SF Interviews - Nomination for #38

Makaze

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First: Very sensitive and passive. Avoids confrontation. One of the most feminine people I know.

Current: Has a mean streak. Perceptive but rarely shows it. Reminds me of one of the three things all wise men fear: "The anger of a gentle person."

MEANESTEST

I used to be nicer and people used to get scared when I snapped and got angry but now I've done it so often they're used to it so I dunno if the wise men quite fear it anymore~

I-I think I've had a few people say I was perceptive before but I really don't see where they're coming from I often feel more lost than anything ;~;

Oh oh oh has anybody asked your favourite flower yet? I had too much to catch up on ;u;

If not then WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FLOWER??

OR EVEN FAVOURITE PLANT???

Edited by Freohr Datia

1. First and current impressions of me?
2. Do you like animals or plants better?
3. Do you have a favorite commerical or advertisement?
4. What do you think is the most misunderstood thing about you?
5. If you got to burst in some very important world conference type meeting and got to have a song of your choice blaring in the background while you did it, what would you pick?

1. First and, if possible, current impressions of me? (Username used to be Necromancer)

2. Are there any achievements in your life that you are exceptionally proud of?

3. Do you have a set state of mind on what your future plans are?

4. What impressions do you have of yourself? Sort of like a self assessment really

5. Do you have a "good" relationship with your family?

thank you for your time

2) What are your thoughts on the Dark Knight trilogy? Which one is the best?

3) I know you've already somewhat touched upon this in other threads, but why do you like permadeath more in FE than in say, Final Fantasy Tactics?

4) Actually I have no idea what your hobbies are now that I think about it (which makes the last two questions suspect), so hobbies?

5) Kill, Fuck, Marry: Euklyd, Nightmare, Elieson.

first and current impressions of me

First: Doesn't like me. Says they will do things and then doesn't do them. Annoying.

Current: Has a reputation. Don't know what for other than being incompetent.

second and second last impressions of me

First: Don't remember.

Current: Tends to fly off the handle? Don't have much of an impression besides being recognizable.

1) First and current impressions of me.

First: Big shot Mafia player and host. Supposedly good.

Current: Actually good. No impression outside of Mafia.

Oh oh oh has anybody asked your favourite flower yet? I had too much to catch up on ;u;

If not then WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FLOWER??

OR EVEN FAVOURITE PLANT???

Flower: Blue rose? Not a big flower enthusiast.

Plant: Weeping willow.

1. First and current impressions of me?

2. Do you like animals or plants better?

3. Do you have a favorite commerical or advertisement?

4. What do you think is the most misunderstood thing about you?

5. If you got to burst in some very important world conference type meeting and got to have a song of your choice blaring in the background while you did it, what would you pick?

1. No impressions. Nothing I can remember other than your name.

2. Animals.

3. Yes.

4. My political/social philosophy.

5. "M" Is for Morphine

1. First and, if possible, current impressions of me? (Username used to be Necromancer)

2. Are there any achievements in your life that you are exceptionally proud of?

3. Do you have a set state of mind on what your future plans are?

4. What impressions do you have of yourself? Sort of like a self assessment really

5. Do you have a "good" relationship with your family?

thank you for your time

Necromancer? I'll be damned.

First: Naïve and impressionable, but not stupid.

Current: Less naïve. Growing into an intelligent and well-rounded person.

2. Slightly different from another question, but okay. I managed to make my immediate family more open minded on the whole. About religion, science, politics, everything. Satisfying.

3. Not exactly. I'm flexible. I only have one real goal: Gain means to live independently and support a lover.

4. All kinds. Too many to list, some of them contradictory. Got anything more specific?

5. Better than a lot of people I know, yes. On good terms with most of them. No enemies.

What planet are you from? I know it can't be Earth.

How do you think I am communicating so quickly if I am that far away?

Dear Makaze,

Are you, or are you interested in becoming, a supercomputer?

Yes and no. I'm interested in it if I am going to die otherwise.

Dear Makaze,

Are you, or are you interested in becoming, Gandalf?

Yes.

Dear Makaze,

Are you, or are you interested in becoming, offended by these goons?

No. That is, they should stop so I do not become offended.

2) What are your thoughts on the Dark Knight trilogy? Which one is the best?

3) I know you've already somewhat touched upon this in other threads, but why do you like permadeath more in FE than in say, Final Fantasy Tactics?

4) Actually I have no idea what your hobbies are now that I think about it (which makes the last two questions suspect), so hobbies?

5) Kill, Fuck, Marry: Euklyd, Nightmare, Elieson.

2. They are all good. Second or third are best. Great villains and character development. I was disappointed with the representation of Ra's al Ghul in Batman Begins.

3. I haven't actually played Final Fantasy Tactics.

I prefer permadeath in FE because that is what sets FE apart from most any other strategy game. Without it, FE might be like any other series. In some other strategy games, having your characters come back may help define the spirit of that game, too, and in that case I won't mind it, but I still wouldn't like it as much as FE.

I prefer permadeath to casual because it adds strategy to tactics. Permadeath creates a non-optional incentive for learning intuitive game theory. It forces the player to think outside of the box compared to other tactics games. There are multiple ways to win each fight, but you have to think about the long game instead of just the battle in front of you. In Casual, you can lose one unit every map and it will have virtually no effect on the outcome of the game. In permadeath, losing one each character map would lead to a game over every time. Forcing players to deal with a realistic sense of loss forces them to become better players, not just to win, but to not lose their friends and allies forever. It instills careful consideration and adds weight to every decision.

I wouldn't be the same person I am today if FE had been casual when I first started.

