A Hero's Journey

Mufasa

Lol.

'Nother good one. Ocelot is unique. Freohr is MEAG Yune, Zero is the main character.

Only Bizz and Princess need their awesomesauce chapter now.

YESSSSSSS!!!!!

But great part! Freohr does seem like the Micaiah/Yune thing.

Can`t wait for the next! =D

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YESSSSSSS!!!!!

But great part! Freohr does seem like the Micaiah/Yune thing.

Can`t wait for the next! =D

Really? That's not really what I had in mind for it. I feel like it's more of a goddess inside Freohr's body that....

Hm. I guess it is like that. Lol.

Only Bizz and Princess need their awesomesauce chapter now.

I concur!

Great chapter by the way

Edited by Porom

Really? That's not really what I had in mind for it. I feel like it's more of a goddess inside Freohr's body that....

Hm. I guess it is like that. Lol.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! MOOOOOOOOREEEEE!!!!!!!

Oh well, I'm pretty okay with surprises XD

...................... I scare myself :mellow:

=P

This isn't dead, I've just haven't gotten the chance to write. I've been real stressed lately with more than one thing. It's likely that I could be killed tommorow morning. <_<

Aww, it isn't fun being stressed. =(

Hope you feel better soon =)

This isn't dead, I've just haven't gotten the chance to write. I've been real stressed lately with more than one thing. It's likely that I could be killed tommorow morning. <_<

No problem. You better do it when you want to, if not, it might just be a lot of crap. ...Which I've not yet seen in this story! :)

New Episode: Not what you expected.

*The group recovers from Freohr’s incident. One after the other waking up, each time, Ocelot and Zero having to explain what happened.*

Bizz: Freohr did what?

Zero: Yeah. That’s why we passed out. She took the power of our aura away.

Ocelot: Which is why I’m fine...Cause I have no aura.

Lalmeyde: This is very curious....

Odion: Do you think we could use it to our advantage?

Lalmeyde: From the sound of it, Freohr wasn’t aware of her ability to do that. And it doesn’t seem like she can just activate it at anytime. Plus, both Hexblade and Nemzadi have witnessed her power, and will probably provide some sort of counter measure. Plus, it also provides a severe disadvantage for us. In short, I’d say no. The best we can do is use the time she’s bought for us, to find Callisto.

Zero: But wouldn’t this be the best time to attack though? Hexblade is injured, and we can take him out, then focus on Nemzadi.

Lalmeyde: Attacking Nemzadi head on is a quick way to lose our life. We’re going to need a plan. And we don’t have the time right now to form one. And even if Hexblade is injured, it’s likely that he’ll still be too formidable an opponent to defeat. Our best course of action is to find Callisto.

Zero: But-!

Princess Kilvas: Zero! We can’t move too rashly. If we find Callisto fast enough we can take out Hexlbade before he recovers.

Zero: ...

Lalmeyde: Indeed. Which means we should start moving right away. It’s not like I have no clue where Callisto might be. *He opens a portal.* Please bear with me Zero.

Zero: ..Fine. *He’s the first to go through the portal.*

Lalmeyde: ....

Princess Kilvas: I’m sorry about him. *She bows to Lalmeyde.*

Lalmeyde: Please. There’s no need for that. He’s been through a lot.

*The rest of them walk through the portal.*

*Hexblade sits in his own room, tending to his wounds.*

Hexblade: *He exhales, blowing dust particles around the air.* Man. That was something. *He looks to his night table, where a small bag sits.* Still. I won’t make that mistake again. “Curiosity kills the cat.” As they say. *He scratches his face, and winces as he pulls one of his wounds.*Rgh. I hope I heal quickly. This shit hurts. More than that though....I want to fight Zero. *He smirks.*

*The group walk into the new plane. They find themselves in a valley.*

Lalmeyde: He’s here.

Ocelot: Really?

Lalmeyde: Definitely. I can sense him here. Come on!

Zero: I think I can sense him too. But it’s very....

Bizz: Erratic?

Lalmeyde: Yes. His aura is very shaky. But it’s him. This is good for us. We can get him, and then figure out a plan, and we’ll able to defeat Nemzadi and Hexblade before he gets a chance to heal.

Princess Kilvas: Then what are we waiting for!?

Freohr: Y-yes! Let’s go!

*The group starts running, following after Lalmeyde. After a few minutes of running, Lalmeyde stops.*

Lalmeyde: He’s somewhere around here. I can’t pinpoint exactly.

