A Hero's Journey

Mufasa

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit! I had to go downstairs and watch a movie, so I couldn't finish reading. But now I have.

Sheesh... I was freakin scared. If something was to happen to Feil... I've gotta go up early tomorrow so that I can read the next episode before I go to school.

Dammit! I had to go downstairs and watch a movie, so I couldn't finish reading. But now I have.

Sheesh... I was freakin scared. If something was to happen to Feil... I've gotta go up early tomorrow so that I can read the next episode before I go to school.

Lol. Screwing with your schedule so you can read my story? Wow. (I should think about making this some sort of career..)

New Episode: The Dark World.

*The group rushes out of the portal, Hexblade pushing them from behind. The group finds themselves inside a tower. Full windows showing just how high they are. Outside, the weather is stormy. Thunder cackles through the sky, and rain pelts the windows.*

Hexblade: How fitting....

Zero: What the hell is going on!?

Hexblade: Did you not see the shadows that were going to envelop the entire plateau we were on!? She dispatched the galilean soldiers easily enough. We wouldn’t stand a chance.

Bizz: But you fought her before and survived. Couldn’t you-

Hexblade: Strong as I am, I can’t protect all of you from that. Plus, she has gotten stronger. Twice as much as before. I don’t think I can beat her as I am now. At the very least, one of you would die. It was better that we fled.

Ocelot: But what’s to stop her from coming here? She’s just gonna go after us eventually.

Hexblade: Not necessarily. She isn’t after us specifically. So we can flee her long enough to formulate a plan.

Princess Kilvas: But how many people will she kill in the process! We need to stop her now!

Hexblade: If we make an attempt now, we’ll just be sending us to our own graves. Then who will stop her?

Zero: Where the hell is the rest of this Demonclaw Syndicate!? As of now, all we’ve seen is you and Lyle, and you sent him away!

Hexblade: The Demonclaw Syndicate can’t focus on one threat at a time. There are more than one person trying to take over the world right at any given time. Nemzadi is just one of them.

Zero: But Nemzadi is-

Hexblade: I know! Hence the dilemma! Shut-up! *The group sits in silence. Hexblade sits down indian style to try and concentrate. After a few minutes, he breathes in, and out.* We want to stop Nemzadi before she hurts too many people. But we need to formulate a plan to do so. While, she won’t come after us for a time, there are others who need our help to at least get them away from her assault.

Bizz: What if we split up? Some of us can hunt Nemzadi and try to push her back, while the others- HEXBLADE! LOOK OUT!

Hexblade: !!! *He turns his head to see a shadow come out of the ground to attack him. He quickly avoids the attack.*

Nemzadi: *The shadow forms into her regular shape, as the thunder outside illuminates the room.* What makes you think that I will not target you Hexblade?

Hexblade: *He unsheathes his blades.* So....you can hear our conversations?

Nemzadi: I am stronger than I was before. I am everywhere where there are shadows. Those whom I take into the shadows, I gain their strength.

Hexblade: So your power must be much stronger after you enveloped the galilean warriors.

Nemzadi: Indeed. I have been watching you Hexblade. Even though I was in a weakened state, you still managed to survive against me, when I first came to be. And you continued to avoid my assaults. Predicting where I would strike. You are quite the man.

Hexblade: And you certainly are quite a woman.

Ocelot: Does he HAVE to flirt with our enemy?

Freohr: Hm?

Ocelot: Nevermind...

Zero: Ocelot. This is no time for jokes...We may very well die here...

Bizz: *She places a hand on her sword.*

Nemzadi: Do not unsheathe your blade girl. Unless you wish to be devoured sooner.

Hexblade: Bizz. Don’t.

Bizz: B-but-!

Hexblade: So. You’re targeting me? *He sighs.* And here I was hoping that with the death of the galilean soldiers the attacks on my life would cease...

Nemzadi: Do not be foolish.

