Samson vs Arran

Lance-a-lot

Samson vs Arran  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer?

Anyone know or think they know who's better? Personally I think Samson is just too cool to pass up and he's not too bad, Arran on the other hand felt like an awfully placed paladin considering he hardly seems better than Jagen when you first get him and Jagen has been here since ch. 1

Edited: *Arran

excuse my American spelling

Edited by Lance-a-lot

Samson is better in my opinion especially in older games with 20 stat caps and in newer he's pretty good with axes so yeah samson. Also I though the title was samus vs aran guess I been playing to much metroid.

I think Samson can double things (Cavaliers / Knights / Generals) and use Poleaxe and Hammer pretty well on lower difficulties, whereas Arran might (don't know how much HP C18 Cavs have) be able to oneshot Cavaliers, but no Hammer access, so Samson should be way better of a choice. Arran seems pretty much a waste on lower difficulties to me, plus Jagen doesn't face "I get doubled issues" too much anyways.

On harder difficulties, you're likely to have/need a forged Ridersbane, so Arran can be used on a forged Ridersbane tradechain or to toss Javelin for chipdamage against enemy cavalry. Samson can't double Cavaliers anyways on harder HMs (killing Knights or Generals isn't all that hard anyways with Magic and bulkier Hammer users in Wolf/Sedgar/Barst) so I'd stick to Arran on harder difficulties for the movement and RB access.

Note that, if you use Arran, he should reclass to Dracoknight.

Edited by Gradivus.

and samson pretends to have been a famous swordfighter -> joins with D Swords as a Hero

Also, Arran can use the Gradivus at base, so he gets bias points!

Edited by Gradivus.

Arran's growths are SLIGHTLY better. Samson's bases are SLIGHTLY better. Assuming you actually try to have Arran's growths kick in (GOOD LUCK), Samson will still beat him in Strength, but Arran will win in Speed. Personally, I'd go with Samson just because he's better-looking.

I'm still wondering why IS decided to bump them both up to level 10 without making and major changes to their stats. In any case, I suppose Samson is somewhat less terrible.

I'm still wondering why IS decided to bump them both up to level 10 without making and major changes to their stats. In any case, I suppose Samson is somewhat less terrible.

Agreed, I've always wished Fire emblem would buff up the characters you get later on in the game, considering they come at such high levels, so they can be somewhat useful. I mean Nino though...really? C'mon now, they didn't even sort of try with her.

nino is supposed to start weaker and end up overkill with babying though

fe11 arran and samson (and a bunch of other people in fe11/12) are just weak and have no opportunity or potential to grow :(

nino is supposed to start weaker and end up overkill with babying though

fe11 arran and samson (and a bunch of other people in fe11/12) are just weak and have no opportunity or potential to grow :(

No way! Really? I always neglected using her due to her horrendous starting condition so i never got to realize her full potential :\

No way! Really? I always neglected using her due to her horrendous starting condition so i never got to realize her full potential :\

Yeah her horrendous starting condition is a big reason why people don't use her, especially because even though her stats are really good in the end she still doesn't outperform Pent on the grounds that they're both killing everything anyway (and I think Pent is more durable by the time the game is over anyway)