Hardest game you ever played?

kirby9612

I was stuck on this for years.

tumblr_lntnq9JIKo1qdtw9eo1_500.jpg

Ha, I remember getting past that part accidentally after several frustrating playthroughs as a kid and never actually figured out the secret until recently when I purchased it on Steam last year. Man, memories.

Another frustrating stuck point for me was making my way into Saffron City in Pokémon Yellow. No internet for walkthroughs at that point. Eventually I found the vending machines and bought some drinks and managed to get my way past accidentally, since at the time I thought my Pokémon weren't strong enough so I was just leveling.

I guess the hardest overall games that I've played, though, would have to be in the Fatal Frame series, not necessarily because the gameplay is overly difficult, but because they're actually scary horror games and so they're just hard to play, especially for prolonged periods of time. They're still some of my favourite games, but even after a few playthroughs I still find myself needing to take breaks to calm down a bit.

Also going back to Sonic,

When I was a kid and was playing through S&K for the first time, I had trouble beating The Doomsday Zone, you know why?

Because I had no fucking idea you could tap A for a slight speed boost.

Regardless, I still managed to beat it using my self-imposed handicap after many frustrating retries.

F-Zero GX story mode was intense as hell. I never could beat chapter 5 (that chapter with the bomb).

Are you talking about the bomb being strapped onto the blue falcon (which was Chapter 6) or the one with saving Jody (Chapter 5)? The saving Jody I can agree because it requires a perfect runthrough. Chapter 6 was easy even on very hard.

Ignoring ridiculous NES games like battletoads and ninja turtles (you know the one).

Shinobi for PS2. I spent about 4 hours on the final boss on the hard difficulty. And that was with the stronger character that you unlock after beating the game on normal.

Shadow the Hedgehog for the GameCube mainly because of how slippery the controls are.This is the game I most saw the game over screen on.

On Gamecube? I dunno, I thought it was easy enough.

-------------

You guys haven't lived until you've played Megaman Zero ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (Just not the 3rd one, it's a lot easier).

i was about to say it'd make more sense to ask about hardest beaten (since a lot of us probably played some super hard nes game once and never went back to it)

hardest games i've ever touched...probably...super ghouls and ghosts maybe? mario party 2's mini game coaster? rayman on the ps1 maybe? i know i've played harder like near unbeatable games but i can't remember them.

the hardest game i've beaten, probably mega man & bass(not very hard anymore after the first playthrough), or star wars rogue squadron on the N64, with 100% completion.

It has to be vexx on the ps2 for me , because its like playing grandmaster galaxy (the ultimate test) 100 times

vexx was so cool.

Megaman Zero 2.

Ohhh my lord. I EVEN PLAYED THIS ONE RECENTLY. LIKE, WITHIN THE PAST WEEK.

luuul you're in for a surprise if you play zero 1 then and you can't ask me for tips in that one

Battletoads is still the hardest game I've ever played in my life.

battletoads & double dragon is harder. i had to go to youtube to learn how to beat the first boss without getting a game over =/

I've played hard games just for fun but never really beat them, hardest game I've beaten is Castlevania (NES).

i can't beat CastleVania 3...

Shadow the Hedgehog for the GameCube mainly because of how slippery the controls are.This is the game I most saw the game over screen on.

looooooooooooooooooooooool there are games where i find myself falling into pits a lot, but if a game over means i just have to do over one level, i don't mind very much.

Uh, I suck at most platformers, so anything with platforming really.

And older Mario games. I honestly don't know why anthing older then Sunshine is a train wreck for me. Modern Mario IS easier

I guess merely playing a hard game is easy enough. F-Zero GX, Zelda II, I wanna be the Guy, Ninja Gaiden (NES)...

Now when it comes to actually beating them... the original Castlevania, I guess. Or maybe Baldur's Gate?

Edited by BrightBow

sonic 06, because sometimes the game just decides that it's time to die for no reason and you'll phase through a wall and plummet to your death or something

but seriously its probably something like Zelda II or the original castlevania