QOTD 3 ★ Q600: What is your favorite Sanrio character? [With bonus question! Important announcement in the question post on page 370!]

Specta

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bravely default (no), marvel's avengers (no), and a short story by borges wherein the only difference with the contemporary world is that there are a couple obscure books that don't really exist in real life. i choose the last one because the differences are entirely inconsequential to my current life

Super Smash Bros for 3DS/Wii U, Arrow, and Snow Crash, respectively.

Probably Arrow's because it's basically the real world but with super powers, but Snow Crash's has a certain appeal.

Seems like a shitty place to live, though.

Breaking Bad. I just have to, like, not do meth.

Or take planes.

I'd just fly up... um... north? I guess? I don't fucking know where New Mexico is, but I'm sure I have mates in the area.

This sure is a pro dodging the question answer though so my Not Modern Earth answer is ... hell, it might be cool to just chill out in the Star Wars universe, KOTOR or SWTOR era.

Edited by Parrhesia

bravely default (no), marvel's avengers (no), and a short story by borges wherein the only difference with the contemporary world is that there are a couple obscure books that don't really exist in real life. i choose the last one because the differences are entirely inconsequential to my current life

it has been a while and I am not even sure I have read every Borges short story in english. Are you talking about the one where scholars intent an alternate world, and then Borges suggests that the fantasy world is replacing the real one? Or something?;

Breaking Bad. I just have to, like, not do meth.

Or take planes.

I'd just fly up... um... north? I guess? I don't fucking know where New Mexico is, but I'm sure I have mates in the area.

This sure is a pro dodging the question answer though so my Not Modern Earth answer is ... hell, it might be cool to just chill out in the Star Wars universe, KOTOR or SWTOR era.

new mexico is the western neighbor of texas in the southwest hth

answer: between psych, lotro, and the black company, I will take anything at all that is not the black company

Q465: What foods do you not like?

it has been a while and I am not even sure I have read every Borges short story in english. Are you talking about the one where scholars intent an alternate world, and then Borges suggests that the fantasy world is replacing the real one? Or something?;

Borges has made a couple essays on non-existing authors and works of fiction

One of those is about some french (iirc) guy who re wrote the quixote not by memory but by creating it from scratch again. It's pretty funny in a pretentious way

Edited by fuccboi

One of those is about some french (iirc) guy who re wrote the quixote not by memory but by creating it from scratch again. It's pretty funny in a pretentious way

I kinda loved that one. To be more accurate (hahaha pretentious bragging rights), I think the story is written as though the project is in progress rather than completed.