A Hero's Journey

Mufasa

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You bet it was!

Another nice chapter! It's almost like a new beginning! :rolleyes:

Hm. It seems like it might be a new beginning actually. From now on I have everything planned out, and it's pretty awesome.

So stay tuned! XD

You've been reading my story?

Yes. Why are you surprised? I don't usually comment on stories though.

Edited by Harvey Berin

*Shrugs.*

I dunno. I haven't really seen you reading either.

I know the feeling. On my story I saw Snow read it and I was all like :OMG YOU READ MY STORY?

Edited by Harvey Berin

Ohhh, I'm so happy Feil survived! You all probably know that already... ;)

Funny, I read some of the first chapters last night. The part when Feil and Skral speek of Io in that bar. Funny he showed up like that after...

I have a feeling Hex is going to hurt himself because he is using his "true" power.

I'll wait and see if I guess right.

He isn't like Kakashi.... Lol. But you'll see.

*yawns*

Guess that was my bedtime story =)

Great work Lyle =o

(It was certainly MY bedtime story.) Lol. Thanks Freohr.

Ohhh, I'm so happy Feil survived! You all probably know that already... ;)

Funny, I read some of the first chapters last night. The part when Feil and Skral speek of Io in that bar. Funny he showed up like that after...

Lol. There's a lot of stuff that I've put in my story that you guys might have placed out of mind. Io was an example of this. You probably all forgot that he was searching for Hexblade, while all the rest of this crap was going on.

But there's a few others. I can't tell you guys them though. Cause that would spoil the story. You're free to figure them out on your own though.

New Episode: Hexblade’s finest moment. Part 2.

Hexblade: *His aura settles down, but it encircles his body like an outline. He looks at Io smugly.*

Io: *He snarls.* Not bad. But I’m still gonna behead you! *He flashes again, and moves to pierce Hexblade’s side.*

Hexblade: *He blocks the attack with his own blade, as another blade moves to stab Io from behind.*

Io: *He dodges the blade from behind him, which stops short of piercing Hexblade. Then he avoids more slashes by flashing away again. Then he snarls again.*

Hexblade: *He shrugs.* What’s wrong? Can’t take a little pressure?

Io: What’s with you? What was that mask? A seal?

Hexblade: Huh? You’re reading way too far into this guy. I just discarded it. Along with my restraint. *He flashes now and attacks Io from the front.*

Io: !!! *He bends backwards to avoid the slashes of Hexblade’s swords.*

Hexblade: Weren’t prepared for that huh?

Io: *He props himself up using his feet, and kicks Hexblade in the chest, knocking him back, and giving Io a chance to recover his footing.*

Hexblade: *He rubs his chest, brushing off the dirt from Io’s boots.* Ouch. That was uncomfortable. *He glances to the others.* How are you guys doing over there?

*The group just stares at him as if he has three heads.*

Zero: It’s official. This guy is crazy.

Hexblade: Hah. I heard that. *He blocks a blow from Io, without even turning his head to address him.*

Io: GRRR!!

Hexblade: Huh? You’re still here?

Io: DIE!! *He attacks furiously. Striking every which way he can. Hexblade continues to block. Making it seem like Hexblade knows exactly when, where, and how Io will strike.*

Hexblade: *He yawns. Simply to taunt Io.* How tedious...

Io: *He stops his assault.* Rrrr.

Hexblade: What’s this? Giving up?

Io: Don’t think you’re the only one with tricks up his sleeve.

Hexblade: *His face goes serious again.* Fine. Then let’s both stop messing around. *He lets go of his two blades, and the six swords start spinning around his body at exuberant speed.* You better do the same. Or else as soon as I walk near you, you’ll be cut to ribbons.

Io: *His own aura, surrounds him, Not nearly as vibrant, but just as intense.* One of us dies here.

Hexblade: Indeed. But it won’t be me.

Io: *He charges, but then steps back as Hexblade’s swords attack him.* Rgh...

Hexblade: Skilled and fast as you are, you can’t keep up with my blades. I suppose Ganymede and Callisto didn’t say I would be this powerful, correct? Well, to tell the truth, I held back in the tavern. Too many innocent people. Here, there aren’t too many people that couldn’t handle my aura.

Io: Rrggh...*He jumps back, out of range of Hexblade’s blades. Then he holds out his hands at his side.*

Hexblade: Hm?

