SF Interviews - Nomination for #38

Makaze

1. Are you interested in playing the older FE games?

2. Do you ever cycle?

3. Are you interested in languages/linguistics?

4. Are you interested in history?

5. Do you speak any languages besides English?

1. Well considering I've played and beaten every single FE. Yeah :P. I like every FE too, (well I haven't played and beaten Fates yet but.. details~)

2. I don't bike that often, if thats what you're asking

3. Some, Japanese in particular. Chinese as well

4. Heck yeah I am, I particularly love the Three Kingdoms of China, Waring States of Japan and War of the Roses in particular, although I love a-lot of other history too, be it Greek, European, American, Asian etc.

5. Not fluently, but I know some Spanish and a little Bulgarian

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressions?

Hmm, well I don't often see you around where I tend to post, so apologies for this being brief!

I've always seen you as an intelligent, no nonsense kind of dude, personally. ^^

Do you drink tea?

If you could master one language overnight, which one would it be?

Favorite season?

I only drink tea on rare occasions ^^;

Hmm, thats a tough one actually as much as I want to instantly say "Japanese" I could learn something interesting instantly like Hebrew. Which I probably would.

Fall, its always so beautiful in fall. Then again all the seasons have their beauty.

Obligatory First Impressions and Current Impressions of me question.

Favorite Shakespeare play?

Are you at all religious? (feel free to not answer that if too personal)

Dost thou engage in the imbibing of alcoholic spirits? If so, what are thy favorites?

Obligatory First Impressions and Current Impressions of me question.

Favorite Shakespeare play?

Are you at all religious? (feel free to not answer that if too personal)

Dost thou engage in the imbibing of alcoholic spirits? If so, what are thy favorites?

At first I thought you were kinda snippy! We had a bad first encounter in the Awakening boards though. I was like whoaaa scary ^^;

Now its more, you're an awesome person, can get heated really easily, but for the stuff you do its understandable and you're passionate about the things you care about, always a plus to me!

My favorite play by Shakespeare is probably Romeo and Juliet, it was an interesting take on the whole "Love at first sight" ordeal and while I'm a romantic, it kinda grounded my feelings on romance in general! Plus the characters were very entertaining. Shout out to Mercutio!

Very much so! I have a strong faith/belief in the Lord and his teachings, I'd identify most as a Protestant. Although I disagree with how some people with similar faith act, under change and stuff. I at the same time feel people can get a little too heated at us for what we believe ^^;. Even if the person in question is on a similar wavelength about an issue or something. I could go more into depth, but I don't tend to talk about this stuff often outside of where I really feel comfortable talking about it, like some family and particular friends.

Occasionally I will drink! I tend to like wines, not a big fan of beers. My favorite alcoholic drink though is Jägermeister which some seem to find me odd for, considering it was an old cough medication :P, been meaning to try Vodka and Scotch

Edited by Jedi

20. I'd like to see

, Maria (Sakura Wars).

I WILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

Anyway so I'm not just being a salt

OBLIGATORY IMPRESSIONS QUESTION

Also why is Sumire the best character in Sakura Wars?

I WILL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL

Anyway so I'm not just being a salt

OBLIGATORY IMPRESSIONS QUESTION

Also why is Sumire the best character in Sakura Wars?

YOU WILL DO NO SUCH THING.

Impressions!: A pretty nice kid, has some strong passionate opinions, but a good heart

Current: You are still the same as above, but a teen now and more mature, just need to lay off beating yourself up a bit I think. You have a whole future ahead of ya.

Sumire is a pretty cool character, although she took me a bit to warm up to, because of her snobby behavior, she has an awesome weapon. Pretty nice development and a cool bot, so pretty awesome overall.

Edited by Jedi

Sorry, I might repeat a question or two cause I just skimmed over the last few pages.

1. Favourite movies? (apart from the obvious Star Wars)

2. Favourite cartoon series?

3. Where in the world would you like to vacation?

4. If you could only have one video game for the rest of your life, what would it be?

5. Impressions of me?

Sorry, I might repeat a question or two cause I just skimmed over the last few pages.

