Samus (regular) and Ike are candidates for bottom tier

Knife

I did have an account there, actually. But I abandoned it. I don't remember why, but I do think I didn't have a very good experience there.

Besides, every character has their own forum there. :P

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did have an account there, actually. But I abandoned it. I don't remember why, but I do think I didn't have a very good experience there.

Well, yeah. Every Smash characters is someone's main.

It's probably the best place to specifically talk about characters in Smash.

As long as you aren't blinding spreading misinformation the people there are really friendly towards you.

That's exactly what I meant.

And what exactly is that supposed to mean?

It just felt like Xuan Wu was saying Ike got special treatment on Smashboards when he got the same as every other character.

Why would this even be important?

Each character's dedicated forum does give them special treatment.

Do you have some sort of standard on how a forum should treat a character you like?

Edited by shadowofchaos

No, I'm just saying that it's not special if every character gets it. That's all...

Also, Ike doesn't need any special treatment. What reason is there for him or for any other character to get it?

Edited by Anacybele

Also, Ike doesn't need any special treatment. What reason is there for him or for any other character to get it?

cuz Sakurai is totes creator bias!!111!!1 :newyears:

realtalk: idk about tiering but within the last week I've picked up both Ike and Samus

they're great fun to like, play a couple casual matches with

cuz Sakurai is totes creator bias!!111!!1 :newyears:

realtalk: idk about tiering but within the last week I've picked up both Ike and Samus

they're great fun to like, play a couple casual matches with

If you need any Ike or Samus tips i'm sure Elie or I could help you along.

Ike feels like he's all about reading his opponent to see if he can go on the offence or go for a quick punish. His Jab, while nerfed is still quite good as both a punish option and an offensive option. His N-Air feels good for offence and punishing as well. His F-Air is good for edge-guarding and I've had luck with his B-Air by running past my opponent and short-hopping into it. (This one is really read heavy, as you have to correctly anticipate a spot-dodge or a shield drop) His dash attack and tilts are all decent punish options. (His F-tilt is good for reading rolls behind you, for example) His Neutral-B is a decent edge-guarding option as well.

Only thing Ike really has a lot of trouble with is approaching projectile campers, but he can get through if he takes it slow and reads what the opponent is doing.

Edited by Monado Boy

Ike feels like he's all about reading his opponent to see if he can go on the offence or go for a quick punish. His Jab, while nerfed is still quite good as both a punish option and an offensive option. His N-Air feels good for offence and punishing as well. His F-Air is good for edge-guarding and I've had luck with his B-Air by running past my opponent and short-hopping into it. (This one is really read heavy, as you have to correctly anticipate a spot-dodge or a shield drop) His dash attack and tilts are all decent punish options. (His F-tilt is good for reading rolls behind you, for example) His Neutral-B is a decent edge-guarding option as well.

Only thing Ike really has a lot of trouble with is approaching projectile campers, but he can get through if he takes it slow and reads what the opponent is doing.

You know I noticed that Shulk and Ike have very similar air games. Although Shulk has the faster options

You know I noticed that Shulk and Ike have very similar air games. Although Shulk has the faster options

Yeah, their F-Air and N-Air function pretty similarly but Shulk's are a bit more versatile. His F-Air's faster speed and larger range are good against airborne (Ike's is a little bit too slow) foes trying to attack you, while his N-Air has almost no landing lag making it possible for Shulk to follow up with a grab, jab, or tilt.

Edited by Monado Boy

Yeah, their F-Air and N-Air function pretty similarly but Shulk's are a bit more versatile. His F-Air's faster speed and larger range are good against airborne (Ike's is a little bit too slow) foes trying to attack you, while his N-Air has almost no landing lag making it possible for Shulk to follow up with a grab, jab, or tilt.

Yeah, Shulk has more versatility but Ike still has some surprises in capable hands for sure. that F-air can be pretty handy in the right situation. Also gotta love both their n-airs

Considering his weight, Ike in SSB4 has surprisingly good frame data for landing lag. Many heavies, like Bowser and Charizard, have far more frames of lag on their aerials. ^-^

N-air: 16

F-air: 19

B-air: 19

U-air: 18

It's a subtle buff for Ike, when compared to SSBB's...

N-air: 13

F-air: 22

B-air: 22

U-air: 19

Only N-air is nerfed, being given more frames of lag, but still very usable.

Landing lag frame data for all characters can be found below.

http://smashboards.com/threads/all-character-landing-lag-frame-data.371503/

Ike's good at taking things slow alright...lol.

Jokes aside, yeah, I've found that Ike's titls and aerials work wonders, and it also helps that his d-air and d-tilt can spike.

No. Ike's D-tilt no longer meteors opponents; it's been transformed into a poking tool, given its newfound speed.

Edited by Xuan Wu

No. Ike's D-tilt no longer meteors opponents; it's been transformed into a poking tool, given its newfound speed.

Could you imagine if this kept the meteor effect haha.

I actually use this as a switch up with my Ike Jab, punch, knee, dtilt

Could you imagine if this kept the meteor effect haha.

I actually use this as a switch up with my Ike Jab, punch, knee, dtilt

That would make it a really good move, maybe even broken, if it retains the meteor property. ^-^

D-tilt had a very limited use in SSBB due to it being pretty slow, and it's good to see it being utilized more now. It's probably Ike's new bread and butter, successor to his godly jab.

Edited by Xuan Wu

I hope so. Because I still loved the spike.

Eruption is really Ike's new edgeguarding option of choice. If timed very precisely, vanilla Eruption can hit characters who have yet to ledgesnap for huge damage. Pulling it off is soooo satisfying, and even when it doesn't work it definitely can stress your opponent out. Tempest is arguably even more disgusting. It's like your own personal gust bellows with added hover ability. Plus, Ike still has some capacity for off-stage play with fairs, nairs, and (if you're really accurate) dair spikes.

As for dtilt, it's pretty amazing in SSB4. I never really used it in Brawl due to its low power and general slowness, but I make frequent use of it now. In fact, shorthop nair->dtilt is probably my most used attack pattern, epseically when the opponent is at low %. As long as you mix it up with nair->jab and a lot of lone nairs, most people pick up on shielding the nair, but drop the shield and are still wide open for a quick poke from dtilt. It's got really solid range, too, giving Ike a fast attack that maintains his crucial spacing and keeps him somewhat safe. I'm no expert, but I would personally call this Ike's most buffed attack.

Edited by Ragnell