A Hero's Journey

Mufasa

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next Episode: Rivalry!

Lyle: *He stares down Grod.* (He’s a big guy. No weapon. He’s slow, and has no armor really. He has no real defense against my blades. He won’t be able to dodge, and he won’t be able to deflect my attacks. No one is that stupid. His skin must be tough. Still, I have a better chance to wound him than Arc or Masu.)

Grod: We gonna fight or what?

Lyle: *He charges in.* Get ready. *He jumps in the air and swings down with his blades.*

Grod: *He jumps back to avoid the blows.*

Lyle: *He lands, creating a crack in the ground where his blades landed. He looks to Grod.* (Hm. He dodged. That’s strange for him to do if my theory of the tough skin is correct.) *He stands up.*

Grod: What? Why you looking at me funny?

Lyle: I dunno. I find ugly people somewhat fascinating.

Grod: *He growls.* Why, you-! *He swings his arms down on Lyle.*

Lyle: *He raises his blades to block the blow.*

Grod: *The blades dig into his arm. He winces.*

Lyle: *He stares at the wounds his blades create for a second, not risking losing his opportunity, he slashes, and cuts off both of Grod’s arms.* That was simple.

Grod: *He howls and steps back.* ARRGH!! You little-!

Lyle: And here I was worried. Looks like you’re nothing but talk. Stand down or you’ll lose more than just your arms.

Grod: You....*His arms grow back.* Idiot!

Lyle: What?!

Grod: *He bursts out in laughter.* You think this’ll be that easy!? Come on brat! I’m one of the greatest bounty hunters for a reason!

Lyle: Shit...

Grod: *He runs towards Lyle, jumps in the same manner as Lyle did before, and slams down on the ground with his fists, Lyle avoids just in time.*

Lyle: *He slashes Grod’s exposed backside, and he watches as the wounds heal.* Dammit! *He avoids a swipe at his feet and runs to the opposite side of the room.* (How am I supposed to kill this guy, if he just heals instantly?) *He mulls it over as he runs, then turns on his feet.* (I’m gonna have to just finish him in one blow. My best chance is to go for the head. Make sure he stays down.)

Grod: *He laughs again.* What’s wrong?! Don’t know what to do now!? You shoulda let your friends stay here! Then the three of you might’ve had a chance!

Lyle: *The remark gets to him. His eye twitches.* Hm. I suppose your ignorance is my own fault. I never did introduce myself.

Grod: *He smile fades.* Eh?

Lyle: *He takes his traditional stance: Pointing one blade directly at Grod, his back leg bent, as his other blade is poised over his head, also pointing at Grod.* I am Lyle Dayek. The Dual Wielding Noble of the Demonclaw Syndicate.

Grod: *His smile returns with a vengence.* ‘Demonclaw Syndicate’ eh? You’re no Hexblade, but your head is bound to be priced pretty well. Those other guys members as well?

Lyle: To your misfortune both financially, and for your own life, no. You die here. Today.

Grod: *He laughs again.* We shall see!

*The second room.*

Skral: *He throws Masu, across the room, sending him flying into a wall.* Pfft.

Masu: Rgh....You bastard.. *He gets up.*

Skral: How pathetic. You have no close range battle prowess. And you’re too slow to get far enough from me to cast any spells. You have no chance of winning. You’re a support fighter. Best suited for assisting someone who actually CAN fight.

Masu: S-shut the fuck up! *He starts to cast a spell.*

Skral: *He rolls his beady eyes. Before Masu can get off the spell, he punches the mage in the stomach.*

Masu: Ack! *He coughs up blood.*

Skral: *He once again fligs Masu halfway across the room like a cat’s plaything.* This is a waste of my time.

Masu: *He starts to get up.* Argh!

Skral: *He steps on Masu’s body, to prevent him from getting up. Placing his weight on that foot, he crouches down to look Masu in the eye.* I wonder. If you’re the screw up of the group, or if you and your friends are all weaklings.

Masu: I’m....not-

Skral: You’re not what? A screw up? A weakling? Regardless of your friend’s abilities, you are simply weak. You are no match for me, and you’re only wasting my time and your life by being here.