Hexblade: Yeah. I suppose I was.

Nemzadi: I mean, I do not wish to kill you.

Hexblade: Hm? *He puts on a smug bravado.* I guess I’ve seduced you with my charms, and you don’t want to kill anyone anymore.

Princess Kilvas: (He’s cute, but he’s not THAT cute.) *She pouts at Hexblade’s egotism.*

Nemzadi: Hardly. I am not swayed by the appeal of men. No matter how attractive you are by your species standards.

Hexblade: Ho? So you like women then? Well there are three cute girls over there, if that might sway you.

*The girls stare at Hexblade.*

Zero: *He facepalms.* Even in the heat of battle, he manages to systematically offend someone.

Nemzadi: Luckily for you, your blades are sharper than you wit Hexblade. And I am searching for YOU. Not your weak friends.

Hexblade: If it’s not for sex, then I don’t really care. *His serious attitude returns, as he charges her head on.*

Nemzadi: Do you not remember the fate of Ganymede? *The shadows surround Hexblade.*

Hexblade: *His aura explodes, dispersing the shadows. He slashes at Nemzadi’s throat.*

Nemzadi: *She simply arches her eyebrow as the blade passes through her neck.*

Hexblade: Shit! *He jumps back, avoiding more shadows. He skids to a stop, his blades poised. He scowls at her.*

Nemzadi: That’s a good face to have Hexblade. Anger and determination. No face is better for a warrior. It adds to your physical appeal.

Hexblade: *He returns to his smug attitude.* So. You do find me attractive eh?

Nemzadi: Somewhat. But not enough to sway my goals.

Hexblade: Ah well. *He sends a blade flying towards her.*

Nemzadi: *She ignores it, as the blade passes through her.* Your weapons cannot hurt me Hexblade. And neither can yours Zero.

Zero: *His hand on Gerofu, he stops dead in his tracks.* H-how does she know my name!?

Nemzadi: Did I not say I’ve been watching you all? I know all of you. And like Bizz before you, if you unsheathe your weapon, I shall envelop you all.

Hexblade: Just calm down Zero. Remember what I told you.

Nemzadi: Calm down yourself Hexblade. You have yet to hear the reason I have been searching for you.

Hexblade: It’s simple. You seek to devour my power. I don’t need to hear your reasons.

Nemzadi: That’s somewhat correct.

Hexblade: Hm?

Nemzadi: I seek your power. But not to devour it.

Hexblade: ....

Nemzadi: I wish for you to join me.

*The room goes quiet, only the pelting of the rain making any noise.*

Hexblade: You made the same offer to Callisto and his group. And look what happened to them.

Nemzadi: They refused my offer. And they are not nearly as qualified to be my aide. You are much stronger than they. And I can help you to become stronger.

Zero: You’re freaking crazy lady! You’re trying to destroy the world! Why the hell would Hexblade join you!?

Nemzadi: I am not seeking to destroy it. But to control it. Hexblade will be the king of shadows.

Hexblade: ....

Bizz: That’s hardly any better!

Hexblade: The two of them are right Nemzadi. It’s a crazy offer. No one in their right mind would take it. And after fighting against you, it would go against several of my principles.

Nemzadi: ....

*The room remains quiet. All of them awaiting what comes next.*

Hexblade: To give you a straight answer, Nemzadi, Queen of the shadows.....

I’m in.

To Be Continued

Next Episode: The rise of the shadow’s hand.

Even better. XD

Ya know, I've noticed. It's called "A Hero's Journey", Yet it revolves around Hexblade. :mellow:

XD

;_; I know...

It's hard for it not to though. Considering that he's the one everyone wants to kill.

Plus, with things going the way they are, Hexblade won't really be the focus anymore. I kinda realized the focus wasn't so much on Zero early on. So I though of how to change the focus. And I figured it out. It took me longer than I hoped to get there though. ;_;

;_; I know...

