VincentASM

The bridge ? I didn't see that.

So it would be why this Gans guy called him naive ? Because said prince thought it would be a good idea to stand on the tiny bridge made of wood, alone with only his Jagen behind him and said bandit in front of him ? It would super-lame.

Not really, probably that it was foolish to take the high roads through the mountains to leave the capital or try to escape at all, typical bandit faire.

The idea I'm most confident is, Kamui chooses which side he wants, and is run out of the castle because A. He is a traitor, or B. Because the main characters home is attacked for the billionth time. But I like your idea better than the typical IS opening story.

I have to make an assumption here, but if kamui is related to max, max's quote that his father might have done evil acts likely connected to the golem (which was shown primarily attacking the eastern forces and is western in origin), would make sense if kamui discovered his plans ahead of time and decided to flee to warn the opposing country.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I agree that the avatar shouldn't get access too all other classes.

It looks cool on paper,but it ends up pretty broken(at least if they reuse the skill system from awakening),I'd say that if class change is an option again at all,the avatar should have as much classes to choose from as all the others(maybe they could simply give him/her a mounted and a mage class as alternative?)

Maybe something like Lord/Mage/Mercenary? So you can get access to all weapons (save Dark, and whatever that new magic fan-thing is):

Great Lord (if it's the same as in FE13, which it may very well not be) for Sword/Lance

Sage for Magic/Staff

Dark Knight for Sword/Magic

Hero for Sword/Axe

Bow Knight for Sword/Bow

Looking at Kamui, though, I can imagine him using Dark. I also get the feeling he's a Manakete. I think it's pretty likely he'll be able to reclass to anything, or maybe he'll have Lord/Dark Mage/Manakete? Or maybe one or more completely new class(es).

I think free class selection is pretty important for an avatar character. If you they believe that it can be too overpowered, then they should allow the player to choose the class set, like how the player chooses the avatar's strength and weakness. Maybe bring back the questionary from New Mystery and use that for class sets too, not just growth rates and stat bonuses..

Edited by NeonZ

I think free class selection is pretty important for an avatar character. If you they believe that it can be too overpowered, then they should allow the player to choose the class set, like how the player chooses the avatar's strength and weakness. Maybe bring back the questionary from New Mystery and use that for class sets too, not just growth rates and stat bonuses..

I agree wholeheartedly with this, I like how New Mystery handled MU creation.

Don't use class sets and just let the player pick three (or however many base classes we're going with) for the main character. The Lord class may be variable in terms of weapons available, pick two, one to start with one to promote into, the other two you pick. Solves the problems that people are worried about both in terms of having too many options or being stuck in a class(es) you don't like.

I'm ruling out Amnesia in Kamui's back story like Robin since I doubt IS would pull that card twice in a row and that he's met by people who know him/her, rendering amnesia pointless. Interestingly, he/she appears younger than Robin, which to me means that they won't treat him like he's the know it all to save everything? (unless IS establishes the lord as some tactical prodigy for some reason). Also, the chapter where Kamui encounters Gans looks like the first chapter in the game after the inevitable prologue which probably involves Felicia and the dancer. The reason I say this is because there's the Oifey/Jagen unit right behind him on the bridge which leads to nowhere further back, no other player units are present.

I'm guessing Kamui had to run from the capital due to the actions of his father who probably uses the disappearance as a scapegoat to attack the eastern neighbors and repeat events similar to those found in the painting.

There is actually what looks like a cleric if you look just over the prince's shoulder on the left side of the screen. You can see her staff and the top of her head that match up to the cleric seen in the other screenshots that people are guessing to be Felicia.

That doesn't really affect your theory, but still.

Jan_011.jpg

Not really, probably that it was foolish to take the high roads through the mountains to leave the capital or try to escape at all, typical bandit faire.

I have to make an assumption here, but if kamui is related to max, max's quote that his father might have done evil acts likely connected to the golem (which was shown primarily attacking the eastern forces and is western in origin), would make sense if kamui discovered his plans ahead of time and decided to flee to warn the opposing country.

Wait, Kamui may be related to Marx/Max? What have I missed? I like it, just wasn't aware that that was a possibility. If that's the case, then both of our ideas are still plausible I believe. Also could mean that Marx will eventually be on our side as Kamui will likely be able to persuade his own family to join the side of good. I'm just really hoping Marx is playable if you can't tell! And the eastern Samurai as well please.

Wait, Kamui may be related to Marx/Max? What have I missed? I like it, just wasn't aware that that was a possibility. If that's the case, then both of our ideas are still plausible I believe. Also could mean that Marx will eventually be on our side as Kamui will likely be able to persuade his own family to join the side of good. I'm just really hoping Marx is playable if you can't tell! And the eastern Samurai as well please.

if we're going by the whole "fire emblem IF will be about choices and picking sides" speculation (which I honestly think would be great) I would not be surprised if only one of the two were recruitable (so, both being recruitable, but you can only choose one, like pokemon fossils)

I feel like unless there were some plot twist and the game gets hijacked by earth dragons or something ("oh haha what you were fighting over isn't really super relevant let's go kill the real enemy")

like, if they really are two diametrically opposed figures standing for an entire faction

that being able to recruit both would just cheapen things

also #TeamMarx

if we're going by the whole "fire emblem IF will be about choices and picking sides" speculation (which I honestly think would be great) I would not be surprised if only one of the two were recruitable (so, both being recruitable, but you can only choose one, like pokemon fossils)