Masu: I’m going to rescue Princess! GAH!

Skral: *He pushes down harder on Masu’s chest.* Pah! Rescue that bird-girl!? Let me tell you her fate. She will be mine. I’m going to tear her apart. First: I’ll start with her feathers. One by one, I’ll rip them out. Then, I’ll pluck out her eyes. Then I’ll rip off her limbs. Finally, I shall devour what is left of her.

Masu: GRAGH!!!

Skral: !!!

Masu: *His body erupts in flames. Skral is taken aback by the sudden surge of power, allowing Masu to stand up.* I won’t let you do that to Princess!

Skral: ...What’s this? You show resistance? That’s some pretty impressive elemental power as well.

Masu: I’m going to kill you. *He raises his hand. The flames surrounding his body form a sphere in his palm.* EAT THIS!! *He throws the ball of flames at Skral.*

Skral: (Hm. This is stronger than the last few blows. This may prove to be fatal if it hits me. Still....) *He opens his mouth.* DON’T MIND IF I DO!!!! *The flame blast is sucked into Skral’s mouth.*

Masu: What!?

Skral: *He consumes the entire blast. After a second of nothing, his entire body catches on fire. Though it doesn’t wound him. Skral laughs.* Let me spare you the trouble of asking. I am a unique being. You see, I started out, much like you. I looked human. However, I have a strange ability. Whatever I devour, becomes a part of my body. I became a murderer. And my signature, was to carve out a person’s spine, grind it up, and eat it. After a while, I became as you see. A bone creature. It continues to be my signature, hence why my body is like this, but it is not limited to bones. Or even parts of humans. As you can see. I can make the elements themselves a part of my body.

Masu: Shit..

Skral: Give up now, and I’ll make your death painless.

Masu: No way!

*Previous room.*

Lyle: *He slashes wildly at Grod, his wounds healing as Lyle tries to formulate a plan.* (Dammit! I’m superior to this guy in every way, but I can’t get a good shot at his head! He keeps blocking with his arms.)

Grod: Rgh. Geeze you’re annoying. Can’t you give up?

Lyle: Fuck off and die! (I gotta finish this quickly, Masu and Arc might need my help. And I especially don’t want to have Masu show me up. I gotta kill this guy quickly.)

*Second room.*

Skral: Give it up brat. You’ve lost. Nothing you can do is affecting me. And I can kill you with a flick of my tail.

Masu: No freaking way! I’m not gonna give up! I won’t be shown up by that bastard Lyle!

Skral: Eh?

Masu: *He clenches his fists.* That’s right....I’m gonna kick your ass. And then I’m gonna show that asshole what’s what!

*First room.*

Lyle: *His slashes become more wild and deeper.*

Grod: *Wincing as the blades repetitively slash his ever healing arms.* Geeze! Calm down!

Lyle: Shut-up! I’m not gonna lose out!

Grod: What?

Lyle: I’m gonna beat you!

*Second room.*

Masu: *His hands start glowing blueish.* This battle was already decided.

Skral: Eh?

Masu: All it is...is how fast I can kill you. *He waves his hands and a blizzard engulfs Skral.*

Skral: RGH!!!!

*First room.*

Lyle: *One of his blades slashes Grod’s arm off.* (Now!)

Lyle and Masu: I’M NOT GONNA LET THAT BASTARD SHOW ME UP!!!!

*Lyle cuts off Grod’s head at the same time Skral’s body freezes over.*

Lyle: *He pants.* Sorry Grod. You took the brunt of my aggression. *He stumbles, heading for the next room.*

Masu: *He also pants, staring at the icicle that is Skral.* Huh. That took a lot of effort...I’m bushed....

Lyle: *He walks in, trying to hide his fatigue. Masu responds by doing the same.* Hey.

Masu: Hah! It’s about time you got here! I was done here for a while now!

Lyle: Either that’s a lie, or you’re an idiot who didn’t go to see if Arc or I needed help. Either way, you’re a loser.

Masu: Screw you! It still took you long enough!

Lyle: Regardless, we should go. Arc should be finishing up soon as well. And he’ll need help with Princess.

