Types of characters you would like to see

Dragoncat

Witch and Warlock. Witches can use Dark and regular tomes, with staves. Warlocks can use Dark Tomes and regular tomes with axes. Witches are female exclusive, warlocks are male. Witches are more defensive, while warlocks are more offensive.

I also want to see a male manakete, though I think manaketes might be female exclusive

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, it's pretty weird but, I kinda want to see a unit that betrays you a few chapters after his/her recruitment, but will return permanently at a chapter where he/she's an enemy and can be re-recruited if he/she has a certain support ranking with others. It feels somewhat realistic for some reason.

Edited by カプリ

Witch and Warlock. Witches can use Dark and regular tomes, with staves. Warlocks can use Dark Tomes and regular tomes with axes. Witches are female exclusive, warlocks are male. Witches are more defensive, while warlocks are more offensive.

I also want to see a male manakete, though I think manaketes might be female exclusive

People always forget poor ol' Bantu...

You know, it's pretty weird but, I kinda want to see a unit that betrays you a few chapters after his/her recruitment, but will return permanently at a chapter where he/she's an enemy and can be re-recruited if he/she has a certain support ranking with others. It feels somewhat realistic for some reason.

We kinda had that in FE12. Did not like, but your mileage may vary.

Y'know what I want?

A lord that specializes in dark magic.

Also - A lord who's like a villain-protagonist. (s)he wipes out all of the opposing armies, thinking (s)he's in the right, when all of the other armies are the true good guys - and maybe, late in the game, (s)he realizes the horrible things (s)he's done.

3edgy5me /jk

Other ideas!

Instead of a dragon loli, we can have a dragon shota.

Promotion for dancers/bards.

I approve of the idea of a super girly (but still badass) female Cav/Knight. Kind of an anti-Sully. For extra lulz pair her with the tomboyish Dancer/Peg Knight/Cleric/Troubadour.

We need another scumbag villain. Like not quite Valter level, but still a scumbag.

This can actually happen in FE9 with Jill. She can defect on one chapter. If she doesnt have a certain support that is. However, she cannot rejoin if she does defect.

This can actually happen in FE9 with Jill. She can defect on one chapter. If she doesnt have a certain support that is. However, she cannot rejoin if she does defect.

Actually, she defects if you have her kill/fight her father IIRC.

Unless you were thinking of FE10?

Actually, she defects if you have her kill/fight her father IIRC.

Unless you were thinking of FE10?

No, im thinking of FE9. If she doesnt have a B or higher support with Mist (or Lethe i think...?) and shes deployed on that chapter and fights Shiharim, she can totally become enemy.

No, im thinking of FE9. If she doesnt have a B or higher support with Mist (or Lethe i think...?) and shes deployed on that chapter and fights Shiharim, she can totally become enemy.

Oh. Well I knew the part about fighting Shiharim, but I didn't know the bit about the support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD6qtc2_AQA

Shinon in Path of Radiance is like this, kind of. Only he doesn't require a support to be re-recruited.

Posted · Hidden by Florete, November 13, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, November 13, 2014 - No reason given

Shinon in Path of Radiance is like this, kind of. Only he doesn't require a support to be re-recruited.

a male Fighter that isn't a meathead jock

Nolan was pretty much that.

I'd like to see a legitimate spy, like he or she can disguise him- or herself and sneak around the enemies without getting attacked, but performing certain actions would break his or her cover. It'd have the danger of being heinously broken, but I still want to see it, ideally decently balanced.

A mage that doesn't just use attack magic, like a salve maker from Bravely Default, but with magic, or a mage that has skills that work like staves and some negative aspect to keep from being broken.

A unit that uses other units to attack. This needs some explaining. The idea was a beastmaster in FE9 or 10. He or she was able to tame some feral ones (don't ask how), and used those units to attack with different properties. Maybe with equipping being sort of like horses in Berwick saga. I hadn't really thought out the idea a whole lot.

As for character traits, maybe a lord who doesn't want to be in charge? Not like Ike in FE9 where he doesn't feel he deserves to be in charge, but a lord who's really only leading because he's obligated to and then learns to actually care because dynamic characters.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Male Axe Lord by the name Viðarr who isnt all hotheaded or teenaged. He'd be a little bit like Sigurd, only he wouldnt die halfway through the game. Certainly wouldnt be as biased as Chrom, or as Leeroy Jenkins as Ephraim. No, his flaws would be more nuanced. Kinda tired of blue haired lords.

Sooo.... Eliwood? No seriously Eliwood is hella under appreciated.

FE could certainly use more Basilios and Flavias. The Khans were the best characters in Awakening. But they are also the worst Gotoh archetypes in the series by far.