It's hard for it not to though. Considering that he's the one everyone wants to kill.

Plus, with things going the way they are, Hexblade won't really be the focus anymore. I kinda realized the focus wasn't so much on Zero early on. So I though of how to change the focus. And I figured it out. It took me longer than I hoped to get there though. ;_;

That's fine. It's Still an epic story. XD

That's fine. It's Still an epic story. XD

*Still feels bad.*

Still, do you see an ending comming soon? Lol.

I could post the next chapter now. That one focuses a decent amount on Zero.

Make it about me! XD

^^^that's a joke. ;)

A big one

Anyway,

Hexblade: I guess I can forgive you guys for not knowing what it looks like or how it feels, but look over there. *He points in the opposite direction. Sweeping across the valley is a river of shadows.* Nemzadi. The incredibly hot Queen of shadows that I told you about.

LOL, and what I say was funny too.

Another skill you have is foreshadowing, Lyle. Either that, or I watch too much TV. I don't wanna give out my guess, not even in a spoiler tag. *gasp*

Edited by Ocelot the Viper

Make it about me! XD

^^^that's a joke. ;)

A big one

Anyway,

Hexblade: I guess I can forgive you guys for not knowing what it looks like or how it feels, but look over there. *He points in the opposite direction. Sweeping across the valley is a river of shadows.* Nemzadi. The incredibly hot Queen of shadows that I told you about.

LOL, and what I say was funny too.

Another skill you have is foreshadowing, Lyle. Either that, or I watch too much TV. I don't wanna give out my guess, not even in a spoiler tag. *gasp*

Send your theory to me via PM then.

New Episode: The rise of the shadow’s hand.

*Without any other words, and before they can react, Hexblade spins on his feet and charges for the rest of the crew.*

Ocelot: !!! *Hexblade swings his sword, and slashes Ocelot’s chest, then knocks him in the face and he collapses to the ground.*

Princess Kilvas: *She coughs up blood as Hexblade grabs her and knees her in the stomach. She also collapses to the ground.*

Freohr: *As Hexblade spins, the hilt of one of his blades hits her in the temple, knocking her out as well.*

Zero: *Hexblade he swings his blade down onto Zero, but he manages to block with Gerofu.*

Hexblade: *He smiles.* I figured out of everyone, you’d be the one to be able to block my blow.

Zero: You were planning for this?!

Hexblade: It’s not like that. I’ve just considered the possibility that this could happen at some point.

Zero: You bastard! I knew we shouldn’t have trusted you.

Hexblade: Yet you did. And you still have a lot to learn. *One of his other blades swings to the side in an attempt to slash Zero’s ribs.*

Zero: !!!

Bizz: *She places her blade in the way. Saving Zero. Tears are in her eyes.* W-why?

Hexblade: Why? *He breaks the contact with them, and steps back toward Nemzadi.* Let’s look at some facts here. One, we have no plan to defeat her and any of my attacks prove to be futile against her. Two, she’s offering me a luxury position as her right hand man. A person would be blinded by their own pride if they weren’t going to consider the deal. And three, look at her. A girl like this, asking me to be her king? There ain’t a sweeter deal than that.

Zero: You....*He raises Gerofu and crashes down against the ground with all his strength.* BASTARD!!!

Hexblade: *He simply sidesteps the crack in the ground that forms.* Hah! You can’t even control that thing Zero.

Zero: Dammit...*He looks to Princess Kilvas, which only infuriates him more.*

Nemzadi: You should be happy. Hexblade is the one to kill you. If it were me. None of you would retain your souls.

Hexblade: There you go. So in the end, I’m helping you guys by betraying you.

Bizz: *Through her tears.* How can you say that!?!?! Hexblade....

Hexblade: *Showing no remorse for his actions, nor any sympathy for Bizz, he charges again and punches her in the stomach the same he did Princess. He turns his attention to Zero. He grins.*

Zero: *Noticing the look in Hexblade’s eyes, he sees it’s the same as when he killed Io.* You...monster...