Masu: I guess we can agree on that-

*The door in front of them swings open violently, and a body is thrown on the floor. It’s motionless.*

Lyle: No....

Masu: ....way....

Feil: *Feil the ripper stands in the doorway uninjured, wiping Arc’s blood off his jacket.* Next!

*Lyle and Masu stare at their new opponent.*

To Be Continued

Next Episode: Rivalry resolved.

You know, this story would make a kick ass video game, excellent writing.

Lol. You give me too much credit. But I appreciate the compliment.

:o

Poor Arc..

Great part! I love fight scenes!

EDIT: Also, what Zero said. :D

ARC HAD IT COMING TO HIM!!! Lol

I usually think that I do bad job at fight scenes. I am getting better, which is good for when I write my next project, which is what I'm gonna take the most pride in. Cause it's the story of the syndicate itself.

Yea, when you went back and forth between the rooms at the end like that. Just awesome.

Lol. For a second I though you were talking about Princess pacing back and forth IRL, thinking about what's going to happen.

New Episode: Rivalry resolved.

Feil: What are you two staring at?

Masu: Arc...!

Lyle: Masu! Cover me!

Masu: Eh? Don’t bark orders at me!

Lyle: Just do it! *He runs toward Feil and Arc, crouching low to the ground.*

Feil: *He raises an eyebrow.*

Lyle: *He stops at Arc’s body, and lifts it onto his shoulder, then turns around and brings it back to Masu. He lays Arc’s body down near Masu. He checks Arc’s pulse.* He’s alive. But we should get him some help soon. Here’s the plan-

Masu: Why do we have to go with your plan!?

Lyle: Masu! This isn’t the time for this! I’ve got more battle experience, just shut-up and listen for once!

Masu: Like you’re one to talk! You never listen to what I have to say!

Feil: *As Masu and Lyle argue, he mutters to himself.* With any luck, they’ll just kill each other and I can take the credit...

Lyle: Will you just listen to my plan then!?

Masu: Fine. Spew it out!

Lyle: You stay here and keep watch on Arc-

Masu: Giving me the shit job!?

Lyle: Masu! I’m trying to play to our strengths here! I can fight him at close range, you send in attacks while he’s distracted, and if you stay by Arc, you can protect him, if worse comes to worse!

Masu: ARGH! You’re impossible!

Lyle: I’M impossible!?

Feil: Um-

Lyle and Masu: SHUT-UP YOU!

Feil: <_<

Masu: You never listen to anything I have to say! And then you act all superior and crap!

Lyle: You never say anything of any value! The simple fact is: I AM superior!

Masu: You- *He raises a fist to punch Lyle, but is stopped as a gun shot resounds in the air.*

Feil: Well! I can listen to this crap for about....up till now. Shut up. *He points his revolver at Lyle.* Now, are we gonna do something or what?

Lyle: ...We’ll let you live if you let us pass.

Feil: I’m guessing you haven’t heard of me. “Feil the ripper”?

Masu: Pah! More like FAIL!

Feil: *He pulls out another revolver and points it at Masu.* God you two are annoying.

Lyle: Masu...

Masu: What?!

Lyle: I’m sorry.

Masu: Huh?

Lyle: I can’t beat this guy on my own. I need your help. I know I treat you kinda lousy, but you’re like my best friend. I treat you that way, because I feel like we’re sort of partners. And I’m the superior in the relationship. But, I guess I went to far.

Masu: ...I’m sorry too.

Lyle: You should be.

Masu: Ass.

Lyle: *He smirks.* Let’s take out our aggression on this guy.

Masu: That’s a good idea.

Feil: Huh?

Masu: ERUPTION!!!

Feil: *He looks beneath his feet.* Oh shit! *He dodges just in time as the flames engulf the area where he stood.* Phew!

Lyle: *Out from behind the flames, Lyle comes through, swords drawn as he slashes at Feil.*

Feil: WOAH! *Once again he dodges just in time. He jumps back, seeing Lyle and Masu. The sunglasses on his face split and fall on the ground.* Eh? DAMMIT!! I just bought those!