Zero: Let’s look around. *The group looks around in different places. Zero looks behind several rocks, looking for any semblance of Callisto.*

Freohr: Oh! Um! I found him! I think...

*The group runs toward Freohr.*

Ocelot: Really?!

Freohr: *She points behind a rock she managed to lift. Behind it, in a small hole, sits Callisto.* Y-yeah...

Odion: Hm...This could be bad.

Callisto: *He looks up at the group staring down. His face scarred by what appears to be soot. A vacant look in his eyes. As they get a better look at him, the scar is not from soot, but from shadows.*

Zero: Callisto?

Callisto: *He says no words, but merely looks at Zero.*

Ocelot: He looks a little....touched in the head....

Lalmeyde: Shit. This isn’t good. Let’s get him out of there. Help me out guys. *Zero, Ocelot, and Lalmeyde move the rock to the side, in order to get at Callisto.*

Bizz: *She looks to Odion.* Why didn’t you help?

Odion: .....

Callisto: *He scurries away from the light.*

Zero: What’s wrong with him?

Lalmeyde: Though he managed to survive, it seems he didn’t get out of that battle unscathed....

Callisto: *His vacant stare turns into a wild stare, he scrambles out of his hole and starts swinging his blades. The three who released Callisto from his hole, dodge his attacks.*

Ocelot: Oh shit!

Lalmeyde: Incapacitate him! But don’t kill him!

Zero: *He takes out Gerofu, the first one to strike. He holds back slightly, as per Lalmeyde’s request, allowing Callisto to block the attack.* (Has he gotten that much weaker? Or have I gotten stronger?)

Callisto: *He stares at Zero. Like an animal staring down it’s prey. Before Callisto can swing his blade to impale Zero, he gets knocked to the side by Ocelot’s kick. Callisto hits the rock behind him, knocking him out cold.*

Ocelot: You okay Zero?

Zero: Yeah. I’m fine. Now what though? It’ll be hard to get him to fight Hexblade.

Odion: What the hell is even wrong with him?

Lalmeyde: His mind is shattered. Physically he’s fine, but Nemzadi’s shadows must have a spiritual affect on the people her shadows come in contact with.

Bizz: How would that affect his mind though?

Lalmeyde: A person’s mind and soul are connected. They are both considered part of “spirit” of the four aspects of life.

Princess Kilvas: So now what? What do we do with him?

Odion: Freohr. You have that staff right?

Freohr: Oh! Um! Yes!

Lalmeyde: What are you thinking Odion?

Odion: Perhaps the staff can heal a person’s spirit as well? Theoretically the body and mind are connected. Heal the body, and you might heal the mind.

Zero: Sounds like a load of crap.

Bizz: Do we have any other ideas?

Ocelot: Perhaps an exorcism?

Lalmeyde: That might work. But we don’t have anyone around that could possibly do an exorcism. So let’s try this. If it doesn’t work, then we’ll tie Callisto up, and go find a powerful exorcist.

Freohr: *She takes out her staff and walks over to Callisto.* Here goes....

Callisto: *As Freohr heals Callisto, the shadows on his face start to recede slightly. His eyes start to open, this time he looks aware. He addresses Lalmeyde.* You...you’re a bounty hunter correct?

Lalmeyde: Yes. We have saved you Callisto. We request your assistance. It is in your benefit to aide us as well. We are making an attempt to kill Nemzadi, and we need you to help us to kill Hexblade.

Callisto: That’s fine. But I am currently busy. As you could probably tell, I’m not exactly myself. *He points to the shadows that have now reside on his left cheek.* As the shadows spread over my face, I lose my sanity. Before I was like the way you found me, I was looking for an exorcist that resides here. You managed to heal me for now. But I have no doubt that I will return to my previous state.

Zero: If we help you, you’ll help us?

Callisto: If I do help you, it is not because I want to help you specifically. It is because we have a common interest. I will have revenge for Io, Ganymede, and Eurpoa’s deaths. For that, Hexblade and Nemzadi will pay.

Zero: Indeed they will.

Princess Kilvas: Zero....

Bizz: ...

To Be Continued

Next Episode: Dispelled.

Lol.

I've been meaning to ask you, do you find it annoying when I comment every single chapter?

Not at all. In fact I enjoy it. The more comments I get, the better I value myself as a human being. XD

*Waits for update*

"WAIT LONGER!!!!"