Hexblade: You have no idea. *He swings three blades.*

Zero: *He blocks with his arms and Gerofu, though Hexblade slashes his arms. Zero winces.* Rgh!

Hexblade: *He continues his charge, six blades spinning around him, Zero avoiding them barely. Each swing has the potential to end his life.* Come on Zero! I taught you better than that!

Zero: *He steps backwards, until he finds himself hitting the window behind him.* Shit.

Hexblade: Here. Let me give you some more room. *He sends two blades flying into the window behind Zero.*

Zero: *He shirks as the shards of glass cuts his body.* Ngh. *The rain pours onto Zero.* You-

Hexblade: I’m a bastard, I know. Give it a rest already. *He swings another blade.*

Zero: *He raises Gerofu in time to block the blade. He steps out onto the balcony behind him where the storm is raging even more fiercely than he imagined.* He turns around and attempts to make a break for it.*

Hexblade: *He laughs.* You’re not getting away Zero. *He runs after him.*

Zero: *He runs around the balcony, when he realizes two things. One, the only way down would be to jump, which wouldn’t help him. Secondly, and ironically, the tower is built in the shape of a hexagon, and as far as he runs, he’ll just end up in the same place.* Damn.

Hexblade: *He spots Zero on the balcony in the rain. He says nothing, but waves cheerfully.*

Zero: (That asshole.) *He scowls. Then he starts running away, careful not to slip on the water.*

Hexblade: *He speaks frankly.* That’s not gonna save you Zero.

Zero: *He gives Hexblade a dirty look as he runs. Turning his attention back to the area in front of him, he nearly gets his faced impaled by one of Hexblade’s floating sword, as it spins around the balcony. Zero slips under the blade, thanking the gods above for the railing, as he wildly slips into it. Grasping it for sheer life he looks at the fall that he was inches away from experiencing. He carefully gets up and runs again, but right into Hexblade. For a moment the two lock eyes.*

Hexblade: *He grabs Zero by the chest and flings him inside, through another window.*

Zero: *He tumbles on the ground. His entire body aches. He looks to find Nemzadi watching the entire fight. He gets up, miraculously still holding Gerofu.* If...if I kill you...

Nemzadi: You cannot kill me.

Zero: But if I do..*He raises Gerofu.*

Hexblade: *He punches Zero, sending him falling back towards the others.*

Zero: *Realizing he dropped Gerofu, he looks around, his vision blurred. He spots Princess and Bizz and his heart is filled with anger again. He turns.* I’m going to beat you.

Hexblade: *He looks down at Zero.* No you’re not. And you know it Zero. Give up.

Zero: *He realizes Hexblade is right.* Hexblade...all this time. We’ve traveled together. All the times you’ve helped us. All those times you’ve saved our lives. When we saved yours...Everything we’ve been through together. *He looks up at Hexblade.* Doesn’t that mean anything to you?

Hexblade: *The look on his face, appears as though he were trying to decide on what color shirt to wear. Zero realizes then, just how twisted Hexblade is. He looks back to Zero and shrugs.*

You’d think.

Zero: *Pain erupts from his chest. He looks down to see Hexblade’s sword piercing his chest. His entire body betrays him, as he can no longer breath, and his muscles give in.*

Hexblade: *He glares down at Zero, taking his sword out of his chest, then turn and heads back to Nemzadi.*

Zero: *Blood emanates from his chest, his body collapses on the ground. He turns his head just enough to see Hexblade and Nemzadi. Unable to make out words, he sees the pair standing together. As a final goodbye, Hexblade smiles and waves at Zero. He and Nemzadi disappear into the shadows, as Zero finally loses out to his body’s failure.*

To Be Continued

Next Episode: A spark of hope

;____;

ZEEEEEEERRRROOOOOO!! D:

This makes me wanna draw a pic of Zero and Hexblade fightin'. XD

*Laughs evilly some more.*

I certainly wouldn't stop you from doing so. Lol. I'd even pay for it if you'd like.

