Serenes Forest Smash Club! 3DS Friend Codes/Nintendo Network IDs, screenshots, videos, and more inside!

Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt say "In your face" or something. Just pointing out a positive for me. Btw I am in the lowest scoring state so that's not good

I know, but your "lol" still felt like you were rubbing it in. And what do you mean by "lowest scoring"?

Sorry, CooledEvergreen, I don't play the 3DS version anymore.

Edited by Anacybele

Yep, it sure is sweet to live at GMT. Sure our Crunchyroll Sucks, we only get 9 out of 10 good games and every American Broadcast has to be viewed a day later but every once and a while Nintendo chooses to release DLC that will suit us.

I'm going to want to play too after I buy Corrin! This will definitely be fun. :D

Bear in mind Ana, the :D at the end of this statement could just as easily be viewed as rubbing it in, that you have disposable income and easy access to eShop fundage that other people lack.

If you're gonna post huge smiley Emotes at the end of your statements, and other people post lol at the end of their statements, their core value is relatively similar.

Except my post there wasn't in response to someone's disappointment. So there was nobody for me to rub it in on.

Radiance's post WAS in response to someone's disappointment, mine and Yoshi's.

Edited by Anacybele

Not really. Just told you my timezone and the "lol" was meant as wow Nintendo way to go. Btw Nevada. Dumb state, we are going to be last place in test scoring

Edited by Radiance

Not really. Just told you my timezone and the "lol" was meant as wow Nintendo way to go. Btw Nevada. Dumb state, we are going to be last place in test scoring

Oh, then you could've made that a little clearer. And I see. But at least you're not ranked dead last in education quality like my state is... I do like NC overall though.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, but having to wait longer while other people around here have fun playing with the DLC is just really disappointing...

That's not really Nintendo's fault, though. They're releasing it simultaneously for everyone.

Also keep in mind;

waiting one extra day for something isn't gonna end the world. If anything, you could save yoruself stress by not patching up and playing because of another theoretical Ghost Diddy type-of-glitch that could just make things miserable for you in a way you don't even realize yet

Curse them for not making their release convenient to everyone on the planet simultaneously!

Except it's not convenient to those who live where the DLC would be coming out in the middle of the night?

If Nintendo wanted convenience for everyone, they'd pay more attention to timezones.

Except it's not convenient to those who live where the DLC would be coming out in the middle of the night?

If Nintendo wanted convenience for everyone, they'd pay more attention to timezones.

Then people complain about "How come Japan already has it yet 'Muricans have to wait?!"

Ana fwiw as a person who works with file distribution;

It's really expensive, difficult and time consuming to release 24 unique sets of patches across all hours of the day, since it's a process that you pretty much need to supervise in order to do. As much as I'm bugged by the delay in patch distribution, it's ab absurdly difficult process to handle, logistically.

Then people complain about "How come Japan already has it yet 'Muricans have to wait?!"

Yet we Americans have to wait longer for shit almost all the time. Europe and Australia too. Besides it's not like I'm suggesting gaps of weeks or months between each release like we get with games. In fact, not even more than a day between releases is necessary. Might as well have been this way since some of us have to wait anyway!

EDIT: Elie, nobody ever said anything about 24 different patches...

Edited by Anacybele

They could release it in the US at the time that perfectly suits you when you got up off work or wake up in the morning. Or they could release it when you're working/sleeping. It wouldn't actually make a difference to you in that case. You won't get it any sooner. And anyone in your timezone who doesn't have to work or sleep would then have to wait. There's like no downside of a universal release. It's the only fair system.

They could have at least done the universal release at a time where it's NOT actually inconvenient to the heavily populated eastern side of the US. Many people here go to bed early and get up early for work and won't have the time to deal with the shitty servers.

Yet we Americans have to wait longer for shit almost all the time. Europe and Australia too. Besides it's not like I'm suggesting gaps of weeks or months between each release like we get with games. In fact, not even more than a day between releases is necessary. Might as well have been this way since some of us have to wait anyway!

EDIT: Elie, nobody ever said anything about 24 different patches...

But again, that's not really Nintendo's fault. When you release something worldwide, obviously some places are going to get the short end of the stick, but it beats releasing it separately for various time zones because then the complains of certain areas getting it first would be inevitable.

Might I add, America is definitely getting the best deal here. Europe is getting it in the middle of the night, and Japan is getting it early in the morning... ON A WEEKDAY.

Actually, now that I think about it, I would say America has the worst deal. If you're getting it in the middle of the night or early in the morning, you can go download as soon as you wake up. But in the evening practically right when you have to go to bed? That's sucky, imo.

EDIT: Oh yeah, this means you can disregard my earlier "middle of the night" comment. I think I was incorrect there.

Edited by Anacybele

Ana, you're blowing this way out of proportion. Waiting an extra day to get the DLC isn't the end of the world. Actually, it's probably preferable since trying to download the DLC the moment it gets released will take forever given how many other people will be online at the same time trying to also get the DLC.

Incessantly whining about the release schedule won't accomplish anything of value.

It was never my intention to whine. I don't even think I was whining anywhere, just trying to prove a point.

Yeah, waiting an extra day isn't the end of the world, but I'm honestly moreso angry that we were lied to about when the DLC is coming. We were told this afternoon for NA, but that isn't actually the case. Sure, it's afternoon for the Pacific, but not the rest of us. If they wanted it to be afternoon for the whole region, they should've done it at, say, 1PM for Pacific, 4PM for Eastern.

Edited by Anacybele