I feel like unless there were some plot twist and the game gets hijacked by earth dragons or something ("oh haha what you were fighting over isn't really super relevant let's go kill the real enemy")

like, if they really are two diametrically opposed figures standing for an entire faction

also #TeamMarx

I really hope it will be about taking side, and neither is truly evil, it could also be that each side has different characters you recruit, and those you would have recruited on the other side are bosses, that's one way I could see you would even connect with chapter bosses (that aren't monsters) more for every playtrough, if you pick the other side.

also #TeamMarx

Yes, choosing a side is what I and the general population of the forums seem to be running with. As long as both are playable, even if not at the same time, I'll be happy. Also, #TeamMarx is correct.

imo having neither side be completely "right" or "wrong" - like, there being nuance literally at the core of the plot - also makes it much easier to have effective sympathetic villains, which is something that I always enjoy in an FE

although that also leads to like

if both sides could be "right" how is choosing one over the other justified?

wouldn't be too surprised to see a "true" route be unlocked later

(although having the side that you don't choose degenerate into being "more evil" seems like a likely alternative)

I feel like people are forgetting there appears to be a third party which is probably the true antagonist. Those dudes with the demonic emblems at the beginning of the trailer which may or may not be causing the two sides to war. So perhaps the first half of the game will be pick a side, second half fight the enemies who were behind the scenes. Perhaps Marx is like Jamke and his father is similar to Bantou(I think that's his name), I could get behind that.

imo having neither side be completely "right" or "wrong" - like, there being nuance literally at the core of the plot - also makes it much easier to have effective sympathetic villains, which is something that I always enjoy in an FE

although that also leads to like

if both sides could be "right" how is choosing one over the other justified?

wouldn't be too surprised to see a "true" route be unlocked later

(although having the side that you don't choose degenerate into being "more evil" seems like a likely alternative)

Law, Neutral and Chaotic obviously :P (Ok enough SMT).

But in all seriousness I could see this working out. 2 sides you pick, they fight but later team up against a later force. However the people you get still depends on what side you picked. Either that or we go the Super Robot Wars Original Generation route. Pick one route, get that routes characters, the other routes join much much much later.

Kind of a delayed response, but I don't think there being an avatar has been quite confirmed, but as good as confirmed, I suppose...

I'm really hoping Marx isn't related to the avatar! If the marriage system returns, he's gonna be my husband, since he's even hotter than Chrom. *sighs* I feel so shallow--I know nothing of his pesonality yet.

Don't use class sets and just let the player pick three (or however many base classes we're going with) for the main character. The Lord class may be variable in terms of weapons available, pick two, one to start with one to promote into, the other two you pick. Solves the problems that people are worried about both in terms of having too many options or being stuck in a class(es) you don't like.

I love this idea, so, so much. For a while now I've been trying to come up with how deeper mechanical customization could work, but you did it for me. This plus the Asset/Flaw of earlier games would be optimal customization options for me.

The only problem I have with this idea is that I be extremely disappointed if this idea isn't used.

I have nothing against a MU/Avatar, but I have some desires if that is the case for Fire Emblem IF:

• The Avatar either is the main character and doesn't overshadow the real main character (Like FE7's Mark)
  • If the Avatar is a Lord, which I think would be awesome, I don't want class selection or anything like that, I just want to be able to choose my weapon and growth rates/base stats.
  • I want the Avatar to have a consistent personality. I dunno how to explain this but Robin in Awakening seemed so... fake? I dunno it seems kinda out of place for an amnesiac tactical genius to know how to beat several different forces of enemies, but not win in chess. (I get it was a sort of don't want to lose anybody thing, but I mean its chess, he should have been able to win.)

I also hope that if there is a MU, he isn't basically a walking god who everybody wants to get with and kiss at his/her feet because without them all would be lost. (I mean yeah, it would be lost since the avatar is supposed to be you, but still.)

Anyway that is just my opinion on what I hope for in the Avatar for Fire Emblem IF, assuming there is one, there might not be. Until I know for certain I'm definitely gonna look forward to any new information we receive.

What I would like to see for the avatar:

1. The avatar needs to be a Lord
  2. The avatar must not be OP.If there is re-classing,in avatar creation it should make you pick two classes that you can re-class to and they would be your class options along side Lord.e.g you pick Mercenary and Mage in a.c your classes are:Lord->Great Lord,Mercenary->Hero/Bow Knight and Mage->Sage/Dark Knight
  3. Please let him/her have a decent personality and back story.(And not be the incarnation of a demon dragon)
  4. Please let us pick his/her backstory like in FE12 and then that would affect stat growths and modifiers.

One thing I think would be cool is if kamui's outfit changed depending on their highest stat growth. Nothing too big, just little things like adding shoulder plates if kamui's highest stat growth is defense.

Also please let us have some personality customization, or at the very least a better one. I think something that could help with that is if the MU couldn't support with everyone. More people to support with than everyone else sure, but literally befriending the whole army is ridiculous.

Edited by Honey Bunny

1. The avatar needs to be the protagonist

2. The avatar needs access to Lord

3. You need to be able to choose the starting class

4. More interesting backstory then Robin

5. Customization level of a Korean MMO