Wow... I didn't expect that to happen.

...Ah, well. As long as nothing happens to Feil, then it's fine with me.

Lol. Feil fangirlism.

New Episode: A spark of hope

*???*

Zero: *He lies in a pool of nothingness. All around him, there’s nothing but swirls of colors. He looks around, seeing nothing to tell him where he is. He reaches out to a swirl, his sense of distance off. He moves through the area. He stumbles across a hexagon. The solidarity of the color, that seems strangely familiar to Zero, allows it to stick out. He reaches for it, and the world suddenly stops it’s flow as he touches it. The colors fade and turn to black and red. Thunder cackles and rain pours. He finds himself in sheer pain as he clutches his chest, where the pain originates. It spreads across his body like fire. He flails his arms, reaching for some sort of assistance. His hand touches the hilt of a weapon. He looks to see a familiar axe. Suddenly the pain recedes, and is replaced by a feeling of strength, and a sense of determination. The thunder stops, and the rain slows, as the red hexagon reappears. Zero spots it, his axe in hand. The cause for all his pain, all his suffering, the disturbance of the world. He lifts his axe and swings at the hexagon with all his strength. It splits in two, and the world goes blank.*

Zero: ....*He slowly opens his eyes. He feels warm. He notices that he’s in a bed. He grasps his chest in pain as he tries to sit up.*

???: Take it easy.

Zero: !! *He looks to the side to see Odion sitting in a wooden chair beside him.* You! *He reaches for Gerofu, when he realizes that his weapon isn’t around.*

Odion: What? Is that what you call the guy who saved your life?

Zero: What? *He remembers himself.* Hexblade...Wait! Where are the others!?

Odion: They’re here. They’re all fine. The only one other than yourself who’s life was in danger was that Ocelot fellow.

Zero: ...So what do you plan to do with us?

Odion: Not up to me. It’s Lal’s thing.

Zero: .....

Odion: Try not to get too worked up. That Freohr girl sealed your wound when you woke up, but you’re still in no position to move.

Zero: How did I survive?

Odion: Me and Lal felt Hexblade and Nemzadi’s aura. So we went to check it out. Lucky for you, Lal has some healing prowess and we got their in time to stop most of the bleeding. When Freohr came to, she patched you up.

Zero: Why did you do that? We’re enemies.

Odion: *He opens his mouth to respond, when the door opens. The rest of the group are standing in the doorway, and Princess Kilvas and Bizz go running to Zero.*

Bizz: Zero!

Princess Kilvas: You’re okay!

Zero: *The two of them hug him, as he stares at Lalmeyde.* So...

Lalmeyde: I’m glad to see that you’re alright.

Zero: Why did you save us?

Lalmeyde: I wouldn’t let someone injured die.

Zero: But we fought each other. We’re enemies.

Lalmeyde: No. Now we are allies. We share a common enemy.

*The room goes silent for a minute.*

Ocelot: Here’s a question, the galilean soldiers are all dead. Why do you want to kill Hexblade? You don’t get any money.

Lalmeyde: The reason we needed the money was to hire mercenaries. Now that we have you. We don’t need to.

Freohr: Why do you need us?

Odion: *He looks at Lalmeyde with concern.*

Lalmeyde: *He holds out a blade, wrapped in similar bandages as around his face.* I am the one destined to take down Nemzadi, the queen of shadows.

Princess Kilvas: What!?

Lalmeyde: Legends speak of four people. Each meant to take down one of the four monsters that plague the world. Of those four, two have been defeated. The lord of demons was killed millennias ago, and only a few years ago was the lord of devils finally defeated by Rauz Chisean. In my clan, it is said, that I am the one to finally defeat Nemzadi, queen of shadows. This blade, is made of the same substance, that was used to keep Nemzadi sealed away. It can cut the shadows.

