RU:

Mega Sceptile

Mega Lopunny

Mega Pidgeot

NU:
Mega Glalie

Mega Steelix

Mega Audino

Also Mega Houndoom dropped from UU to RU, but then got permanently bumped up to BL2. lol

I think Mega Lopunny might be banned from RU. IDK

I've been playing showdown lately, using mega metagross, and I've been getting pretty good results with my team (winning 3/4 of the time, on average). It's pretty great.

A mega that REALLY surprised me was slowbro. When it was first revealed, i laughed it off because of, what i thought, was a bad ability, but wow, it gives me trouble. It's almost impossible to kill after some calm minds, and you can't even hope for a lucky crit. By far the biggest surprise I've had on the ORAS metagame

Edited by Google (1)

What are some counters/good checks to Greninja? It doesn't outright sweep my whole team on its own, but I definitely have to watch my step with it. Specially defensive Porygon2 seems like it would be a good check and sometimes even a counter to it, but Low Kick kind of scares me. Going halfway and trying to boost both defensive stats doesn't seem like a good idea either. I'm out of ideas :( I have a similar dilemma with Scarf Lando-T as well, but let's go one step at a time...

assault vest conkeldurr can take stuff like a boss. the only real risk i can see is getting hit by extrasensory, but that's rare on greninja. as long as you switch in on dark pulse/ice beam, you'd also at least be able to threaten with mach punch or react to a predicted switch in appropriately. you could also keep something like a scarfer or focus sash alakazam in the back for it if you really need it. i haven't been doing much ou lately but i think you just need to be careful when it's around. something else to keep in mind is that most greninja use life orb, and that in tandem with stealth rock limits the cheeky frog a bit so he can be picked off by miscellaneous attacks.

chansey is also a decent switch in i guess. 4 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Low Kick (60 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 218-257 (33.9 - 40%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

i kinda feel bad for arguing against the idea that greninja should be banned in the ou room at showdown now... his damage output is ridiculous.

assault vest conkeldurr can take stuff like a boss. the only real risk i can see is getting hit by extrasensory, but that's rare on greninja. as long as you switch in on dark pulse/ice beam, you'd also at least be able to threaten with mach punch or react to a predicted switch in appropriately. you could also keep something like a scarfer or focus sash alakazam in the back for it if you really need it. i haven't been doing much ou lately but i think you just need to be careful when it's around. something else to keep in mind is that most greninja use life orb, and that in tandem with stealth rock limits the cheeky frog a bit so he can be picked off by miscellaneous attacks.

chansey is also a decent switch in i guess. 4 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Low Kick (60 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 218-257 (33.9 - 40%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

i kinda feel bad for arguing against the idea that greninja should be banned in the ou room at showdown now... his damage output is ridiculous.

I think he's super versatile and covers anything the team is lacking. Or the team can easily cover what he's lacking. Honestly, I thought Talonflame was pretty bad (in a good way) but this guy's on another level after getting Gunk Shot. Well, I'm not gonna rant on stuff you already know haha. Anyways, so P2 would be good if he doesn't have Low Kick, AV Conk would be excellent if he doesn't have Extrasensory... ugh. How much of a loss is it if the AV gets knocked off? I think that's the biggest deciding factor for me at this point, I'll still try them both though.

EDIT: Oh, and personally, which do you prefer, Iron Fist, Sheer Force or Guts on Conk? All of them seem appealing.

Edited by intrusion

I run specially defensive rotom-w and assault vest conk on my team, and greninja hardly gives me any problem, so I'd say those are good checks (not saying it shouldn't be banned, though)

IMO, guts is the best ability for conk. Iron fist is also good, but sheer force isn't really good for it

Edited by Nobody

Guts AV Conk with Adamant nature, and heavy investment in Attack and Special Defence, then? I'm asking because some EV spreads suggested for this guy are very very messy. And how does specially defensive Rotom-W fare against Talonflame? I have a physically defensive one just for TF which has been pretty great in general but if the difference is negligible and SpDef Rotom-W is still a good check against many threats then I might breed another Rotom for Sp.Def.

And actually I've run into quite a few Extrasensory Greninja's, they seem to have it specifically for Venusaur o.O but maybe I've been battling the minority?

EDIT: (sorry for asking so many questions argh) also, Drain Punch and Mach Punch seem to be mandatory for AV Conk, and either Ice Punch or Knock Off would be the third move, depending on your team but how well does Poison Jab work as a coverage move? I understand that it's supposed to hit Fairies but it seems like Conk would just get Moonblasted into smithereens... and I don't want to use Stone Edge either because it has poor accuracy... would maybe a Ice Punch+Thunder Punch to make a pseudo-BoltBeam combination work well?