1. Favourite movies? (apart from the obvious Star Wars)

2. Favourite cartoon series?

3. Where in the world would you like to vacation?

4. If you could only have one video game for the rest of your life, what would it be?

5. Impressions of me?

1. Spaceballs, Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, A Knight's Tale, The Rookie, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I absolutely adore these movies ^^

2. Samurai Jack for sure, I used to watch it allllll the time as a kid. I'm still waiting on that movie ;~;

3. I think Germany would be a cool vacation spot. My parents lived there for a few years before I was born, when my Dad was in the military.

4. Hmm, I'd like to say something like Ogre Battle 64, but I'm gonna go with Smash 4, because I can play it with alot of people, and I love it.

5. A generally laid back dude, has some solid opinions, although I can get a bit heated with you (that Bethesda comment of mine was Not ok, I have a higher opinion of them then that).

You seem to just take everything in stride and its cool. Also really chill to discuss things with.

the star wars questions strike back!

I know you've given your thoughts on the prequels, but thoughts on Jar-Jar?

Have you played KotOR? If so, do you have a favorite companion?

Thoughts on the two CG Star Wars TV shows?

Did you like the old line animation Clone Wars show? How does it compare to the CG one in your opinion?

Thoughts on droids in Star Wars? Do you have a favorite droid?

What Sci-Fi work has your favorite depiction of robots?

If I were to PM you about the 7 people you want banned on SF, would you tell me?

Since you also have a low opinion of Konami right now as well, how much of that is due to them ditching their old, classic franchises like Contra, Gradius, and Twinbee? (I know my dislike for them roots from that significantly. Them getting Hudson Soft around 2010 and not doing anything with their franchises, especially Bomberman, also contributes greatly to my dislike for them)

Which SF member do you look up to the most, personality-wise?
What weapons do you think are underused and should be used/represented in fiction more? (Eg: scythes, bladed marionette puppets, pickaxes, etc.)
How would you react if you were driving/bussing one day and you saw a guy in a business suit and a suitcase unicycling to work?
Do you have any random or funny ideas that you think of reoccurring? (eg: having a sword fight with friends using fish, playing pinata with a beehive, etc.)
Since you said you think I'm weird, in what ways do you think I'm weird? Well, barring the above weird questions since you said I was weird before I posted those.

Jedidiah, I mentioned it briefly in another question, but that was some pages ago, no harm done.

Ah. That would definitely explain your username and a lot of other things. It's definitely a really cool name (much better than my real name).

I shall watch that clip in a bit, when I can.

Alright.

Also, I forgot to give you a bit of context: Harrison Wells is to Flash as Alfred is to Batman. Wells is the person who took care of Barry after he was struck by lightning and even helped train him to become The Flash and give him intel regarding the enemies he faces.

the star wars questions strike back!

I know you've given your thoughts on the prequels, but thoughts on Jar-Jar?

Have you played KotOR? If so, do you have a favorite companion?

Thoughts on the two CG Star Wars TV shows?

Did you like the old line animation Clone Wars show? How does it compare to the CG one in your opinion?

Thoughts on droids in Star Wars? Do you have a favorite droid?

What Sci-Fi work has your favorite depiction of robots?

I don't really like Jar-Jar that much, he's ok in the later movies with his reduced role.

I have, and my favorite companion is probably Mira from 2, shes awesome.

I haven't seen either of them, I can't give an opinion sorry.

I like the old animated clone wars, it was really epic and stylized.

The droids overall are a cool bunch of bots, I've always liked the R units because of well adorableness

Snatcher, a Sega CD game made by Kojima, because they were legit terrifying, I dno why I like that aspect, but its quite different from the usual "Protocol 1" stuff.

If I were to PM you about the 7 people you want banned on SF, would you tell me?

Since you also have a low opinion of Konami right now as well, how much of that is due to them ditching their old, classic franchises like Contra, Gradius, and Twinbee? (I know my dislike for them roots from that significantly. Them getting Hudson Soft around 2010 and not doing anything with their franchises, especially Bomberman, also contributes greatly to my dislike for them)

Which SF member do you look up to the most, personality-wise?
What weapons do you think are underused and should be used/represented in fiction more? (Eg: scythes, bladed marionette puppets, pickaxes, etc.)
How would you react if you were driving/bussing one day and you saw a guy in a business suit and a suitcase unicycling to work?
Do you have any random or funny ideas that you think of reoccurring? (eg: having a sword fight with friends using fish, playing pinata with a beehive, etc.)
Since you said you think I'm weird, in what ways do you think I'm weird? Well, barring the above weird questions since you said I was weird before I posted those.