Zero: So why do you need us?

Lalmeyde: I can’t defeat her on my own. I’ll need you to occupy her and whatever she throws at us.

Zero: It’s fine by me. I think we have to. It’s our only way to get home. Plus we have a debt to settle with Hexblade. *He clenches his fists.*

Lalmeyde: Which brings me to my next point.

Bizz: Hm?

Odion: As Lal said before, we’ll need all of us to take down Nemzadi. However, now that Hexblade has joined our enemy, we need someone to take him down as well.

Ocelot: Why can’t we do it?

Lalmeyde: Frankly, because not one of us is powerful enough to take him out, and we need all the support we can get.

Princess Kilvas: Then who? Who can defeat Hexblade on their own? Another of the Demonclaw Syndicate.

Lalmeyde: *He shakes his head.* It has to be someone we can access quickly.

Freohr: Then who?

Odion: Callisto.

Zero: Callisto?

Ocelot: Maybe you didn’t know this, but Callisto is dead. He was killed by Nemzadi. Remember?

Lalmeyde: Wrong. He was defeated. But he managed to survive. I felt his aura after the battle. It was unstable and weak. But he’s still alive. If we can find him, we can get him to help us.

Bizz: How will we do that?

Odion: We’ll work that out when we find him.

Lalmeyde: Indeed. *He unwraps the blade, it’s a white crystal-like blade that seems to glow. He slides the blade under one of the wraps of the bandages on his face. Then he cuts. The bandages fall to the ground, revealing his face. It is of an orange hue, and he looks devilishly handsome. His only flaw, which could be overlooked easily, is that he has a second set of nostrils. But almost unnoticeable.*

Princess Kilvas: Oh my....

Bizz: Oooo.....

Ocelot and Zero: *They glare at the two.*

Lalmeyde: I suppose you all have lots to discuss. Come Odion. We shall leave them to their own for now.

*He exits the room.*

Odion: *He gets up out of his chair, grumbling.* I’m not a dog....*He exits the room and closes the door behind him.*

Princess Kilvas: Zero...Are you okay?

Zero: I’m fine...

Bizz: Are you sure?

Zero: Yes. Freohr did a good job healing me. Thank you Freohr.

Freohr: Oh! Er. Don’t mention it!

Ocelot: So. About Hexblade...

Zero: I wish....I wish I could defeat him...I tried to do it. But he’s too strong. I couldn’t even make a scratch on him.

Princess Kilvas: None of us could Zero. You were the only one to stop him from beating you in one strike.

Zero: And look where that got me.

Bizz: Zero...

Ocelot: Look, Lalmeyde seems to know what he’s doing. It’s a long shot for victory, but I think we can do it.

Freohr: I agree!

Zero: ...Then we’ll work with Lalmeyde. Then we’ll find Nemzadi and Hexblade, and we’ll show him what it means to mess with us.

*Another plane.*

Hexblade: *He watches as Nemzadi engulfs an entire town.* ....

Nemzadi: Does this upset you Hexblade?

Hexblade: ...Not in the slightest.

Nemzadi: I have been thinking, Hexblade. In order to make you more powerful, I shall give you my shadows. You will belong to me, but your power will increase.

Hexblade: Forgive me if I decline your offer Nemzadi.

Nemzadi: Pardon?

Hexblade: Perhaps later. But for now, I must be able to act of my own free will in order to better serve you. If you force me to obey your every whim, even if I get stronger, my lack of free will, will prevent me from being able to battle in the same free way I am used to. If I do disobey you, you can simply engulf me at any time.

Nemzadi: ....I suppose you are correct. But if you act in a way that I feel is traitorous...

Hexblade: I have already prepared my will, just in case.

Nemzadi: ....

To Be Continued

Next Episode: The Quest for the Unholy Callisto.