Lyle: *He charges, for Feil again.*

Feil: Tch! *He points his guns at Lyle.*

Masu: Not so fast!

Feil: Eh!? *He points his guns back at Masu.*

Lyle: Got you!

Feil: EH!??! Stop that!! *Flames erupt beneath Feil, this time he doesn’t dodge so well and his clothes are singed. One strand of his hair is on fire as well. He licks his fingers and puts out the small flame.* You guys are jerks!

Lyle: No. We just make a good team.

Masu: Damn straight!

Feil: ....Two minutes ago you guys were screaming your heads off at each other, now you’re friends?

Lyle: Doesn’t bother us. Why should it bother you?

Feil: Cause it makes this battle more difficult for me. *He points at Masu with his guns.*

Lyle: *He runs over and knocks the guns out of Feil’s hands with his swords. Then he attempts to slash Feil’s neck.*

Feil: *He manages to dodge again. Now weaponless, he runs across the room.* Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!

Masu: *He waves his hands.* Cyclone!

Feil: *He stops in his tracks.* Eh? *A tornado whips up and engulfs him.* DAMMIT!!!!

Lyle: Keep that running for as long as you can Masu.

Masu: Got it!

Lyle: *He charges towards Feil, his blades poised.*

Feil: Dammit! *He reaches into his jacket and pulls out another gun. Then points it at Lyle.*

Lyle: !! *He jumps to the side, in time to avoid the bullet.* That was close.

Feil: *The tornado around him disperses. He adjusts his hair.* God you guys are a pain! You keep messing up my look!

Masu: Wow. This guy is a freak.

Lyle: Freakier than that Skeleton guy frozen there?

Masu: WAY freakier.

Feil: I can hear you, you know.

Lyle: We know.

Masu: We just don’t care.

Feil: <_< *He reloads is pistol.*

Lyle: Looks like he’s running out of ammo.

Masu: What makes you say that?

Lyle: From the looks of things, that gun seems to be a spare. In case of emergency. It’s a low quality weapon. So he must use it as a last resort.

Feil: Huh? *He bursts out laughing.* You kidding!? No way is this my last resort! I’m just holding back so it’s more fun. *He opens his jacket to reveal a load of different guns and ammo. Almost like he has an entire arsenal in his clothes.* See?

Masu: ...So much for that.

Lyle: We’ll just have to take him out.

Feil: *He tosses his current gun away. Then takes out a pair of machine guns.* But if you’d rather I not hold back....*He smiles.*

Lyle: Shit! *He turns to head for Masu and Arc.* RUN!

Masu: !!!

Feil: *He fires.*

Lyle: *He looks over his shoulder as the bullets come streaming toward him. They are deflected by an invisible force.* Huh?

Masu: *He holds out his arms.* I put up a barrier. I wasn’t sure if it would work, but it seems to be...

Lyle: *His heart catches up with the rest of his body.* Thanks Masu...

Feil: Dammit! I’m so sick of people blocking my bullets! *He continues firing.*

Lyle: How long can you hold that thing?

Masu: Not too long...

Lyle: Can you move it?

Masu: Huh?

Lyle: I’m going to charge him, keep the barrier moving in front of me, then at the last second, disperse it, and I’ll cut his throat. Can you do it?

Masu: ...You bet!

Feil: *He continues firing.* GAH!!! I HATE BARRIERS!!!

Lyle: *He charges, the barrier moving in front of him, blocking the bullets.*

Feil: Eh? *His guns run out of ammo.* Oh shit.

Lyle: *The barrier in front of him breaks. He swings.*

To Be Continued

Next Episode: The three best bounty hunters

To answer your question Xanatha:

No.

Next Episode: The three best bounty hunters.

Masu: *He stares, mouth agape.* .....

Lyle: *He also stares, shocked.* No...way.

Feil: *The blade makes no cut on Feil, and simply rests on his shoulder.* Man! I guess the secret’s out now...*He calmly reaches for another gun.*

Lyle: *He jumps back, and runs back to Masu.* What the hell!?

Masu: Did you not swing hard enough?

Lyle: Even if I didn’t swing hard enough to lop off his head, there should at least be a scratch or something!