A split path lord would be swell. Like Denam from Tactics Ogre.

FE12 Palla is already basically a flying Jeigan.

FE5 had a few different Jeigans as well.

Flavia sorta counts as another Echidna as well. Severa is a female Merc so she half-counts.

A major thing I want as said before is for Wyverns to be the ally nation instead of the enemy. So basically, I want a Lord who is essentially Minerva (who is one of my favorite characters in the series).

I've been thinking of a Bow Lord. In order to not suffer from Archer suck syndrome I was thinking of giving them a kickass Prf bow that is basically Mani Katti with 2-3 Range.

A Mage Fighter lord would also kick the ass. Start with Swords gets C Tomes on promo. Prf is a sword, "super" endgame weapon is a tome that is rightfully reclaimed from the clutches of the enemy, Tyrfing style.

A Sage Jeigan would be quite... Interesting. The return of Prf staves such as FE12 Hammerne and FE5 repair would obviously need to make a come back to not make your other staffers obsolete.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Most of my wants have already been mentioned here. A Wyern Lord. Female Lord of course. A male Manakete (I know we have Bantu but the dude is almost 25 years old real time, give us another one, it's well over due). I don't think anyone said a male Pegasus Knight surprisingly. I believe there's a lot of desire for that. I'd also love to see a Pirate King for some reason. We have a ton of rugged bandits and ruffians in Fire Emblem, I'd love to see one who has declared himself King. Bonus points if we finally get to see Shanty Pete.

Fighting family is always fun, I'd like to see a Lord who has to do a bit more of that. Despite the sudden Death Syndrome of Lord's parents, I think Alm is the only one who actually tried his hand at parricide.

We kinda had that in FE12. Did not like, but your mileage may vary.

The dialogue for those scenes kills me but I do REALLY LIKE that you have to sit next to her unequipped and keep talking to her repeatedly to get her to join whilst she's an aggressive unit. I love when mechanics are part of the narrative like that.

It helps the music is good too.

Edited by Irysa

Not sure if this has appeared in any of the games already:

A handicapped/physically weak character whose movement is drastically reduced while having extremely poor strength, defense and resistance; in exchange for very high magic, skill, speed growths/mods (superior to that of "normal" units, that is). If the game allows reclassing, this unit cannot reclass into a mounted/flying unit, because it would ruin the point of being handicapped. Movement issue can only be fixed with rescue/pair-up and the like.

I like these ideas. They can also be extra DLC classes.

I also like this, but what I actually want is that there's no possible way to re-recruit this unit, and you have to kill him/her in order to progress. Also, the betrayal must happen quite late into the story, and you cannot expect this beforehand. This can be done as a trolly plot-twist of some kind. Just imagine the frustration you'd have after all the efforts of training this character and all the wasted EXP he/she gained while still in your team :P

Edited by Ryo

Males can get female classes and females can get male classes.

The hack Midnight Sun intodruces a male pegasus knight. So why not in a regular part?

About the main character:

There's no dragon, dark mage, wyvern knight, pegasus knight (Elincia doesn't count, because she's no real lord in 9 and 10) or knight (forgot some more...) as lord in the FE series so far.

So it's time that the next lord should represent one of these classes.

I'm sick of blue haired and boring swordusers.

Edited by The Taninator

There's no dragon, dark mage, wyvern knight, pegasus knight (Elincia doesn't count, because she's no real lord in 9 and 10) or knight (forgot some more...) as lord in the FE series so far.

So it's time that the next lord should represent one of these classes.

I'd say Hector's a Knight. It definitely the class he choose to represent when not lounging around as a lord.

Hector seems to be more a fighter type to me, although he can use swords unike warriors. His speed growth is decent and he has five movement unlike knights.

He appears as a general in both Binding Blade and Awakening. He also only has five movement on promotion which is on par with Generals. Stats wise he's also more similar to a Knight/General with high defense and hp but low speed and resistance. Fighters tend to have moderate defense but high HP with some good speed. Really the only thing that stops Hector outright being a Knight or General is a lack of weakness to armor slayers and a preference for axes over lances (axes still being a common weapon for generals).

Edited by Jotari

He appears as a general in both Binding Blade and Awakening. He also only has five movement on promotion which is on par with Generals. Stats wise he's also more similar to a Knight/General with high defense and hp but low speed and resistance. Fighters tend to have moderate defense but high HP with some good speed. Really the only thing that stops Hector outright being a Knight or General is a lack of weakness to armor slayers and a preference for axes over lances (axes still being a common weapon for generals).

Have edited my post to axe mercenary because of the weapon types axes and swords.

Edited by The Taninator