Io: This goes against a lot of my battle beliefs. And I don’t usually do this, *His hands start glowing in a sulfur-like yellow.* But the best way to beat you, is with ranged attacks. *Two balls of energy form in his hands. He combines the two together, and it forms a energy ball, five times bigger than the two original.* NOW YOU DIE!! *He throws the sphere at Hexblade.*

Hexblade: Shit! *His six blades make an attempt to block the ball of energy, but the blast pushes Hexblade back. He slowly gets pushed back by the deadly energy ball. After resisting for some time, the blast wins the battle, and sends Hexblade and itself flying into the front of the cathedral, burning some of the chairs on the way to it.*

Io: *He starts laughing. Admiring the demise of his enemy. Then he turns to the rest of the crew.* Now it’s time for you to die. *He preps his blades.*

Zero: *He readies Gerofu, not willing to go down without a fight.*

Hexblade: *He comes out of the rubble.* Hold up! Don’t count me dead after one semi-good move. *He brushes his shoulders off.* There’s a lot more to me than that Io.

Io: *He growls.* Just give yourself up to death!

Hexblade: I don’t give up to anyone. Especially not to someone that I can win against.

Io: *He snarls.* You’ll regret taunting me....

Hexblade: No, I don’t think I will. Listen closely. When I first started, six was the maximum number of blades I could lift with my aura. I was nowhere near ready to battle using six blades, but I could lift them. Eventually it got to the point where I mastered using six blades. And I continue to use only six as a tribute to when I first started. A reminder for me to not forget about my origins. And about how far I’ve come. But let me tell you a little secret.

Io: *He stares at Hexblade, his upper lip twitching.*

Hexblade: As of today, the number of swords I can lift comfortably with my aura, is 472.

*The group is shocked. Io simply stares at him.*

Hexblade: Of course, it would be a pain in the ass to carry around 472 swords all the time, but just because I use swords, doesn’t mean I can’t use something else. *Without warning, chairs, poles, any sort of object not tied to the ground start lifting off it as per Hexblade’s orders.* Die. *The objects all attack Io simultaneously, crushing, bashing, slicing his body until it cannot be seen under the ruble caused by Hexblade.* And that’s the way it ends.

Princess Kilvas: Hexblade! Are you okay?!

Hexblade: Huh? Of course I am.

Ocelot: What was that blast he sent at you?

Hexblade: That was-

Io: *The ruble moves, Io comes out of the pile, covered in blood and dirt. He looks half dead, but the murderous intent in his eyes is clear.* I.....I’m going to kill you.

Hexblade: Good. It would have been a disappointment if you died that easily. Count the number of swords I have right now. It might help you.

Io: Eh?

Zero: (There’s only five!)

Hexblade: *He holds out his hand, and moves it in a hooking action.*

Io: *Simultaneously to Hexblade’s hand gesture, the missing blade comes from behind and stabs Io through his chest.* Urk! *Blood spouts from his mouth.*

Hexblade: *Four of his other blades launch an attack at Io’s kneecaps and elbows, splitting the bone, and causing the soldier to cry out in anguish and frustration. Hexblade grabs his final blade. And Addresses Zero and co.* For those of you with weak stomachs, you should look away. *They make an attempt to, but they are in awe of Hexblade’s prowess. He starts walking toward’s Io.* Since this is the last thing you’ll ever hear in this world Io, let me tell you a little about the person you’ve been fighting. In fact, let me tell you about the Demonclaw Syndicate on a whole. *He holds his blade at his side.* The members of the syndicate have many similarities, as well as differences amongst them. And though we have similar morals and ideals, there is one similarity that we all share.

Io: *He simply glares at Hexblade, his body held in the air by Hexblade’s swords, blood trickles out of his mouth.*

Hexblade: All the members of the syndicate, no matter how much they may try to hide it, we all have it. *He holds his blade to Io’s throat.* We all have, a sick sense of bloodlust. *He slashes Io’s throat, which spits blood out from it, as the blades recede from their place in Io’s body, the corpse goes limp and falls to the ground. His blades return to their respective sheaths, and Hexblade manually places his final blade in it’s sheath.* .....

*The rest of the group stare at him. Awe, horror, confusion. Many emotions running through them.*

Freohr: *She is the first to move toward Hexblade. She swallows.*

Hexblade: *He stands motionless. Looking at her as she raises her hand to his face.*

Freohr: *She places her fingertips on his chin.* It’s....so fuzzy! *She rubs her fingers back and forth on his goatee.*

Hexblade: *He grunts, clearly his bloodthirsty mood, ruined by Freohr’s simple mindedness.*

Ocelot: *He starts laughing his ass off. Princess Kilvas joins him.*

Zero: *Only Zero seems concerned with the sight they just saw. How Hexblade so coldly murdered Io.* (Io was a monster...But Hexblade was no saint there himself....)

Bizz: *She places a comforting hand on his shoulder.* It’s okay. I know. But....he’s different from us in more than one way. That doesn’t make him a bad person.

