Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Tournament Hub (Please see post #1644)

Ema Skye

The connection wasn't choppy this time! There was input lag but I prefer it over what we had before.

GGs Raven

I won 2-0

Yeah, rollout doesn't always listen when you tell it not to go off the stage. And the matches were fun haha. D3 survivng until 240 was ridiculous.

Red is my next opponent then. I'm still around for an hour or so but if not now, later tonight would be good.

Edited by Terriermon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'll leave it to the two participants to decide"

"I don't want to so I'll just irrevocably input the score without asking my opponent"

classy

EDIT: for the record:

it is possible to edit match results on challonge (which is something that I only recently learned), if that's what you're talking about

What I did was stupid. I already apologized to PKLucas.

To be fair though, he never came forward to talk to me about it after like two days. That was the original score we agreed on, he's the one that wanted to change it afterwards.

What I did was stupid. I already apologized to PKLucas.

To be fair though, he never came forward to talk to me about it after like two days. That was the original score we agreed on, he's the one that wanted to change it afterwards.

...it was literally discussed within half an hour of the match being over

you were clearly reading the thread

arguing that "but PKLucas didn't explicitly tell me personally over PM he wanted to redo it" is intellectually dishonest at best

[spoiler=posts and stuff]

[11/7/14, 8:28:34 PM] Gemma: wait
[11/7/14, 8:28:46 PM] Gemma: do we count sudden death?
[11/7/14, 8:28:53 PM] PKLucas: ;/
[11/7/14, 8:29:01 PM] PKLucas: I guess
[11/7/14, 8:29:50 PM] Gemma: alright

(timestamps in PST)

@Jave - please specify what happens in case of the match running to time.

also lost 1-2 to Elliot

this is 8:57 my time

additional discussion took place shortly after that

EDIT: undid my joke skype nicknames to make things actually clear

Edited by Euklyd

Posting to say I won't be able to play tonight, I'm feeling kind of sick right now and would prefer to postpone my match with Pklucas. If there's any issue witg deadlines or such I won't mind forfeiting.

No problem. Take your time to recover.

It was a thoughtless decision, but I never intended to deceive anyone. Please don't call me dishonest.

the issue (re: intellectual dishonesty) was with the "to be fair..." bit in the post that I quoted

because that was twisting the facts to support your actions

I maintain that "intellectually dishonest" is the correct phrase to use here; if you would rather I have called it "disingenuous" or "duplicitous" we can pretend I did so

"intellectually dishonest" has the benefit of being very clear as to what I'm objecting to

regardless of your intent when making the decision (honest mistake or what) the way you chose to justify it doesn't help your position

unless I'm somehow misunderstanding how 29 minutes does in fact translate into 2 days, in which case feel free to enlighten me

"he's the one who wanted to change it afterwards" is also misleading - when it comes to light that the winner of something had been decided based on faulty understandings of mechanisms it is entirely reasonable to request that things be done correctly

especially since under the "lower % wins" it sounds like he would have won the match

I should not have to spell this out

the issue (re: intellectual dishonesty) was with the "to be fair..." bit in the post that I quoted

because that was twisting the facts to support your actions

No, I wasn't twisting the facts. It wasn't that long after our set that Jave gave us the opportunity to redo the set, but after a few days... no one had said anything about it.

My original excuse sounds like I'm trying to point fingers- that's not what I meant, I'm sorry.

I'd just like to mention that you weren't online the day after our set (Nov 8th)

Besides what euk already mentioned about the discussion being minutes after our set:

On the same page as Jave's post about "leaving it to the contestants to decide" was my post saying "hey, the challonge didn't update, I'd like to redo our set." If you saw one, you saw the other, I really can't believe otherwise.

On the same day, late at night, Doofina was checking in on the progress of the tourney in the Skype chat and I said "I'm waiting for Gemma to show up so I can ask about the redo," and the day after that (the 9th) I told anyone if they saw you to let you know I was looking for you because I was going out for some time. I don't remember if he remembers and can vouch for me, but I know I asked Febro to look out for you(the whole skype chat in general) as well and I can probably find archives.

You already entered the score by the time I got back, so as far as I know I did almost everything I could to try and contact you, or imply that I obviously didn't agree with the score anywhere you could've seen it, short of PMing you directly.

For the record I don't expect to get anything changed now, because it would be unfair to the rest of the participants(Febro would have to redo a match or 2) since the tourney has progressed since then, but I still feel that your mistake is too coincidental to be entirely true.

Edited by PKLucas531

Red Fox of Fire, if you're around I'm available for our match now.

Are you only available when I'm sleeping, or something? Lol.

I was basically around all day right up until about an hour before you posted this.

I have most of today, as well.

Yup! I am the yin to your yang, I am awake when you sleep, etc.

Except now. I'm ready now!

Red Fox of Fire wins 2-1! GGs, Peach clearly takes steroids, frying pan too stronk

Edited by Terriermon

When we went into the 3rd round I was thinking I would most likely lose. Then we started trading stocks with me getting them first and I thought I might make it...but I didn't. If they were 2 stock matches I would have won.

Really, though, my plan was to fight your Sonic either with Greninja (to throw the match, because I suck with Greninja) or ROB (because I think I'd stand a better chance at winning with him than with Peach), but it didn't quite work out. Sonic is just so infuriating because he has combos that seemingly can't be dealt with or punished in any way. It's super frustrating. I've used counters on whatever that speed attack is of his but he always gets away before it connects, and even if you block, you can't reliably punish him because he'll get away and recover too quickly. He's definitely the character I dread seeing the most on For Glory.

Anyway, this tournament was pretty fun. I'd like to do it again some time. I even got a new main out of it.