I just may, you can try.

It's partly why I'm not liking them, I also really dislike the direction they put Castlevania in with Lords of Shadow.

Oh thats difficult, probably Shin or Boron.

Tonfa's I think need some more fictional use, they are really badass when used properly and we only really have a few in gaming.

I'd probably laugh really hard, and wonder why, and hope he didn't do so out of desperation.

Hmm, maybe hoping that a burger from the Nintendogs stage would land on Ice Sage again during one of our battles in smash. That was hilarious!

Well its not so much weird, is that you have an interesting way of thinking about or doing things. It's a bit of an awkward manner you have around things. If that makes any sense.

19. What would you say is your proudest acheivement?

20. What's one bad habit you have been trying to break?

21. What's the first thing you usually think about when you wake up?

19. Starting college. I never thought I would.

20. Getting upset at things that shouldn't bug me

21. "What do I have to do today..? Oh right. -lists stuff off in his head-"

Can you give your thoughts on each of the Original Star Wars Trilogy films?

What do you think of the Special Editions?

Jason Wingreen or Temuera Morrison: who is the better Boba Fett voice?

Do you have a favorite filmmaker?

Would your rather go to Mars and die young there or live in South Dakota for a full life?

Can you give your thoughts on each of the Original Star Wars Trilogy films?

What do you think of the Special Editions?

Jason Wingreen or Temuera Morrison: who is the better Boba Fett voice?

Do you have a favorite filmmaker?

Would your rather go to Mars and die young there or live in South Dakota for a full life?

Episode 4: Really awesome movie that establishes the universe at large, although it starts more subtle

Episode 5: Dark, awesome, action-packed and even a little comedic, really dig it. Yoda's teachings of Luke are nice, Lukes battle with Vader is awesome.

Episode 6: Awesome action scenes, an explosive end to the Luke & Vader conflict and a very awesome space battle, Ewoks were weird.

They barely add anything for the sake of Lucas adding special effects.

I think Wingreen did a better job but Morrison is pretty solid.

Mel Brooks! His comedies are great.

South Dakota with a full life, I wanna do quite a few things!

31. You're in an rpg/platformer/whichever genre strikes your fancy, what does the final dungeon look like, and what music does it have?

32. What weapon does your final boss fight with?

33. Favorite/most used quote or phrase?

34. Is there a concept, a human ideal, that you disagree with?

35. What technological convenience would you invent? Assuming it doesn't exist already.

36. Who do you think would be a good addition to the Shu roster?

37. Do you think Yuan Shao should be able to have a fictional conquest in later DW games?

Death Star I or II: which is cooler?

Favorite All Terrain walker?

Dianoga, Space Slug, or Rancor: which is your favorite?

Favorite alien race from Star Wars?

Did you watch the Clone Wars CG movie? If so, thoughts?

Edit: Favorite TIE variant?

am I asking too many Star wars questions?

Edited by shinpichu

Hey Jedi, can I ask some more?

Which SF skin do you use?

Why are you so interested in J-culture?

What is the most atrociously bad show you've ever watched (anime or otherwise)?

Wanna SMASH tonight?

Since I'm replaying Shining Force, what are your thoughts on Shining Force 1 & 2 & 2.5(Sword off Hajya)? Like...detailed thoughts, not just "oh i like em". If you haven't played one of them, sub it out for another SRPG that isn't Tactics Ogre because I don't want spoils for the ones I haven't beaten yet

Since we are on the topic of Star Wars.

What do you think of the new movie so far and the direction JJ Abrams is taking the series?

Better then Lucas with his prequels already I think, but JJ has some work to be done. Like he can do alternate retellings fine, (see Star Trek). But can he continue a franchise with very high expectations? We'll have to see.

31. You're in an rpg/platformer/whichever genre strikes your fancy, what does the final dungeon look like, and what music does it have?

32. What weapon does your final boss fight with?

33. Favorite/most used quote or phrase?

34. Is there a concept, a human ideal, that you disagree with?

35. What technological convenience would you invent? Assuming it doesn't exist already.

36. Who do you think would be a good addition to the Shu roster?

37. Do you think Yuan Shao should be able to have a fictional conquest in later DW games?

31. It would be a grand crystalline cave, beautiful and decked out with various designs, the music would be somber and have a finality to it.