Masu: Then what the hell!?

Feil: Let me show you. *He points the barrel of his new gun at his own skull. He fires, and the bullet shatters at impact.* The planes are a crazy place. I found something that made my body physically indestructible. No cuts, no burns, no nothing. It’s the reason I’m still alive.

Masu: But-

Feil: *He goes off into his own little world.* Dammit. I was hoping to keep it under wraps. I let Grod and Skral find out, there was like no way for them not to find out after they kept trying to kill me.

Lyle: What are you babbling about?

Feil: Of the three most famous bounty hunters, I’m the newest to the field. Skral and Grod have been at it at least a decade longer than I have. Of course I never thought about being a bounty hunter till I became physically indestructible, so when I joined I was. The two of them got pissed that some new kid kept on getting all the kills. So they wound up trying to kill me. As you can imagine, it didn’t go over so well. Of course, I wanted to kill them too. More money for me right? Skral’s body is nearly as indestructible as my own, and Grod....Well, let’s just say that I nearly pissed my pants when he got up after I shot him through the head.

Lyle: (‘Shot him through the head’? Does that mean-?!) *He glances behind him, awaiting the possible revival of his previous opponent.

Feil: So the three of us figured that there was no way any of us could kill any of the others, so we formed a sort of truce. We’ll probably do the same thing once another immortal-like guy comes along. But anyway, enough of me chatting on. *He points his gun at Lyle.* Nothing personal dudes, but I don’t want it getting out about my body. So it looks like I can’t let you live.

Masu: Shit!

Lyle: Masu! Run! I’ll grab Arc.

Masu: Got it! *He turns to run, going past the ice sculpture that is Skral.*

Skral: *The ice shatters as Skral grabs Masu. He shakes the ice off his head.* Did you miss me brat?

Masu: Urk!

Skral: *He breaks out of the ice and tosses Masu towards Lyle.* Hah!

Masu: Rgh!

Lyle: Masu! You okay?

Masu: Yeah...

Grod: *The door behind them swings open. Grod walks in, head and all. He has a hearty laugh to him.* What’s going on? Seems the whole gang is here!

Lyle: Shit...

Masu: Now what?

Lyle: I dunno. We have to protect Arc, but with there being three of them, my previous strategy, won’t work.

Feil: Man. I was hoping I’d get to do the honors of killing them. Well, there’s three of them. That one lying on the ground is half dead though.

Grod: I’ll take that one. I don’t mind.

Skral: I just want their spines. You can have the rest of them.

Feil: But that’s your signature for the kill. I mean, we should split it evenly. If we let you take their spines, everyone thinks you got the kill.

Lyle: There’s something upsetting about hearing them talking about us like this...

Masu: No kidding. Any ideas?

Lyle: Not really. Pray?

Feil: Ah well. *He points his gun at Lyle.* It’s ov-

*Without warning the ground beneath them crumbles. The whole group is in shock, as Grod, Skral and Feil plummet into the pit beneath the floor. Somehow, the part of the floor where Lyle, Masu and Arc are, stays, floating in the air.*

Masu: What the hell!?

Hexblade: Good job Zero.

*Lyle and Masu look to the room behind them. Zero stands with Gerofu in hand. He shattered the floor beneath them, and Hexblade kept the floor beneath Lyle, Masu and Arc, up with his aura.*

Zero: Thanks.

Hexblade: Hang on you two.

Lyle: Hexblade? What the hell are you doing here?

Hexblade: Same thing you are.

Lyle: ....To rescue Princess Kilvas?

Zero: Jen’s here!?

Masu: How do you know Princess?

Zero: I’m her brother! How do you know her?

*Lyle and Masu exchange a look, and thousands of memories recur in their minds.*

Lyle: We rescued her from an arranged marriage, causing her fiancé to come attack us until the point where my old friend who wanted to kill my other friends, killed him, and then we had to stop the demon king from destroying the world.

Zero: .....What?

Masu: Also, I’m her boyfriend.

Zero: WHAT?! *He starts moving to attack Masu.*

Hexblade: *He grabs Zero.* Zero..remember, these are the people we just saved, and there’s no floor.

