Will there be avatars and waifus in this game? Avatar and waifu discussion. Waifus, the second coming.

Misses Elise-chan!

Waifus  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the return of waifus in this game?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What about another self insert avatar?

• Yes
    • No

Personally, I don't really care about the marriage system, but I voted yes because I wouldn't be at all upset with its return.

As for the Avatar, I voted yes on that, too. But I hope there's less plot involvement for your self-insert than in Awakening because Robin was kind of a Black Hole Sue. Also, being less overpowered would be a plus, too.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing with Marriage in FE13 is that it was plot important at least for Chrom. Plus the benefit of it was for the children characters, which was a pretty cool feature, but that added the whole time traveling thing of Awakening. I'd think that they won't be doing that again. I don't mind if it comes back but I will not be upset if it does not.

The Avatar was a pretty cool feature but with the supports and story being scripted and whatnot, it didn't feel like it was really portraying myself like it was intending to do. If anything, they did say that your choices will affect the story. Perhaps if the Avatar IS back there are now dialogue choices to sculpt out our own personalities into the Avatars. I love the feature but I want to feel unique from other FE players knowing that I'm doing something different in the game than most other people and not just be another customer on the same rollercoaster as everyone else.

I don't mind if marriage as a mechanic is returning, though I doubt it if this game doesn't have a second gen. People are going to waifu characters anyway, there's no way to stop them. I hope the avatar is either a very minor character if he is included, I like the avatar as a gameplay addition and thing to customize.

Preferably neither for both though I honestly get the feeling that they will bring back an Avatar. I just hope that it's not as terrible as Awakening's. If that's the case, I do hope it's played more straightforward with more of a neutral personality. I really don't see how they expected people to think they are the Avatar in Awakening when it had a personality of its own (along with the incessant amount of "strategy" related lines JUST TO LET YOU KNOW YOU'RE PLAYING A STRATEGY GAM-

Anyways, more decision making on your part. If they bring back marriage, fine, just let it happen at the end of the game so we don't get some abrupt marriage proposal seemingly out of nowhere. The transition between friendship and marriage in Awakening was about as smooth as sandpaper.

Probably; the Supports system has always been popular for both gameplay and characterization. Mechanically it allows variance and combat strategy, while fluff-wise it makes for amusing character moments and people to squee over pairings (I being rather partial to certain ones myself).

As for the Avatar, probably; again, a feature that went over well due to the fact that the player could tailor an Avatar to their liking to fit their play style.

The aspects about awakening that I hate is that it is viewed as a glorified dating sim and nothing else so no marriage system

I once saw a review of awakening that was titled fire emblem awakening is the best dating sim and that is just annoying

I think somebody posted this already, but I feel as if the avatar is out of place compared to the other unit. He just sticks out. Perhaps its the gimmick of the avatar to stick out, but the avatar does not have any character. He feels bland. If we could customize the personality of the avatar, it would be nice. But I really don't care for a self insert. The story is much interesting without one IMO.

Honestly I would not mind if these features returned as I enjoyed playing around with them quite a bit. I think they'll return I mean its part of what made Awakening so well received and if they didn't include them it would probably alienate FE's newfound audience and IS dosen't want that. Sides I think having an avatar will be better this time around given the whole serious impact of decisions thing which I'm more than psyched for.

Am I the only one who didn't really see all that much of a difference between Awakening's support system and the one's in previous games beyond being able to marry at any point rather then just in a throwaway line at the end?

Incidentally, I'm fine with marriage as long as they keep it in the background and give me options for different files.

As for the Avatar? Keep them, with the caveat that they just take the lord position for themselves or be a background unit. Awakening's hodgepodge compromise between the two didn't work out well.

I'm a huge fan of customizable characters in pretty much any game so I'd be at least a little disappointed if that feature was removed. As for waifus I couldn't really care less either way.

I agree with every post that said people are gonna waifu even if it isn't a game mechanic. Honestly, I don't see the point in getting angry over them to begin with, even more so over the internet...

All I want is a unique ending with someone if you decide to max out your support with them. "Waifus" specifically can stay or leave but we all know they're going to stay around in one form or another. When you realize it is a lot of the pop culture as opposed to the characters themselves being written that way, a lot of people angry about it really have no reason to scream for the removal of a feature when we're already neck deep in this mess. To put it bluntly, its like cutting off diseased filled tissue after its already spread.

But back to the unique ending. None of the bs where they just inserted the person the MU or other males married into a copy paste scenario. It screamed lazy writing. And they should add back the platonic endings so some people would stop complaining over ridiculous and trivial matters. Then again, the whole waifu thing actually bothers people so w/e at this point...

The avatar should come back, just lessen his involvement to less than the Lord and allow other characters a chance to shine. And nerf him a bit gameplay-wise.

I actually don't want an avatar to return because so far I don't think it's worked out. However, there seems to be a good chance that it's going to return, and I'd actually be all right with the avatar if they WERE the lord. Can't steal spotlight from the lord if you are the lord, after all.

Waifus need to go and stay go, though.

That's actually a decent idea - the Avatar themselves being the Lord.

And given the whole idea of "choices" that they're talking about and also looking at the Analysis that has now been posted here on Serene's Forest based on the trailer, that might actually be surprisingly close to what's happening.

But we'll see how it actually turns out.

I never cared much about waifus so I'm neutral. I don't have any negative or positive view about it. It's just another game-play mechanic to me. If they bring back Awakening's marriage system, I'll use it. If they don't, I don't mind.

For Avatar, it depends. I don't mind an Avatar as long as they're not a Sue.

Edited by Ryo

I don't know why people are so hung up over "waifus" in the game. The general idea of a "waifu" is something that appears in different ways in tons of media. It's like being annoyed that there are swords in the game.

Personally, as long as they don't force anything dumb on me, I don't give a shit.

I never cared much about waifus so I'm neutral. I don't have any negative or positive view about it. It's just another game-play mechanic to me. If they bring back Awakening's marriage system, I'll use it. If they don't, I don't mind.

For Avatar, it depends. I don't mind an Avatar as long as they're not a Sue.

Pretty much this. I liked marrying to see different character reactions...but you can see different character interactions in other Fire Emblem games without marriage either.

If they do bring marriage back, I don't care. Same goes for the Avatar (It'd be cool if he/she was a Lord character though, then we're not trying to fight for the spotlight like Avatar and Chrom).

While I don't need marriage I really hope we don't return to the old support system. I always hated the whole "You can only have one friend" system. People in war make friends with everyone in their unit, if someone tries to die for me you best believe I'm going to love the hell out of them. I would love to see the "Social Links" apply to every character with every character.