about the quality of this chapter's annotations, guys. originally i had the math for every single one of rutger's crits, but then i decided to skip all of the ones that were >70.0% CoS because annotations take time to position and check, and i was in a rush to post this up before i left for home. that would also explain how i missed rutger's S swords and my mistake with geese's con (though i shouldn't have made that mistake in the first place, but who the fuck uses geese right).

the two details that i missed have been fixed.

Edited by dondon151

Also my favorite thing about that chapter is how Rutger is basically leading the charge despite being a non mounted unit. I wonder how useful he'd be on a playthrough with growths.

i'm guessing he'd be significantly less useful since all the mounts would be strong enough to do what he's doing anyway.

I'm not sure if he'd even be deployed at this point tbh.

But Alan/Lance suck. I guess you'd rig them to be competent, though. Just the idea of Alan/Lance being competent on HM seems so farfetched too me. Also Sue would probably be better than Shin if you were going the rigging route hahaha. Actually, probably not. Thany might be actually competent?

Edited by Refa

I don't think Sue would be better if you still wanted to go to Ilia, unless Thany was like a DEATH MACHINE but I doubt that honestly. I'd guess one of Alance would have become a gamebreaker to the point where you don't need Rutger to kill bosses anymore.

Low turning makes reaching higher weapon levels harder, as units see less combat.

I realize this, Rutger sees so much combat even in this setting however that its still not shocking even in fe6

Your 6 most recent submissions have all been links to your own YouTube videos. Read the sitewide rules of reddit, especially the first one and the pages it links to here and here.

Self-promotion should be kept to less than 10% of your total contributions to reddit. Submit stuff other than your own, and comment on others' submissions. Basically, continue to be an active participant in the community rather than using reddit as an advertising platform.

If this doesn't work for you, buy an ad.

so, uh... does anyone who has experience with reddit know if this is something to be concerned about?

I've never heard of that happening because generally mods have kicked people off or issued an announcement before that happened. I'd contact the mods of that subreddit because I'm thinking it could get you shadowbanned or something because it may think you are a spammer.

I guess just post a little more on reddit. If not, I can go ahead and post it because me posting a few links will get me nowhere near that 10% (because I've posted *a lot* of stuff).

i can't stop laughing at the last line. it's enough to convince me that it's some sort of automatically generated message which doesn't take into account what you're actually posting, working under the assumption that most of the time someone posts their own videos in succession like this it's for profit purposes, and the mods actually wouldn't have any objection at all to your continuing to post the videos. seriously, what else but a bot would legitimately try to suggest you buy reddit ad space for a single playthrough of a video game?