QOTD 3 ★ Q600: What is your favorite Sanrio character? [With bonus question! Important announcement in the question post on page 370!]

Specta

Many times...

Several years ago I used to get highlights on a regular basis, but I stopped getting those because I started obsessing about how they looked too "stripey". After that I started getting it dyed a reddish brown for a little while. Eventually I got sick of that colour and went back to brown, which is my natural colour. For about a year or so I was dying it a chocolatey brown because I dislike my natural brown colour, but I stopped dying it about a year ago. Now it's plain old dark ash (?) brown.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes!

Freshman year it was a dark red but then these meanie kids made fun of it so I went back to black. In the following weeks other kids dyed their hair red and yeah... (.n. ) I like to think I started something.

Anyways, recently my hair has been dark brown with a touch of blonde. Right now it's black and I'll be keeping it that way for a while.

Nope, and I don't intend to.

Yes!

Freshman year it was a dark red but then these meanie kids made fun of it so I went back to black. In the following weeks other kids dyed their hair red and yeah... (.n. ) I like to think I started something.

Anyways, recently my hair has been dark brown with a touch of blonde. Right now it's black and I'll be keeping it that way for a while.

: ( Well, those kids are a thing of past friend.

*pats*

Edited by Soledai

I did it once, when I was 13. Added bright blonde highlights to my hair (it's dirty blonde, by the way). First two days the highlights came out white, then for the next two weeks or so they ended up looking green, apparently. It looked blonde to me, so I have no idea what the other kids saw

i have brown hair. i dyed my hair once. it looked lovely, but it didn't stay long...it faded and looked weird and i didn't want to dye it again, so i trimmed my hair every now and then until that dyed hair ran out. my hair is at shoulder length now. i'm thinking about trying kool aid as dye sometime, since supposedly it lasts a heck of a long time and it works on dark hair without bleaching it first. if that works out then i'll dye it all purple when my hair grows out some more and keep it that way like forever

I think I bleached it or something in second grade? It was like white or blonde for awhile I think

then red, also in second grade

besides those, then no.

[spoiler=also]

Hey Specta, mind if I suggest a question or two?

'How do you make your noodles' or 'Favorite flavor for ramen' or something. I dunno.

One, both, or none, I don't really mind.

Thanks!

will do! thanks for the suggestion!

i have brown hair. i dyed my hair once. it looked lovely, but it didn't stay long...it faded and looked weird and i didn't want to dye it again, so i trimmed my hair every now and then until that dyed hair ran out. my hair is at shoulder length now. i'm thinking about trying kool aid as dye sometime, since supposedly it lasts a heck of a long time and it works on dark hair without bleaching it first. if that works out then i'll dye it all purple when my hair grows out some more and keep it that way like forever

Fashion colors like purple are really difficult to keep on. You would have to revisit your stylist (or re-tone it on your own) every few weeks or so in order to keep it vibrant. Maybe even sooner.

Dunno how kool-aid will work with your hair, but I have heard similar things about it. Hopefully it works for you.

Fashion colors like purple are really difficult to keep on. You would have to revisit your stylist (or re-tone it on your own) every few weeks or so in order to keep it vibrant. Maybe even sooner.

Dunno how kool-aid will work with your hair, but I have heard similar things about it. Hopefully it works for you.

My friend irl has this lovely shade of cobalt shes been keeping for years now. She does it every month i think. And she has to keep a bottle of shampoo mixed with the dye in order to keep it from fading like hell. Its hard work.

As for kool-aid, i used it before. You put in some water (but not too much) into a pot/pan and poul the kool-aid packet into that. Then you bring it to a boil. Dont leave it to boil for too long. I think 2 minutes worked. After that, take it off the boil, let it cool a bit and try streaking your hair with it.

Ghetto fabulousness at its finest. It lasts only a week or so depending on how often you shampoo.

(Note: Unsweetened kool-aid packages only for obvious reasons.)

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

My friend irl has this lovely shade of cobalt shes been keeping for years now. She does it every month i think. And she has to keep a bottle of shampoo mixed with the dye in order to keep it from fading like hell. Its hard work.

Cobalt, huh? What a beautiful color.

Yeah, shampoos that either help conserve the color or have dyes mixed in really help keep dyed hair vibrant. I'd recommend you invest in some of that if you can, Hoshi.

dr b wow you're the coolest

nope

Q595: How do you like your noodles?

do you have a favorite way to each them? do you just really like instant chicken ramen?

shoutout to draco for letting me not think about what question to make it today