Edited by intrusion

Guts AV Conk with Adamant nature, and heavy investment in Attack and Special Defence, then? I'm asking because some EV spreads suggested for this guy are very very messy. And how does specially defensive Rotom-W fare against Talonflame? I have a physically defensive one just for TF which has been pretty great in general but if the difference is negligible and SpDef Rotom-W is still a good check against many threats then I might breed another Rotom for Sp.Def.

And actually I've run into quite a few Extrasensory Greninja's, they seem to have it specifically for Venusaur o.O but maybe I've been battling the minority?

EDIT: (sorry for asking so many questions argh) also, Drain Punch and Mach Punch seem to be mandatory for AV Conk, and either Ice Punch or Knock Off would be the third move, depending on your team but how well does Poison Jab work as a coverage move? I understand that it's supposed to hit Fairies but it seems like Conk would just get Moonblasted into smithereens... and I don't want to use Stone Edge either because it has poor accuracy... would maybe a Ice Punch+Thunder Punch to make a pseudo-BoltBeam combination work well?

Yeah, Guts AV with Adamant and SPDEF is pretty good. I run Drain Punch/Mach Punch/Ice Punch/Knock off on mine. I'd just have another thing to deal with fairies.

Specially defensive rotom-w is decent enough against Talonflame, but obviously not nearly as good as the physically defensive variety. It can check it pretty well, but after a swords dance, talonflame can 2HKO it.

252+ Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 74-87 (24.3 - 28.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 148-174 (48.6 - 57.2%) -- 47.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 111-131 (36.5 - 43%) -- 97.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Edited by Nobody

I don't think Serperior will be that good in OU with Contrary. It's definitely a huge buff for the Pokemon, but it's movepool really limits what it'll be able to do. It's very reliant on it's Hidden Power type to beat certain Pokemon. HP Fire is probably the best, but it'll get walled by Heatran, Dragons and Mega Venusaur. Mega Charizard X, and Mega Altaria to a lesser extent, will be able to use Serperior as set up fodder and it's always going to be afraid of Talonflame.

However, Seperior can play a role similar to Bisharp as a Defog blocker. Contrary will raise it's evasion from Defog making Rapid Spin essential to blocking hazards from it.

Edited by Floor Ice Cream

I don't think Serperior will be that good in OU with Contrary. It's definitely a huge buff for the Pokemon, but it's movepool really limits what it'll be able to do. It's very reliant on it's Hidden Power type to beat certain Pokemon. HP Fire is probably the best, but it'll get walled by Heatran, Dragons and Mega Venusaur. Mega Charizard X, and Mega Altaria to a lesser extent, will be able to use Serperior as set up fodder and it's always going to be afraid of Talonflame.

However, Seperior can play a role similar to Bisharp as a Defog blocker. Contrary will raise it's evasion from Defog making Rapid Spin essential to blocking hazards from it.

he gets dragon pulse from tutor

It's a real shame that Serperior's special movepool consists of Giga Drain, Leaf Storm, Dragon Pulse, and Hidden Power. Even with Contrary released it might be better off just running Overgrow SD or Coil, at least it has a slightly better physical movepool.

Serperior isn't slow enough to really take advantage of something like Trick room, so Coil is superior to Curse in every way... does it even learn Curse?

Anyway, it's got a few more physical moves to work with, Leaf Blade, Aqua Tail, Outrage, Dragon Tail, Iron Tail(only with Coil dear god it needs the acc boosts), Knock Off, Pursuit... Aerial Ace isn't great but it's movepool is really shallow so I'll mention it. It can at least make a functioning set... it gets Bind/Leech Seed so you could try a trapping set using it's bulk, and Glare is a neat toy since you can paralyze grounds with it...

Serperior isn't slow enough to really take advantage of something like Trick room, so Coil is superior to Curse in every way... does it even learn Curse?

Anyway, it's got a few more physical moves to work with, Leaf Blade, Aqua Tail, Outrage, Dragon Tail, Iron Tail(only with Coil dear god it needs the acc boosts), Knock Off, Pursuit... Aerial Ace isn't great but it's movepool is really shallow so I'll mention it. It can at least make a functioning set... it gets Bind/Leech Seed so you could try a trapping set using it's bulk, and Glare is a neat toy since you can paralyze grounds with it...

i meant that it could be used with contrary to act like agilty to outspeed faster stuff like scarfers