32. A pair of Sai's and magic

33. What's in a name? that which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet

34. That might means right.

35. A teleportation device not unlike that in Star Trek.

36. I'm sure you know the answer, but Liao Hua.

37. Sure why not, a what if, if he like defeated Cao Cao at Guan Du and continued downward.

Death Star I or II: which is cooler?

Favorite All Terrain walker?

Dianoga, Space Slug, or Rancor: which is your favorite?

Favorite alien race from Star Wars?

Did you watch the Clone Wars CG movie? If so, thoughts?

Edit: Favorite TIE variant?

am I asking too many Star wars questions?

First one I think.

AT-AT is like really awesome and tanky.

Rancor, I actually quite liked that whole scene in RoTJ, and I hate fighting them in Kotor

Gonna go with Wookies, because big ol badass teddy bears.

I have not.

The Tie Interceptor was always really cool.

Yes omg lol

Hey Jedi, can I ask some more?

Which SF skin do you use?

Why are you so interested in J-culture?

What is the most atrociously bad show you've ever watched (anime or otherwise)?

Wanna SMASH tonight?

Since I'm replaying Shining Force, what are your thoughts on Shining Force 1 & 2 & 2.5(Sword off Hajya)? Like...detailed thoughts, not just "oh i like em". If you haven't played one of them, sub it out for another SRPG that isn't Tactics Ogre because I don't want spoils for the ones I haven't beaten yet

Sure, go ahead.

Magic Purple, like a MAN

I just absolutely love everything about it, the swords, the history, the various other weapons. The art, just everything interests me, it also seems like a country of romance, with how they portray things, and of course the cherry blossoms.. . China is another part of Asian civilization I really enjoy too.

Supernatural after the first few seasons got.. pretty bad and very pretentious.

DEPENDS ON IF I'M NOT BUSY.

Well I haven't played Shining Forco 1 & 2 so.. um

Ogre Battle 64, one of my absolute favorite games of all time, with alternate paths, endings, and various ways to make your units awesome, tons of replayablity, although when you know the game as well as I do you can bust it in half, it's very different from typical SRPG's because its more real time, while its battles do make everything pause, you have control over your units preferences in battle not who they will actually attack, so making a good series of characters make a unit work is pretty key. The alignment system is kinda wonky, and the chaos frame needed for the good ending are very guide dang it, but the game has looooads of content. Story is a mixed bag, but it was pretty decent at the time. The translation is semi wonky.

Disgaea 2 for the PS2, very hilarious yet actually good and dark at some times story, Disgaea 2 stars Adell, the only human left in his world, when in an attempt to summon the final boss to his home fails and Rozalin the daughter of said demon lord, arrives instead, he vows to bring her home and kick her Dads ass at that. Disgaea has a gameplay style kind of like FFT and TO but very stylized, and more based on extreme stats and flashy moves, the amount of content in the game is hilariously huge, you can cap at level 9999, and the challenge of the main quest ends at around level 70ish. (Unless you boost the levels of the enemies). However all the bonus content scales super hard, and you have alot of methods to grind which tend to change up.

Sword of Haiya, my first and only Shining Force game, I was impressed with the visuals for a GAMEGEAR game, Sega knows how to put graphics into even a small system, its fighting style is interesting and the fact that you can retreat and grind on maps is kinda funny, the story is pretty basic but it works, the scaling of the enemies is kinda weird because it feels stacked against you at first then it does 180, especially when you get May, overall a really fun game. That makes me wanna play more SHINING FORCO

I'm too lazy to look through pages of interview since I've been busy for the last few days, so I'm just gonna lob these at you even though I can poke you on Skype:

6. What are your first and current impressions of me?

7. What is your favorite Ragnarok Online class?

8. Nishiki or Flannel and why?

9. What is your favorite kind of cookie?

10. Do you condition your hair? If so, how often?

:3

Asian or European dragons?

Favourite kind of weather?

Favourite chapter in all of Fire Emblem?

What are some underrated games you'd recommend?

Now that Roy has the Koopa Car, how screwed is Bern?