*Waits longer*

sorry man. School and work are killing me. I've got 4 projects I need to do, and very little time. I was hoping to finish this before winter break, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

I probably won't be able to comfortably work on this till the 20th. I'll try to have another episode up sooner rather than later.

• 2 weeks later...

New Episode: Dispelled.

*The group finishes traveling through the valley, only to find themselves in a large clearing of desolate desert. Occasionally, Callisto will flinch, a side affect of his condition.*

Lalmeyde: How are you holding up Callisto?

Callisto: I have no need for a lowly being to worry about me.

Lalmyede: I’m not. I’m worried about me. If you go crazy, we’ll have to kill you. That would harm our chances of success.

Callisto: ....

Ocelot: How much farther till we get to this guy?! We’ve been walking forever!

Odion: *He turns to Ocelot.* It’s been half an hour, you big clingy girl!

Bizz: *She glares at Odion.* Actually, it’s been like 3 hours.

Zero: *He scowls as well.* And me and Bizz have done our fair share of walking on this trip.

Princess Kilvas: How can anyone live out here? There’s like nothing alive.

Callisto: I don’t pretend to know his reasons. All I know is that the exorcist is here. And I need him.

Ocelot: Well he better be close. I’m getting sick of this place.

Freohr: *Only she manages to keep her attitude positive.* I’m sure well find him soon!

*The group continues to walk. This time in silence.*

Odion: ....Anyone know any good jokes?

Lalmeyde: *He turns his head to stare at Odion.* Will you be quiet?

Odion: Sorry....*He cowers back into himself, leaving the group quiet once again.*

Zero: ...Someone’s here.

Ocelot: Hm?

Bizz: Who?

Zero: I dunno. But they’re around here.

Princess Kilvas: I don’t sense anyone.

Lalmeyde: Hm...Now that you mention it. It’s faint. But I feel someone too.

Odion: Might it be some sort of animal or something?

Callisto: The only thing living out here is the exorciser. It must be him.

Lalmeyde: Zero, can you lead us to where you feel him?

Zero: Sure. This way. *He walks toward the presence he felt. The others following behind him.* Somewhere around here....

Ocelot: You sure?

Lalmeyde: Yeah. I feel it now too...

Callisto: Urgh....*He clutches his face, as shadows spread across it.* Let’s get this over with soon...

Zero: He should be right here...

Bizz: Maybe he’s under us?

???: Above would be correct! *Up in the air, a crooked old man waves down from them. He’s in a small hut, suspended in the air. He jumps down to greet them.* Hello. What can I do for you?

Lalmeyde: Are you the exorcist that lives here?

Kiel: Yes. I am called Kiel. What can I do for you?

Zero: Our friend here needs some help.

Kiel: *He examines Zero. The hut that was suspended in the air, crashes into the sand below it.* Sure. Come on in.

*The group follows Kiel into the hut. It’s small, and the group barely fits inside. Freohr and Ocelot help Callisto in.*

Keil: *He sits in a small chair opposite them.* Now. You want me to perform an exorcism on...that man? *He points to Callisto.*

Ocelot: *He mutters to himself.* How observant he is...

Zero: Can you help him?

Keil: I’ll see. *He places on his glasses and walks over to Callisto.* Hm...

Callisto: *His mind slowly deteriorating. He barely seems to notice the presence of Keil.*

Keil: Hm. This is quite intriguing. I’ll need some time to prepare. But I believe I can help him.

*A feeling of relief fills the room.*

Keil: First though, I’d like to talk to you. *He points at Zero.*

Zero: Why me?

Keil: I find you to be an interesting person.

Princess Kilvas: Why Zero?

Keil: More importantly, that weapon of yours. It seems to be having an effect on you.

Zero: Like what?

Lalmeyde: Perhaps it’s the reason for your sudden increase in power Zero.

Keil: Give me the weapon and I can confirm it for you.

Zero: I don’t think it’s needed. I got it from someone I feel I can trust. It’s helped me more than once.

Keil: Don’t be so nervous. It’ll only take a minute.

Zero: There’s no need. Spend the time helping Callisto.

Keil: Give it to me. NOW. *From behind Keil, shadows form.*

Odion: Shit!

Lalmeyde: It’s a trap! Run!

*The group scrambles to get out of the hut.*

Ocelot: Someone get Callisto!

