SF Interviews - Nomination for #38

Makaze

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Favorite Mega Man game?

2) Favorite Wrestler?

1) Probably 2, if we're talking the original series.

2) BRET THE HITMAN HART

who were your role models when growing up?

I've had many different ones, starting from the likes of Shredder and Unicron in my childhood and going into actual role models like Ali ibn Abi Talib in my adolescence, among others (his son Husayn, for example). I like to think I'm still growing up, and for now my father is both a role model and a person I aspire to surpass.

Which scene of The Thing is your favorite?

Favorite Lovecraft story...?

Do you want to live in another country, or travel?

THIS FUCKING COUCH

(Real answer: every single scene, man)

Eternal Darkness Probably Azathoth. Very beautiful.

Definitely. I'd like to live somewhere else because reasons, and I'd most definitely love to travel and see all the different places in the world. Generic answer, I know, but it's true.

do you love me

>/////////<

Edited by Nightmare

1. Since by your own word you're a devout muslim by choice, I'm curious on the experience that led you to choose that path. Would you mind elaborating if it's possible?

2. Do you read Sufi Philosophy, and if yes, what's your opinion about it?

I saw Nightmare at a grocery store in New York last month. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Butterfingers in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Do you think that love can bloom even on a battlefield?

Do you remember the feel of battle? The clashing of bone and sinew?

What are you fighting for?

You wanna pull each other's ears?

Snake?

1. Have you ever made a fashion choice in the past that you regretted?

2. If you could personally witness any sort of event in any location and/or time period you wanted, what would it be?

3. How does it feel to be graced with the prescence of yours truly? B)
4. Out of all of the Metal Gears(the actual ones, not the series itself) or any mechs in the series related to them, which do you like best?

5. What is something you'd recommend anyone try doing at least once?

wow you actually thing there is such a thing as too much muscle?

Damn, you got me.

Do you live in Palestine?

Nope, Iran.

Favorite pokemon?

It's either Onix or MewTwo. Sad that Onix gets the short end of the stick all the time, though.

What is a video game that you would play when your friends are over?

Man, that's a hard one. Most of my friends don't like the games I like. :(

I guess something like a racing game or Smash Bros. or even Super Bomberman 5.

1. Since by your own word you're a devout muslim by choice, I'm curious on the experience that led you to choose that path. Would you mind elaborating if it's possible?

2. Do you read Sufi Philosophy, and if yes, what's your opinion about it?

1. Well, as you know, I was brought up a Muslim. It hasn't been a single enlightening experience, but many times where I had questions regarding things in Islam. Whenever I sought the answers, I realised Islam has answers for every one of my questions, and they were all not only satisfactory, but profoundly rational. I've learned that Islam is a religion of rational thought rather than blind faith, anyone who says otherwise is a fraud of a Muslim, and that doubt is a necessary stepping stone to learning more. That's pretty much it.

2. If you noticed, I mentioned the Mathnawi of Rumi among my favourite books in an answer to an earlier question. It's not quite philosophy (though it has philosophical aspects as well), but it's a collection of deeply profound spiritual poems by Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Balkhi, otherwise known as Rumi or Mowlana. Rumi was a Sufi, and those poems hold a special place not only in my heart, but the book was (and probably still is) used to teach clergymen-in-training about spirituality. Otherwise, the likes of Ibn Arabi and such have some pretty good philosophies, to the point where Mulla Sadra made use of his philosophy to form his own.

I saw Nightmare at a grocery store in New York last month. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Butterfingers in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

U-uh yeah, that was an interesting experience! EDIT: Jesus I just realised now your post was a mess of tags and somehow it messed up the quoting too.

Do you think that love can bloom even on a battlefield?

Do you remember the feel of battle? The clashing of bone and sinew?

What are you fighting for?

You wanna pull each other's ears?

Snake?

Definitely.

I'll never forget it as long as I live.

LOVE

Sure,

brother!

1. Have you ever made a fashion choice in the past that you regretted?

2. If you could personally witness any sort of event in any location and/or time period you wanted, what would it be?

3. How does it feel to be graced with the prescence of yours truly? B)

4. Out of all of the Metal Gears(the actual ones, not the series itself) or any mechs in the series related to them, which do you like best?

5. What is something you'd recommend anyone try doing at least once?

1. Can't say that I have. My fashion sense if perfect, as you know.

2. Hmm, there are many things...but I think if there's one thing, it might be the Hadean era, the birth of life on Earth, or the conquest of Mecca. EDIT: I JUST REMEMBERED QUEEN LIVE AID IT WOULD ACTUALLY BE THAT

3. It feels pretty OK.

4. REX there is no other.

5. Everything! Except the lame things.

Edited by Nightmare

1. Do people still mistake you for another Nightmare?

2. I heard you're a really good cook. When did you start learning to cook?

3. Is there a Nightmare Special dish?

4. How would you propose to your future wife?

5. If you could have one superpower for a day, what would you want (and do with it)?

Edited by NTG

Do you get referred to as the guy who invented "Nightmare" (the romhacking tool)?

What's the inspiration for all of your incredibly manly avatars? Like, there's so many to choose from. How do you decide which is always the best?

Ever broken a bone?

Manliest pet(s) to own?

1. Do people still mistake you for another Nightmare?

2. I heard you're a really good cook. When did you start learning to cook?

3. Is there a Nightmare Special dish?

4. How would you propose to your future wife?

5. If you could have one superpower for a day, what would you want (and do with it)?

1. It hasn't happened in a long time...I'm so thankful.

2. You heard, huh. I started cooking at around the age of oh...eight or nine, I think. I haven't been keeping to it a whole lot, but it's certainly helped to have started from then.

3. I have yet to reach that power level.

4. Hmm...I think the closest is Mittermeyer. I'd do it like

but I can't be awkward to save my life.

5. Flight! I'd flee to the ends of the Eaaaaaaarth. I'd say teleportation instead, but flight is much more dramatic.

Do you get referred to as the guy who invented "Nightmare" (the romhacking tool)?

What's the inspiration for all of your incredibly manly avatars? Like, there's so many to choose from. How do you decide which is always the best?

Ever broken a bone?

Manliest pet(s) to own?

Ugh, sometimes people think I'm related. It's frustrating.

I uh, don't have any secret well I pull supposedly manly avatars from. I just try and find good pictures of characters I like.

Nope, but I've displaced a bone or two. Maybe a fracture as well.

Probably big cats.

You live in Iran? Cool, what's it like over there? (I like learning about places I don't know much about.)

Does that count as two questions or one?

It's pretty okay here. Nothing much special to talk about, but I imagine if you came here you'd be in a slight shock. There's a lot of things we'd consider normal here that you probably don't, and a lot of things you have there that we don't. For example, did you know our doughnuts are generally pretty bad? Yup.

If you'd like to see more that I can't possibly fit into words, consider watching the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown. It's a pretty good unbiased piece on Iran, and although it doesn't cover everything (naturally), it's a good introduction.

1) Rank every Castlevania game you've played

2) Are you named after a specific Nightmare or just because it's cool?

3) Do you respect the legend?

Edited by Reinfleche