Zero: ....

Lyle: *He motions to Arc.* He’s injured pretty badly. Is there any way we can get him some help?

Freohr: *She, Ocelot and Bizz are waiting behind Hexblade and Zero.* Oh! Um. I can help! *She grabs her staff.*

Hexblade: Bizz, Ocelot, you stay here with these two. The four of us will go to Princess.

Ocelot and Bizz: Yes sir!

*The four of them make their way to the throne room.*

Princess Kilvas: *She watches as the door opens.* Masu! Lyle! Hexblade! Zero! You’re all okay! What happened to Arc?! What are you all doing here!?

Hexblade: Arc’s going to be fine.

Zero: We came here to rescue you.

*Later.*

Masu: What do you mean you don’t want us to come with you!?

Hexblade: Well for one, you need to take care of Arc. His life is no longer in danger, but he needs someone to take care of him.

Lyle: Well, one of us can do that. The other can go.

Hexblade: Not a good idea. Lyle will be most likely to go home, and we don’t need any internal strife.

Masu: ‘Internal strife?’

Zero: ...Idiot..

Masu: What did you call me!?

Hexblade: Thank you for saving me the trouble to explain.

Princess Kilvas: I’m sorry for worrying you Masu...*Linux sniffs Masu.*

Masu: It’s fine...What’s that thing?

Princess Kilvas: This is Linux! He’s our new pet!

Masu: Do you want us to take him back with us?

Hexblade: *Before Princess can object.* Please.

Princess Kilvas: Hey-!

Hexblade: With Nemzadi out on the lose, things will be more dangerous. It’d be better for him and us if he wasn’t in the way. (Plus I hate him...)

Princess Kilvas: *Tears well up in her eyes.* Oh...I guess you’re right. *She holds Linux out for Masu to grab.* It’s okay Linux. I’ll be home soon.

Linux: *He makes a sad squeaking noise.*

Masu: *He takes Linux.*

Freohr: Aw...Linux...*Tears well up in her eyes as well.*

Bizz: SNIFF. *Hers as well.*

Lyle: Call us if you need help Hexblade.

Hexblade: Will do.

Lyle: ....*He opens a portal, and he and Masu walk through, Lyle carrying Arc, Masu carrying Linux.*

Hexblade: Phew. That’s a load off. Let’s get out of here.

Princess Kilvas: Thanks for rescuing me.

Hexblade: *For a moment he seems to feel a deep sense of remorse.* ...It’s my fault you were captured. I would have given up my life.

Princess Kilvas: Huh?

Hexblade: *His cheery attitude returns.* Don’t worry about it. Still I’m bushed. Holding up something that large for as long as I did takes something out of you. Especially when you’re not fully recovered from nearly being killed by a shadow queen. No matter how good looking she was. *He opens a portal, and the group steps through.*

To Be Continued.

Next Episode: Hexblade’s finest. (Part 1)

Did he die NOW?!

Lol. I'm pretty much torturing you through this whole thing aren't I?

His body is indestructable, so a fall probably wouldn't kill him. I'll address them in the next episode.

Lol. I'm pretty much torturing you through this whole thing aren't I?

His body is indestructable, so a fall probably wouldn't kill him. I'll address them in the next episode.

Lol. Yeah...

To burried him under the ground like that is a smart way of ending his time in the story, so I'm still worrying!

Grod: What? Why you looking at me funny?

Lyle: I dunno. I find ugly people somewhat fascinating.

XD that made me laugh so hard!

Hey Xanatha (unless you mean after they took him away which I think you did for the second time)

Lyle: *He stops at Arc’s body, and lifts it onto his shoulder, then turns around and brings it back to Masu. He lays Arc’s body down near Masu. He checks Arc’s pulse.* He’s alive. But we should get him some help soon. Here’s the plan-
To answer your question Xanatha:

No.

Feil: Tch! *He points his guns at Lyle.*

Masu: Not so fast!

Feil: Eh!? *He points his guns back at Masu.*

Lyle: Got you!

Feil: EH!??! Stop that!!