Callisto: *His face nearly engulfed by the shadows. As they’re running out the door, Odion grabs Callisto.*

Odion: Quickly!

Keil: *He cackles.* You can’t escape Queen Nemzadi’s reach! Accept her power! As I have done! *His figure is overcome by the shadows, which follow the crew out the door.*

Zero: Shit! Now what?!?

Lalmeyde: Just keep running! We’ll figure things out later! Odion, are you good with Callisto!?

Odion: Yeah! Just keep going!

*The group runs from the shadows, that are slowly seeping towards them.*

Bizz: Wouldn’t this normally have killed us by now?

Lalmeyde: It must not be directly Nemzadi’s power.

Freohr: What do you mean?

Zero: It seems like the power was coming from Keil. Not Nemzadi. He must have made some sort of pact with- wait! *He stops.* Where’s Jen?!

Bizz: Hm?

Ocelot: Is she back there?!

Zero: No! She came with us! Where is she now!?

Lalmeyde: We have to keep moving right now!

Zero: I’m not-!

Lalmeyde: She can catch up with us quickly! Let’s keep moving, we’ll do her no help if we get ourselves killed.

Zero: But-!

Bizz: We have to keep moving for now Zero! I know it’s tough, but come on!

Zero: *He clenches his fists.* Dammit...

*Elsewhere.*

Princess Kilvas: *She tumbles with her attacker down a dune, she finally manages to see him clearly. The beady eyes of Skral stare back at here.*

To Be Continued.

Next Episode: A Predator and it’s Prey.

Damn! Poor Princess... I'm pretty sure she survives, but still...

And it was great to have another chapter to read again! I've really missed this story!

Yeah. Sorry about the long wait.

And this chapter wasn't my best either. =/

Yeah. Sorry about the long wait.

And this chapter wasn't my best either. =/

There's nothing wrong with it. And considering the (sorry) long wait, even the smallest event would cheer up the readers!

There's nothing wrong with it. And considering the (sorry) long wait, even the smallest event would cheer up the readers!

Lol. Don't be sorry.

I just hope I haven't lost all my readers in the wait. XD

Lol. Now that I've lost all my readers save two, here's another update.

Also, the only reason why I'm still writing in script style is because I started the story that way. This chapter would work much better in regular format:

New Episode: A Predator and it’s Prey.

*Princess and Skral tumble down a dune for several minutes, Princess barely managing to avoid fatal scratches from Skral, as the two get lost in their tumble. Eventually their tumble stops, with Princess on top, but before she can acknowledge that, Skral uses his mighty legs to kick her off of him. She is sent hurling through the air, until hitting her back on a rock. Her wings cushion the blow, but she still winces.*

Princess Kilvas: Ngh!

Skral: *He charges at her, his hand poised to attack. He thrusts his hand toward her, but she manages to dodge in time, resulting in his hand burying itself in the rock behind her. He turns his head toward her and smirks.* I’ve been waiting for this a long time now...*He rips his talon out of the wall and stalks towards her.*

Princess Kilvas: ...*She watches nervously as he approaches.*

Skral: Eh? *He stops his approach.* What’s wrong? You’re not going to fight back?

Princess Kilvas: *She backs away slowly.*

Skral: *He snarls, then gets down on all fours and runs behind her. Then he knocks her to the ground.* You’re not running away either.

Princess Kilvas: *She gets up out of the sand.* Why....why are you so obsessed with killing me?

Skral: “Why”? No one has ever humiliated me like that. Even if they did, they wouldn’t have walked away from it like you did.

Princess Kilvas: Can’t you just get over it?

Skral: Revenge is a poison that blocks out logic and reason. You don’t think I’ve noticed how dangerous this area is? I don’t care at all. All that matters to me right now...*He points a bony finger at her.* ...is you.

Princess Kilvas: ....Fine. But I won’t go down without a fight.

Skral: Good. I like it better that way.

Princess Kilvas: If I defeat you, you will have to promise never to come after me again.

Skral: It doesn’t matter. The only way I’ll stop fighting is when I draw my last breath. Eyes or not. I’ll go to kill you if I even have an ounce left of blood in me.

Princess Kilvas: Very well. *She transforms.* Glory to the Kilvas Ravens!!!

