QOTD 3 ★ Q600: What is your favorite Sanrio character? [With bonus question! Important announcement in the question post on page 370!]

Specta

saving private ryan is technically distributed/co-produced by dreamworks

edit: a non-:msug: answer would be prolly how to train your dragon. or maybe flushed away

i accept "technically distrubited by dreamworks" tbh

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a question? Prince of Egypt.

I was gonna say not sure, but I didn't realize that Prince of Egypt was Dreamworks.

For Disney, I think that Sword in the Stone or Black Cauldron would be my favorites since they're based on books I love.

Had to google Dreamworks filmography since I'm sure I've seen something by them I just don't usually remember what studio the movie's from other than like, Disney

but if Wikipedia is to be believed, War Horse

I fucking loved War Horse, I made the decision to watch it because Tom Hiddleston but stayed for the rest of the movie because it was fucking good

Had to google Dreamworks filmography since I'm sure I've seen something by them I just don't usually remember what studio the movie's from other than like, Disney

but if Wikipedia is to be believed, War Horse

I fucking loved War Horse, I made the decision to watch it because Tom Hiddleston but stayed for the rest of the movie because it was fucking good

This is my answer. Deal with it. I honestly do not care too much for Dreamworks animation.

httyd

both

people are saying prince of egypt and I don't even remember anything about it other than watching it when I was little or s/t

Tumblr makes a big deal out of Prince of Egypt, and while its good, the Ten Commandments exist. Thus rendering Prince of Egypt inferior, for Ten Commandments is probably one of the best films ever made period. I just wish young people would watch it....

How To Train Your Dragon is amazing. Haven't seen the second one for some godforsaken reason. whoops

lmao looking at their filmography shrek 3 literally lost forty-nine rotten tomatoes percent compared to the last two

ngl I've not really seen any one dreamworks thing that stands out above the rest. This is probably because I've not seen either HTTYD.

Tumblr makes a big deal out of Prince of Egypt, and while its good, the Ten Commandments exist. Thus rendering Prince of Egypt inferior, for Ten Commandments is probably one of the best films ever made period. I just wish young people would watch it....

Prince of Egypt is superior because you can start watching it after supper and still get some sleep before breakfast.

Prince of Egypt is superior because you can start watching it after supper and still get some sleep before breakfast.

Technicolor and Yul Brenner disagree with you, ser.

Technicolor and Yul Brenner disagree with you, ser.

lol

Actually, the reason I like the Prince of Egypt (in comparison to 10C) is that it is about half the length, but mostly because Ramses is a much more complicated in Prince, plus there are some really cool 2D animation techniques. I can't really remember much of 10C, it definitely has a more epic feel to it though, but I feel Prince of Egypt does enough unique things to at least be a distinguished entity rather than a superior or inferior adaptation of Exodus.

lol

Actually, the reason I like the Prince of Egypt (in comparison to 10C) is that it is about half the length, but mostly because Ramses is a much more complicated in Prince, plus there are some really cool 2D animation techniques. I can't really remember much of 10C, it definitely has a more epic feel to it though, but I feel Prince of Egypt does enough unique things to at least be a distinguished entity rather than a superior or inferior adaptation of Exodus.

Strongly Disagree. I find that those bumbling singing priests actually do a lot more harm to the animated film than good. Not only is Ramses in Ten Commandments a very well rounded character, but he also develops. The relationship between Ramses and Moses (and Seti) is much more explored in Ten Commandments. Not only that but Prince does not really discuss what happens after they cross the Red Sea which is pretty damn important. If i recall, all you see is animated Moses holding the Commandments and bam, the end.

One thing both films do oh so right, is visuals. But i think if one really wants an Exodus film that is also a character study, watch the Ten Commandments. (less unnecessary singing as well.)

Never heard of it.

you are strongly incorrect and also wrong, due to the existence of how to train your dragon 2, an in fact perfect film with no drawbacks, qed

you are strongly incorrect and also wrong, due to the existence of how to train your dragon 2, an in fact perfect film with no drawbacks, qed

so if u were a movie it would be httyd2