Zero: Yeah. You’re right. (Still, he murdered that guy without much remorse...)

Hexblade: *Him and the other three finally come down from their high spirited laughing session.* This is quite a gloomy place though. I don’t suppose you all want to leave?

Freohr: Are you going to get your mask?

Hexblade: I don’t think so. I think it got crushed when I threw the rest of the building at him. Man, first my coat, then my mask. By the end of all this I might be completely naked.

*Princess, Freohr, and Bizz blush at this. Hexblade pretends not to notice.*

*Ocelot and Zero attempt to hide their jealousy.*

Hexblade: Let’s get going. *He opens a portal. They all step through.*

*As they leave, the shadows extend in the room. For a moment they look like regular shadows, but as they open up and engulf the corpse that was once Io. They prove to be more than that. The shadows recede, and with them, Io also disappears.*

To Be Continued

Next Episode: Fall of the Galilean Soldiers.

1st post

Honestly, awesome chapter. I didn't know Hex could actually be, even a little, heartless. Guess I was proven REALLY REALLY wrong on my post above.

Lol Kakashi joke.

Lol Freohr.

2nd post

Thanks. Hexblade certainly did not hurt himself after all. Lol.

3rd post

Your fights are truly epic. I could learn from these....XD

Though, it might be my sick mind that helps me describe it. Lol.

*Puts sword and decapitated head of random person undeneath couch.*

Anyway, I already have the next episode written. I'm just gonna wait for other people to read the current chapter.

Wow! Hexblade sure is powerful. And heartless, sometimes. Nice going!

Thanks.

I can't wait for the next three episodes. They're gonna be awesome. I might just write them all today because I'm so excited for them.

Really!? You're the greatest, Lyle!

Lol.

You're probably not gonna think so by the end of all of them.

Next Episode: Fall of the Galilean Soldiers.

*New Plane. The group sits a top a plateau overlooking a desert. Without a word, Hexblade sits on the ledge and stretches his legs. He goes to reach for his mask, when he realizes it’s gone. Then he gazes at the sky.*

Zero: Wow. That’s a nice view.

Hexblade: Sure is.

Bizz: ...Does anyone else feel that?

Princess Kilvas: Hm? What’s wrong Bizz?

Bizz: I just feel like....something’s wrong here.

Hexblade: Your senses are very acute Bizz. I’ve noticed that about you.

Bizz: Thank you?

Hexblade: Ocelot, you too.

Ocelot: Huh?

Hexblade: You two seem to have a sense of impending danger. And you aren’t wrong. I’m feeling the same way. Apprehension. Something will happen here. It may be tragic. But who knows? *He stretches some more. Like a cat.*

Zero: ...How can you just say that?!

Hexblade: Zero, you get too heated in battle.

Zero: Huh?

Hexblade: It makes you stronger certainly, but it also makes you more reckless. Try to have more control.

Zero: Why are you saying this all now?

Hexblade: *Ignoring Zero’s question.* Princess, you’re more skilled in battle than you let on. Don’t be afraid to fight. You’ll do fine in them once you get going. Bizz, you’re too nervous when you fight. Worrying about something that could happen only increases the chances. Be aware of the opponent’s blade, but not afraid of it.

Ocelot: You make this sound like you’re about to die or something.

Hexblade: That fight with Io, opened up the possibility of my demise. That one blast he threw at me nearly did kill me. I didn’t show it then, but I was quite afraid for my life. So I’m telling you all you need to know about yourselves now, in case something does happen.

Ocelot: Does that mean-

Hexblade: Yes. I’m going to tell you and Freohr exactly why I brought you along. Ocelot. Let me be frank with you.

Ocelot: Okay.

Hexblade: All living creatures, and some non-living creature, have an aura. You, have no aura.

Ocelot: Huh?

Hexblade: I’ve only met one person like you, and his aura was simply misplaced. You on the other hand, simply do not have one. I don’t know why, but that is the case. It can help you to stay hidden in battle, but you also cannot use it to boost your attacks. I’m not sure what exactly your case is, but that is the situation.

Ocelot: *Trying to take it all in.* Okay....

Freohr: And me?

Hexblade: You’re another curiosity Freohr. It’s a similar situation with your aura.

Freohr: I have no aura?!

Hexblade: No. You have one. But it’s odd. It’s made up of completely elemental substance. I’m not sure of the significance of that, but at the very least it will throw some enemies off.

Freohr: Oh...Okay.

Zero: Anything else you want to tell us?

Hexblade: Nothing about you. But I think I know where our apprehensive feeling was coming from.

Princess Kilvas: What?