:D

Princess Kilvas: *Tears well up in her eyes.* Oh...I guess you’re right. *She holds Linux out for Masu to grab.* It’s okay Linux. I’ll be home soon.

Linux: *He makes a sad squeaking noise.*

Masu: *He takes Linux.*

Freohr: Aw...Linux...*Tears well up in her eyes as well.*

Bizz: SNIFF. *Hers as well.*

XD Linux must feel so loved!

This was very cool!!!

And Princess........ WHAT????????? D=

New Episode: Hexblade’s finest moment Part 1.

*Beneath Neblium’s palace.*

Feil: *He pops out of the rubble.* DAMMIT! DAMMITDAMMITDAMMIT!!!!

Grod: *He also comes out of the rubble, his arm crushed.* Eh? What are you yelling about? *He notices his arm, and without a second thought, he tears it off himself. It regenerates in perfect condition a moment later.*

Feil: This is just NOT my day! First my brand new sunglasses get broken! Then my hair gets singed! Those guys find out my secret about me being indestructible, and get away! No doubt that they’ll tell everyone they know, and THEN, I get my clothes all dirty from this fall! Man! This blows!

Grod: You sound like a teenage girl throwing a temper tantrum.

Feil: *He glares at Grod and pouts.* You know who’s really gonna be pissed?

Grod: Who?

Skral: *He breaks out of the rubble, roaring in furious anger.*

Grod: Oh.

Feil: Yeah. (Actually, I was talking about Callisto, but I’ll pretend it was Skral...)

Skral: Those little RODENTS!

Grod: Skral?

Skral: They took her. Without a doubt. I’ll find her....and kill her....

Feil: Erm...Skral? You okay man? You’re freaking me out...

Skral: Shut-up! Or I’ll have your head to!

Feil: Erm. Okay...(Probably a good idea not to argue with him here...)

Grod: We should probably high tail it out of here. Callisto’s gonna be angry when he finds out we failed.

Feil: Well, we couldn’t exactly predict that they were gonna make the floor collapse.

Grod: *Sigh.* All that money. Gone...

Feil: Well, so long as we kill Hexblade, he probably won’t care. That’s the whole reason he stole that chick.

Grod: Good point. I think that-

Skral: WILL YOU TWO SHUT UP?!?!?!

*Feil and Grod stare at Skral.*

Feil: *Wide eyed.* Erm. Sorry dude....

Skral: *He clenches his fists so hard, part of his fingers snap off.*

*New plane. The group enters a large cathedral. The architecture is breath taking, even to the last detail. Every footstep one of them makes echos in the building. They all (save Hexblade.) stare in awe. *

Hexblade: Nice isn’t it?

Bizz: Amazing....

Zero: Yeah.

Hexblade: I come here every once in a while. It’s sort of soothing. Most of the other syndicate members aren’t too big on practicing religion, but I find it to be somewhat respectful.

Princess Kilvas: They don’t believe in a higher being?

Hexblade: No. Most of them do. But they don’t believe in organized religion. I can understand where they’re coming from. But putting all this effort into something you believe in inspiring I think.

Ocelot: (It’s just a bunch of rocks put together...)

Freohr: So now what do we do? We’ve rescued Princess.

Hexblade: Well, that’s what we’ve come here for. This is a place I come to think. So I plan to do that. We have a lot of ground to cover with Nemzadi around now. She’ll be tough to deal with. Give me a few minutes to decide on a course of action. *He walks over to one of the seats in the front row and sits. His eyes close as he thinks.*

Zero: *Careful not to disturb Hexblade, he starts conversing with Princess.* So...are you okay?

Princess Kilvas: Huh? Yeah. I’m fine.

Zero: They didn’t hurt you?

Princess Kilvas: Well, that bone guy certainly wanted too. But I’m fine Zero.

Zero: Are you sure?

Princess Kilvas: Of course I’m sure!

Hexblade: *He opens one eye to look at them.* Trying to concentrate here...

Zero: Er. Sorry! *He turns back to Princess. Whispering.* Jen...who’s this Masu guy?

Princess Kilvas: *She blushes slightly.* He’s my boyfriend...

Zero: I know that. But like, what’s he like?

