It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

Fairly artsy picture, but Ike has joined my tiny Amiibo collection! My tradition of buying rarer, Amiibo for half of the RRP because of an LP I have watched continues!

post-5132-0-49510900-1453130750_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you live in the states Roy's amiibo goes up for preorder at 2pm central on 1/21

at gamestop only

Did the GameStop employees said that it be preordering tomorrow, was it mentioned in one of the GameStop ads, or was it the amiibo machine gave that info about it?

Edited by Mike Jones

Gamestop employee leaked an email.

I don't have the email anything that is related to GameStop mentions about the Roy amiibo preorder in my Gmail storage system. Can you guys might show any proof incase if you guys do have the leaked email or source it? I wanted to see about it.

Edited by Mike Jones

Man, this Amiibo drought sucks... There haven't been anymore that I want other than the one that's coming with TP HD. I can only hope that some new SMB Amiibo are announced, otherwise I'm stuck waiting awhile for Corrin, I guess. Anyone else feeling like this too?

My Shovel Knight amiibo arrived a few days ago and man is it good.

It takes the action-platformer element of the game and adds an RPG system to it, so it feels like I'm playing a whole new game here. Not to mention co-op is a legitimately big deal for me.

Easily the best amiibo use to-date and I hope now that stock issues are mostly fixed, we can see developers using amiibo in ways like this in the future.

Man, this Amiibo drought sucks... There haven't been anymore that I want other than the one that's coming with TP HD. I can only hope that some new SMB Amiibo are announced, otherwise I'm stuck waiting awhile for Corrin, I guess. Anyone else feeling like this too?

I've felt like that, too.. Hopefully they'll announce a new line of Amiibo in the next direct.

Worth noting that Roy is listed as incompatible with Fates on the official amiibo site.

It also says he is compatable with: Mario Party 10, Yoshi's Wooly World, Captin Toad, and Chibi Robo

the mere fact that in the us were getting Map Pack 1 (note the 1) which contains all of the japanese dlc implies that there is more DLC on the way (and we still have no way of getting those missing skills hidden in the game)

which means we could see support for Roy's amiibo in a future update (Nintendo has added amiibo support to older games)

on another note I think IS will unleash Apotheosis 2 when the entire world has the game in their hands

EDIT: I also just preordered Ryu from bestbuy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-ryu/4830000.p?id=bb4830000&skuId=4830000

Edited by Captain Karnage

I am super, super late to the party in this topic, but uh...hi.

I'm pretty excited that Roy is up for pre-order...unfortunately, I have no extra money to spend on him yet. It kinda sucks, he's the one I want the most right now! As for his compatibility with Fates, I'm sure he'll be compatible soon. At least I hope so, I'd be interested in seeing what his class, weapons, etc. are.

I like that everyone frantically went to Gamestop's site for Roy and almost crashed it and he's still been in stock for hours. It was annoying because I was trying to get the Bravely Second CE in addition to the Roy amiibo. (I got them both fine after battling the order screen a few times) I knew there would be no problems getting him, I just wanted that collector's edition before it sold out.

I have to go in for work in about half an hour anyway, so I'll see if they have any Roys left over on my way back home. Maybe.

I finally decided to get a new 3ds so I thought I'd try out the Amiibo functionality for Smash for myself even though I don't particularly care for Smash 4 maybe a better offline opponent will change my mind a bit to where I actually play the game considering I barely touched it since I bought it. Roy is a nice character for the only Amiibo I intend to get, I always had a soft spot for Roy as a more entertaining 'Marth' in Melee and he's the only DLC character I bought just for nostalgia.