Hexblade: *He points. In the direction he points, three people stand.* The remaining galilean soldiers. They know I’m here. But not where exactly.

Ocelot: Then we should get them now! While we have the advantage of surprise.

Hexblade: Going down in that valley is not such a good idea at this point.

Bizz: Why?

Hexblade: I guess I can forgive you guys for not knowing what it looks like or how it feels, but look over there. *He points in the opposite direction. Sweeping across the valley is a river of shadows.* Nemzadi. The incredibly hot Queen of shadows that I told you about.

Freohr: Just looks like a big moving shadow to me.

Princess Kilvas: Wait. If all our enemies are coming here, then shouldn’t we move away?

Hexblade: That might be a good idea. But if we’re lucky, we can watch them tear each other apart and go for the other one when they’re weaker.

Zero: The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Hexblade: Not exactly, but it’s similar. Plus, after all this fighting we’ve been doing, it’s nice to see someone else do it. Personally, I’m rooting for Nemzadi. One, she’s hot. And two, though she does want to kill me, she has nothing personal against me. She’s killing me because she wants to kill everyone, while Callisto and co are just trying to kill me personally.

Bizz: But, Callisto and the others will be easier to kill...

Hexblade: Yeah. But Nemzadi still has the ‘hot’ thing going for her.

Ocelot: How do we know she’s hot though? I mean, you’re the only one who’s seen her- ....Woah..

*Down in the valley, the shadows converge into one single being. Nemzadi stands before the three remaining members of the galilean soldiers.*

Hexblade: I told you.

Princess Kilvas: Typical men, hypnotized by a woman’s breasts. *She crosses her arms.*

Hexblade: Don’t be jealous Princess, you have very good breasts. But-

Zero: THAT’S MY SISTER YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT!!!

Princess Kilvas: *She stares at Hexblade, trying to hide her chest now.*

Hexblade: *He sighs.* Those responses pretty much sum up what I was going to say.

*Down in the valley.*

Callisto: Hm? Who are you?

Nemzadi: I am Nemzadi. The queen of shadows. I seek to regain my position of power, and will defeat anyone who stands in my way. Bend to my will, and I shall let you live.

Callisto: Hmph. I think not.

Ganymede: Hah! I’ll squash this bug. Then we can get back to work. *He charges in, his massive body shaking the earth.*

Callisto: You should wait for my orders first...

Ganymede: Just wasting time Callisto! *He stops in front of Nemzadi, and raises his mighty fist, his smile brightened by the obsidian color of his skin.*

Nemzadi: *She merely glances at Ganymede, and shadows envelop him, leaving no trace of his existence behind.*

Callisto: Ganymede!

Nemzadi: Let that be a warning to you. Those who oppose me, meet ill fates.

Europa: Callisto?

Callisto: Anyone who kills one of my allies, is an enemy of mine. No matter how foolish Ganymede was. *He draws his blades.* Goodbye Nemzadi, queen of the shadows.

Nemzadi: *She looks to Europa.* And you?

Europa: I agree with him. He is my leader, and I will follow him.

Nemzadi: Even if he sends you to the depths of hell. Very well. You shall join your friends shortly. *She waves her arm, and shadows move to surround the two from behind.*

Callisto: Europa, stay by me.

Europa: Understood. *Her hands glow a blueish hue.*

Nemzadi: You were lost the moment you defied my will. *Her voice surrounds them.*

Europa: Callisto?

Callisto: Go ahead.

Europa: Yes sir. *She waves her own hands, and ice and water attacks the shadows. Which proves to be little effect.*

Nemzadi: I am shadows. I am everywhere, but cannot be harmed. *The shadows pierce through the center of the trap.*

Callisto: !! *He and Europa dodge the shadow, but end up on opposite sides of it. Callisto can hear Europa’s screams as she is enveloped.* Europa!

Nemzadi: Poor Callisto. Leader of the galilean soldiers, now leader of none. *The shadows blot out Callisto’s view of the sun.*

Callisto: Shit! *He lets loose his aura, as the shadows pounce on him.*

*Back on the plateau. The group can hear the anguished cries of Callisto as the shadows engulf him. The shadows also start spreading.*

Hexblade: *He gets off up his rear hastily.* Quickly. We have to get out of here.

Princess Kilvas: What happened to staying?

Hexblade: Forget that! We need to get out of here. Now! It’s too dangerous.

Ocelot: We knew this would be-

Hexblade: I SAID NOW! *He opens a portal.* GO! NOW!

*Not arguing with him any longer, the group goes through the portal. Just in time to escape the shadows, as they engulf the plateau they were sitting on. The entire landscape, covered in Nemzadi’s shadows.

To Be Continued

Next Episode: The Dark World.