Princess Kilvas: Well....he’s kinda goofy, but he’s always looking out for me. And he’s always trying to protect me. He’s sweet.

Zero: ....I don’t really like him..

Princess Kilvas: What? You don’t even know him!

Zero: I know, but I guess I don’t trust him, that’s all...

Hexblade: You’re intimidated by the fact that someone else is more important to Princess then yourself.

Zero: *He glares at Hexblade.* What happened to trying to concentrate?

Hexblade: Just offering my input.

Zero: Fine. Then what’s this Lyle guy like?

Princess Kilvas: He’s the same way really. Cept he’s not my boyfriend. He’s nice, protective, if a little full of himself from time to time. But I owe both of them my life. And my freedom.

Zero: ....

Princess Kilvas. *She places a hand on his shoulder.* But neither of them could ever replace my dear brother. *She smiles at him.*

Zero: *He looks at her and smiles.*

Ocelot: Aww. How cute.

Zero and Princess: EH?!

*Ocelot, Freohr and Bizz are watching the two of them have their heart to heart. Freohr looks slightly puzzled, Bizz has tears welling up in her eyes, and Ocelot looks sickened by the ‘lovey dovey’ crap.*

Bizz: Aww! Zero! Princess!

Freohr: W-wait, when has Lyle and Masu saved your life Princess? When were you in danger? Have I not been doing my job properly!? Don’t fire me Princess!

Ocelot: *He sticks a tongue out.*

Zero: *He rolls his eyes.*

Princess Kilvas: Heh.. You’re fine Freohr.

Hexblade: !!! *He jumps out of his seat and grabs his blades.*

Zero: What’s wrong?!

Hexblade: Someone is here.

Ocelot: Gezee. Can’t people leave us alone for more than a hour?

*A cackling laughter resounds in the cathedral.*

???: Looks like I finally found you.

Hexblade: Looks like another bounty hunter.

???: Close. But not quite.

Freohr: This guy....We should stay out of it. Right Hexblade?

Hexblade: Looks like you’re getting better at picking up the size of someone’s aura. Yeah. You guys aren’t fit for this just yet. I’m sorry. But this guy is on a different level from some of the people we’ve been fighting. He could prove to be trouble. Even for me.

???: I’m flattered you think that.

Ocelot: Hard to tell where he with this echo....

Princess Kilvas: Not only that... But it sounds like he’s moving around too.

Hexblade: Yeah. Whomever he is, he’s fast. Faster than I am.

Io: *Io of the galilean soldiers pops out of nowhere in front of Hexblade. His two blades tucked into his sleeve drawn and ready to pierce Hexblade.* TIME TO DIE!!

Hexblade: *He parries Io’s blows, but as he moves to counter attack, Io disappears.* Shit.

Io: *This time he appears behind Hexblade and goes to stab him through.* HAHA!!!

Hexblade: *He grunts, and one of his blades blocks the blow, without hesitation, Io leaves and comes to attack Hexblade from the front again. Hexblade uses two blades to parry Io, and sends him scattering back across the floor.* (Damn. This guy may even be faster than Zotos was...)

Io: *He laughs.* What? You didn’t think I would be a pushover. And don’t plan on fleeing this time. Cause if you do, I’ll just rip all their heads off! *He laughs again.* Though, once I’m finished with you, they’ll get their fair share. *He laughs again. His laugh is enough to creep someone out as he cackles manically.*

Hexblade: Hm. I’m gonna have to take a different approach here.

Io: *He stops his laugh.* Eh?

Hexblade: What? You think I got to be one of the strongest of the demonclaw syndicate just cause I was of the original members? Fat chance. *He places a hand on his mask.* I’m no pushover Io. And you’d do well to remember that. Considering that you’d make it through this fight. *He takes off his mask and tosses it to the side. Revealing his face. He’s somewhat handsome, with a goatee. But more than that, the entire cathedral erupts in Hexblade’s aura.*

Io: !!!

*The group watches in awe of Hexblade’s performance.*

Hexblade: Time to let loose.

To Be Continued

Next Episode: Hexblade’s finest moment. Part 2.