Serenes Forest Smash Club! 3DS Friend Codes/Nintendo Network IDs, screenshots, videos, and more inside!

Anacybele

It has much more range than Luigi's Up Special and you can actually direct it left and right. The Side B can also be used to pin Corrin to the stage where you can then jump or Up Special onto the ledge.

It has more horizontal range, but not vertical range. You can't direct up B, actually. I've tried. And I've used moves that you can direct before since my Mii has one and Dark Pit's up B can also be directed. I can pick their direction just fine, yet I can't do this with Corrin's up B.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has more horizontal range, but not vertical range. You can't direct up B, actually. I've tried. And I've used moves that you can direct before since my Mii has one and Dark Pit's up B can also be directed. I can pick their direction just fine, yet I can't do this with Corrin's up B.

I've just went and checked and Corrin's up special does have more vertical range as well as (obviously) horizontal range than Luigi's Super Jump Punch. And it can be directed, not an awful lot mind you. No where near Fox or even Pit's, but if you're pointing to the right then you will go diagonal and if you've pointing straight up you will go straight up. I think you're just more used to characters that depend on their Side B to recovery. Corrin's recovery isn't the best in the game but its far from awful.

No, I actually use up B more often for recovery because Luigi's Green Missile is easily gimped. With Ike though, it's about 50/50 since Close Combat isn't gimpable due to going right through the target.

I love Corrin. I know some things and will make him a main secondary because he is fun. I wonder if Ike is better this patch. Corrin has a strong Up air and Back air(helps edge guard and recovery. His recovery is invincible and his smash attacks are powerful. Tilts are great and can combo as well. I like the stun to because at mid-high percent a follow up can be done. Awesome character

Made a room!

I love Corrin. I know some things and will make him a main secondary because he is fun. I wonder if Ike is better this patch. Corrin has a strong Up air and Back air(helps edge guard and recovery. His recovery is invincible and his smash attacks are powerful. Tilts are great and can combo as well. I like the stun to because at mid-high percent a follow up can be done. Awesome character

I know Ike's f-air and n-air both got 1% damage increases. I don't think there's anything else

Dusk is already a master with Corrin too? How do you people do this when this character JUST got released? Are you cheating? I still can't even really use side B yet, and everyone else can use everything flawlessly.

EDIT: Yeah, I declined because I find I learn less from free for alls than I do in 1 vs 1.

Edited by Anacybele

Dusk is already a master with Corrin too? How do you people do this when this character JUST got released? Are you cheating? I still can't even really use side B yet, and everyone else can use everything flawlessly.

Fundamentals for the most part; playing a variety of characters consistently helps you learn how to adapt quickly. I learned super quickly (after I SD'd in one match) just how to control Corrin's UpB recovery, and the horizontal > vertical flow of it, in the sense that it functions kinda like Charizard's or Lucario's (since you can steer to an extent), and how it keeps your horizontal momentum going so even if you don't reach the ledge, you might reach it by having the momentum give you the extra inch you need to snap.

Side B is a timing game. If you play Ike and Luigi as much as you do, you should be pretty used to timing, in gauging how far you go when charging Green Missile and Quick Draw.

Fundamentals for the most part; playing a variety of characters consistently helps you learn how to adapt quickly. I learned super quickly (after I SD'd in one match) just how to control Corrin's UpB recovery, and the horizontal > vertical flow of it, in the sense that it functions kinda like Charizard's or Lucario's (since you can steer to an extent), and how it keeps your horizontal momentum going so even if you don't reach the ledge, you might reach it by having the momentum give you the extra inch you need to snap.

Side B is a timing game. If you play Ike and Luigi as much as you do, you should be pretty used to timing, in gauging how far you go when charging Green Missile and Quick Draw.

I do play with a variety of characters consistently. I have four different mains/secondaries, five if you count Corrin. Yet I can't figure out the timing for Corrin's side B at all. I can rarely get it to work. Also, I don't use Charizard or Lucario, so that's not a good explanation for me.

I guess I really am incapable of being good at this game if what you all are saying is true. That I theoretically should be good, but I'm not... I must be too autistic and not smart enough...

Edited by Anacybele

Please don't equate autism with stupidity; it's rude and, quite frankly, just plain false.

More on topic, Bayo seems pretty fun, although I'm not really very good with her. I'll probably just stick to using Shulk and Dorf like I was before and try to improve my ability to use them rather than pick up another character.

Please don't equate autism with stupidity; it's rude and, quite frankly, just plain false.

More on topic, Bayo seems pretty fun, although I'm not really very good with her. I'll probably just stick to using Shulk and Dorf like I was before and try to improve my ability to use them rather than pick up another character.

To be fair she did say autistic and not smart. I still think it's an unhealthy bit of self depreciation but the implication is that there's two issues.

Edited by Jotari

What Jotari said. I wasn't equating autism to stupidity, I was trying to point out two issues. In fact, people with my form of it tend to be pretty intelligent (look at Einstein. He's thought to have had Asperger's). They just lack some other brainly functions. I probably lack the ones that could help me be good at Smash Bros. games. I'm not understanding things that others are picking up right away. That's how I can tell.

The problem of not being smart enough is that I can't find any way to actually understand them. Whatever methods work for those people don't work for me. I feel like I probably have to open a notebook, take notes on videos or something, and study it like I'm some school kid. But that's silly to do just for a video game...

Edited by Anacybele