4. Coding, discussing things, playing games? I'm a big film and show enthusiast too.

5. Kill Elieson, Fuck Euklyd, Marry Nightmare. You each should know why.

Edited by Makaze

I haven't actually played Final Fantasy Tactics.I prefer permadeath in FE because that is what sets FE apart from most any other strategy game. Without it, FE might be like any other series. In some other strategy games, having your characters come back may help define the spirit of that game, too, and in that case I won't mind it, but I still wouldn't like it as much as FE.I prefer permadeath to casual because it adds strategy to tactics. Permadeath creates a non-optional incentive for learning intuitive game theory. It forces the player to think outside of the box compared to other tactics games. There are multiple ways to win each fight, but you have to think about the long game instead of just the battle in front of you. In Casual, you can lose one unit every map and it will have virtually no effect on the outcome of the game. In permadeath, losing one each character map would lead to a game over every time. Forcing players to deal with a realistic sense of loss forces them to become better players, not just to win, but to not lose their friends and allies forever. It instills careful consideration and adds weight to every decision.I wouldn't be the same person I am today if FE had been casual when I first started.

I am far from sure about that proposition. I think most fe games have more units than chapters. I think fe9 and 10 should both be bearable while killing a character every chapter. I dont know fe11 well, but I believe "hardcore" players tend to kill off a fair number of units just to access the gaiden. Fe4 probably wouldn't mind 6 characters gone from each generation.

Also, permadeath kinda sucks more in ff tactics because (imo) you are likely to have less units on par with where you're at in the game, unless you grind a lot. It does still offer you potential replacement for dead characters occasionally (musashi etc) but other than that unit replacements from hiring don't have much in the way of job skills unlocked. Iirc.

Edit: actually it is impossible to kill a character in every chapter in fe10 because the firsr few chapters do not allow any character deaths. Though that also means you wont really really suffer from permadeath.

Edited by Severlan

I am far from sure about that proposition. I think most fe games have more units than chapters. I think fe9 and 10 should both be bearable while killing a character every chapter. I dont know fe11 well, but I believe "hardcore" players tend to kill off a fair number of units just to access the gaiden. Fe4 probably wouldn't mind 6 characters gone from each generation.

I suppose you could win with only a handful of units. But it would be much harder. Weapon triangle control alone would become an issue. You get my point.

Quotes broke.

Also, permadeath kinda sucks more in ff tactics because (imo) you are likely to have less units on par with where you're at in the game, unless you grind a lot. It does still offer you potential replacement for dead characters occasionally (musashi etc) but other than that unit replacements from hiring don't have much in the way of job skills unlocked. Iirc.

To be fair, I think it works because you have three turns before a unit dies.

6) Favorite Baccano character? Why?

7) What do you look for when watching anime? What type of animes do you enjoy over others?

8) Are there any other game mechanics that you feel strongly about or similarly attached to like you are permadeath in FE (PS fuck english)?

9) If you had enough free time to make a successful Youtube channel, what would it be about?

10) What does the text under your username say?

What do you consider to be the meaning of life?

Favorite class in Fire Emblem?

Favorite videogame soundtrack?

1. The meaning of my life is hedonism. Pure and simple. I live to experience everything.

2. General for classic classes. Wyvern Knight and Dark Flier for others.

3. Kingdom Hearts II

To be fair, I think it works because you have three turns before a unit dies.

6) Favorite Baccano character? Why?

7) What do you look for when watching anime? What type of animes do you enjoy over others?

8) Are there any other game mechanics that you feel strongly about or similarly attached to like you are permadeath in FE (PS fuck english)?

9) If you had enough free time to make a successful Youtube channel, what would it be about?

10) What does the text under your username say?

6. Claire Stanfield. His outlook on life is similar to mine, taken to an extreme with amazing egotism.

7. Anything that challenges me in some way. Intellectually stimulating series are the best. Psychological series draw me in the most.

8. I don't know... Not many mechanics affected the way I think about things. That might be the only one.

9. Philosophy? Depends on what people wanted to talk about.

10. "To the fairest/for the most beautiful".

Necromancer? I'll be damned.

First: Naïve and impressionable, but not stupid.

Current: Less naïve. Growing into an intelligent and well-rounded person.

2. Slightly different from another question, but okay. I managed to make my immediate family more open minded on the whole. About religion, science, politics, everything. Satisfying.

3. Not exactly. I'm flexible. I only have one real goal: Gain means to live independently and support a lover.

4. All kinds. Too many to list, some of them contradictory. Got anything more specific?

5. Better than a lot of people I know, yes. On good terms with most of them.

I copied all that to help make sense of my added on questions.

6. what did ya mean by i'll be damned?

7. In terms of the self assessment, for want of being more specific, how about what you think of yourself in the area of interpersonal skills/ how you think you act around others?

8. Favourite Mumford and Sons song? i personally like Dust Bowl Dance

Edited by Jimi

First: A semi-active person who inexplicably has the respect and admiration of others in the FE4 thread. Seemingly intelligent.

Current: Same as before, but I understand a bit more now. Still a puzzle to solve.

Respect probably comes from being around since long ago (albeit semi-actively), admiration probably comes from being female. :S

A puzzle! That's interesting, I don't think I've heard anyone say that about me.

4. What are your views on marriage? (eg is it just a piece of paper or would you wait for the right person to marry for the rest of your life etc etc)

5. What are your reasons for not disclosing your gender?

6. Do you like to exercise control on all things?

PSA: I welcome questions that require long answers. Questions about who and what I am, my opinions on things, my reasons for thinking the things I do. Don't hold back on my account.

Whee.

7. Who and what are you?

Or if that wasn't a good question:

7.5. What do you think are your defining traits? What makes you you? Or do you have identity problems?

Edit: OK I'll stop editing this post.

Edited by NTG