It's Amiibo time

Robinigo

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or Famicom ROB is no longer going to be regionally exclusive.

There's been nothing about STEAM or Fates updating to allow his amiibo.

I'm pretty sure they haven't been updated to add about Fire Emblem Fates yet? (since, the last time I looked around in all of the other four Fire Emblem character amiibos in a couple of weeks ago.)

Edited by Tatsumi

Not quite sure if this is the right topic for this, but when are we supposed to get a restock of the FE amiibos?

I think I did seen a Marth and Ike amiibo got restocked from months ago.

And speaking of CodeName: S.T.E.A.M., I just manage to see a new updated patch of 1.2.0 got released in 7/28 in the Nintendo eShop since I just got my Nintendo 3DS working right now. (I'm pretty sure we might possibly have a chance around in the future in the next updated patch to see if Roy might possibly be compatible with the Amiibo feature and add in the game in the next possible patch or not since the game looks like it's still alive.)

Edited by Tatsumi

Erm, does a game+amiibo bundle count as amiibo news?

Twilight Princess HD bundle is up on BestBuy.ca finally. :o (Out of stock on Amazon.ca, yikes...)

edit: "Out of stock", by which I mean "currently unavailable"... Derp, there's no stock anywhere yet. >_>;;

Edited by Tsamimi

Picked mine up as soon as Best Buy opened! Granted I shouldn't really have worried about pre-ordering it considering there were about 30-40 in stock not counting pre-orders, but hey, better to be safe than sorry!

Now the non-DLC Sm4sh line has been completed (with one DLC amiibo out now due to Mewtwo).

Now we just wait patiently for Roy, Ryu, Lucas, and Cloud

Erm, does a game+amiibo bundle count as amiibo news?

Twilight Princess HD bundle is up on BestBuy.ca finally. :o (Out of stock on Amazon.ca, yikes...)

edit: "Out of stock", by which I mean "currently unavailable"... Derp, there's no stock anywhere yet. >_>;;

Yikes, it sold out of preorders at the $100 mark?

Let me say I personally feel $100 for an HD remaster of an 8 year old game + a toy worth $15 at best is really pushing the limits of what I'm willing to put up with. Amiibo Festival was bad enough but I splurged on Isabelle and Digby. $80 shovelware. The average salary in the US is roughly the same as in Canada, maybe sliiiightly lower on the minimum wage end. However everything in Canada costs rougly 30% more than its US equivalent these days, it's insane. Nintendo in particular has been incredibly conservative with stock and preorder availability in Canada. FE Fates and Xenoblade Chronicles X got several preorder waves and ample supply for demand for US preorders. Canada? A day for minimal copies of XCX. Their website is a sick joke if you try to look up preorder available up in the cold North. Seriously heartless. Fire Emblem? Who the hell knows. We won't know a damn thing for the next month, at least. Robin and Lucina amiibos? What are those? I actually thing EB Games never actually gave me a refund on my preorder they unceremoniously cancelled for a nebulous spot on their wait list, only a 20% discount on a bunch of Mario amiibos I already had, only valid at the specific store I ordered at.

Sorry for this impromptu rant. I'm just angry. I guess I know how Australia must feel right now.

Oooh, you're lucky! I was VERY SMART and forgot the order number, so I'll have to go back on Sunday to pick Falco up.

Heh, lucky that Best Buy holds orders for longer than GameStop does, huh?

I forget how many Amiibo I have now, I'll have to recount once I move back to my house. :P

Speaking of Best Buy, I gotta run out today and get a Falco for DodgeDusk. My preorder arrived but for some reason, my preorder of two Falcos were split between two different Best Buys, despite being one actual order. Idk.

I also splurged last night and bought Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival. Isabelle and Digby are so fucking cute omg...

Today marks the 1 year anniversary of amiibo.

I bought my first amiibo in May, saying to myself, "It's only one, what could possibly go wrong?"

Six months later...

P780oqM.jpg

a2ONthz.jpg

Falco came in for me yesterday and he sure looks great

out of curiosity, i went to check how much was left in my local best buy, and there sure was a surprising number left in stock after the oceans of Captain Falcon and Dark Pit (though the amount of stock for them must be a way to get out of stocking Little Mac >n>) i'm not bitter

I bought my first amiibo in May, saying to myself, "It's only one, what could possibly go wrong?"

amiibo: once you get one

it's all over

amiibo: once you get one

it's all over

After I got my Ike amiibo, I said, "Eh, I'll just get the Fire Emblem amiibos. And Pac-Man. And Toon Link. And Pittoo. And maaaybe that's it".

Next thing I know? RIP wallet.

I'm thinking about just buying the Fire Emblem amiibos online as imports from Japan, I've heard the amiibos are compatible with games regardless of region, is that true?

Yeah, I have a Japanese Lucina and it works the exact same way.

It's cool to see that my local retailer has a bunch of amiibo and new games available on the online store. Like, they had Mystery Dungeon, Mario Tennis and the Animal Crossing amiibo available right away last friday.

Edited by Quintessence

I went ahead and purchased some Japan Import amiibos from Amazon, under $20 but a bit higher than the store prices of $12.99 or whatever they typically sell for.

The only thing I think is weird is that they'll apparently arrive somewhere between the end of December to the beginning of January. I did select the cheapest shipping options but that's still a bit out of the norm, is it just because they're imports?

Edited by Deviddo