Skral: *His eyes fill with rage at the recognition of Princess’s form.* There it is! That’s the final piece! Now I will fight, knowing no hesitation in the slightest! *He howls and charges for Princess, swinging his talons at her.*

Princess Kilvas: *Her raven form giving her increased speed and maneuverability, she dodges Skral’s attacks fairly easily. Her talons scrape at Skral’s body, making slight scratches on it, but none proving to be effective.*

Skral: *He finally manages to grab Princess by one of her talons, and swings her around, he lets go in an attempt to slam her into a rock, however, she is able to catch herself in the air before hitting the rock.* Tch.

Princess Kilvas: *With a caw, she swoops around and rips at Skral’s right shoulder. It does no damage, but the bounty hunter stumbles a bit. As he tries to regain his balance, Princess knocks his left shoulder from the opposite side.*

Skral: *He loses his balance and falls into the sand. He shakes his head and starts to get up, however Princess swoops in and grabs Skral by his tail, dragging him across the sand.*

Princess Kilvas: *After several seconds of dragging the beast through the sand, she swoops upward into the sky. Skral tries to reorient himself as she brings them higher and higher. She feels the heat of the sun on her as the two of them gain altitude.*

Skral: *He finally orients himself and realizes his situation, he attempts to claw at Princess, but his legs and arms do not reach. He flails about trying to loosen Princess’s hold on him, but to no avail.*

Princess Kilvas: *After a certain length of altitude, she stops her ascent and turns downward. For a brief second Skral manages to clip Princess’s wing as she begins her descent. She winces, but it’s a minor wound.*

Skral: *The sudden change in direction throws him off, and the increase in speed doesn’t help. Skral can only watch as the ground grows ever closer to the two of them.* You bitch!!

Princess Kilvas: *At the last second she lets go of his tail, and swoops in a different direction, avoiding a crash landing into the dunes, and sending Skral plummeting into it at a high speed. She swoops around and flutters to the crash site, where she transforms in order to confirm Skral’s defeat. The breathes heavily.* Is he....dead?

Skral: *From behind her, he jumps out of the sand, as it pours off his body. The two make eye contact for a brief second, as his tail whips about, it’s flat slapping her hard in the chest, knocking her to the ground.* Hah! That was a clever move, but it takes more than that to crack my body.*

Princess Kilvas: Rgh...*She struggles to get up, but before she does, Skral grabs her scarf and starts pulling her along, dragging her as he runs at top speed.*

Skral: Hah! Not so fun is it?!

Princess Kilvas: Ngh! *She grabs at her scarf to keep her from choking as Skral continues to drag her along. The entire time, she can feel her strength failing. Just when her last ounce of resistance starts to fade, the dragging stops. She braces herself for a finisher from Skral, but such an attack never came. She opens her eyes to survey the situation, taking in the danger the two now face.*

Skral: *He snarls.* ...Damn... *The two of them behold as what seems to be a tidal wave of shadows approaches them.*

Princess Kilvas: N-no....

Skral: There’s no way I can take you along with me and outrun that...*He lifts Princess Kilvas up onto her feet and stares directly into her eyes.* You.

Princess Kilvas: *She looks at his eyes, as black as the shadows behind him.* What?

Skral: You better live. You’re my prey. And I won’t have anyone take it from me. Especially not these shadows.

Princess Kilvas: *Before she can inquire, Skral grabs her by the arm and swings her with his mighty strength and sends her flying in the opposite direction of the shadows.* Ahh! *Noticing the opportunity, she transforms.*

Skral: ....Good. *He stares at the shadows.* Tch. Typical. Now there’s no way that I can outrun them.

Princess Kilvas: *She looks back on Skral as the shadows envelop him.* Did he just...save me? *Not wasting anymore time, she flies off in search for Zero and the others, hoping they did not meet fates similar to Skral’s.*

*Inside the shadows. Skral stands alone, watching as the shadows swirl about him, enveloping the area around him, blotting out the sun. The air gets chilled, and even Skral’s body starts to shake.*

Skral: I won’t let you take my prey....*He places a hand on his chin, and his other hand on the back of his head.* ...But I won’t let you take me either. *With a swift motion and a loud crack, Skral snaps his own neck, leaving his limp body to fall to the ground. As the shadows envelop it, they seem to realize, that the life they wished to steal away, is no longer there.*

To Be Continued.

Next Episode: Costly Choice.

Wow... It sure was an unexpected ending of this chapter. Judging by Skral's last acting - saving Princess - I kinda pity him for his final destiny.

So now one of the 'immortal' guys is dead. This is so exciting!