Am I the only one who is worried about this.

I just feel like in a crossover someone has to take the short end of the stick and I guess that this will either be a smt game or a fire emblem game I'm just worried how this will turn out I heard that Nintendo and IS are just consultants on the project my fears are most likely misplaced but I still don't want Fire emblem to be reduced to cameo status

I know that this sounds incredibly negative but I just feel this way when things like this happen

I'm worried if the game still happening TBH, since we've heard next to nothing for how many years? 1 or 2?

As for series representation, I'm not too worried since Layton x Ace Attorney showed you can have both series represented equally (granted they are different studios, but I'm sure Nintendo knows what they're doing).

Yeah there is a risk that that COULD happen. I'm excited and hopeful about this game but I also don't really know what to make of it since I've never even heard of SMT prior to the reveal of this game being in development. That's also why I kind of wish Atlus would show us something so I have a better idea of what kind of game it is period. Although that is unlikely because Atlus likes to keep their mouths shut until the last minute.

Edited by TacoMan42

You probably are. Not saying your worries are unfounded, but still.

I've seen crossovers of stranger things implement certain things rather well.

I doubt that it will merely be an SMT with FE cameos just as much as I doubt it will be an FE with SMT cameos.

Edited by Soledai

I think the idea of fire emblem characters being in the modern world sounds ridiculous, none of them would fit in plus the game may not even come out seeing as we've heard nothing for two years.

• 1 month later...

Considering it's being developed by Atlus, I always figured it'd lean more towards SMT style gameplay. My thought was that instead of summoning demons, the SMT characters would summon characters from FE games. Maybe a few FE characters are central to the story, but the rest would be peripheral "demons" that you could "summon" from the FE universe for specific battles, picking your favorites and leveling them up much like in a FE game.

I also think they'll use the turn-based battle system grid from Devil Survivor Overclocked, since it's more like the battle system of FE.

As for whether it ever happens, if we don't get news by E3, I'll figure it's been scrapped.

relax Atlus doesn't reveal much about their games until the game is about to come out. Persona 5 comes out this year and all we really know is what the main character looks like.

Edited by Bankai

I wasn't worried before but with the new FE announced today this could change things. Granted IS isn't actually developing the game but they are still advising and overseeing it. I can imagine if they think the new FE will take away from its thunder (which it probably will) then I could see Ninty/Atlus putting the can on this.

I wasn't worried before but with the new FE announced today this could change things. Granted IS isn't actually developing the game but they are still advising and overseeing it. I can imagine if they think the new FE will take away from its thunder (which it probably will) then I could see Ninty/Atlus putting the can on this.

Take away? Why would it take away thunder?

Actually, is the reason they aren't showing SMTxFE because it has the lord from this game?

Actually, is the reason they aren't showing SMTxFE because it has the lord from this game?

Interesting theory; maybe they're adding characters from If in order to keep up to date. Besides, the golden rule is still in effect: Unless Nintendo says otherwise, it's still coming.

That I did not know/ heard nothing about. It has the lord from the new fire emblem that was announced today?

I thought Atlus was known for revealing very little details about the games that they end up producing. In a way, it makes sense to not reveal too much about a game and put arbitrary deadlines on it. By creating deadlines you end up rushing productions and often times lose out on quality. I believe I recall Sakurai on the smash series with Melee saying very much the same thing. Feeling very stressed about trying to complete the game by appropriate deadlines.

If Atlus is in some agreement with Nintendo over the game being released, then it would make sense I feel that Atlus may have gotten some say in how this release ends up working. Especially if it means Nintendo gets better ties to a developer which I find primarily develops on the PS platform in recent times.

I thought Atlus was known for revealing very little details about the games that they end up producing. In a way, it makes sense to not reveal too much about a game and put arbitrary deadlines on it. By creating deadlines you end up rushing productions and often times lose out on quality. I believe I recall Sakurai on the smash series with Melee saying very much the same thing. Feeling very stressed about trying to complete the game by appropriate deadlines.

If Atlus is in some agreement with Nintendo over the game being released, then it would make sense I feel that Atlus may have gotten some say in how this release ends up working. Especially if it means Nintendo gets better ties to a developer which I find primarily develops on the PS platform in recent times.

Atlus does a lot of development on Nintendo's handhelds just not on their consoles.

I think the real issue was just Index went backrupt, they didn't know if they could keep people paid. Then Sega bought them and rearranged properties a bit so they had to get their shit together.

I had the same worry as Vincent up there, but I think it should be fine. I have faith in Atlus, they make some wonderful games. Here's hoping they find a way to mash the game play of both together in a fluid way.

Personally I'm just excited to see the lords of times now passed in roles bigger than bonus box / one line in DLC characters in Awakening. : )

Doesn't Atlus have a history of keeping their lips sealed until near the release date of the game? It was a while ago, but they confirmed at E3 that it was still in development, and that they couldn't say much about it.

They talk about their games a lot more since they have been bought by Sega. They announce games then show off a lot of that game. So many games got weekly updates after announcements. Persona 5 still doesn't have much details and we have known about that less long. However, we actually know a lot more about Persona 5 then we know about SMT X Fire Emblem plus it releases for sure 2015.