Amiibo Compatibility Plz?

Anacybele

Please, IS. :3 You're doing it for Code Name Steam! *puppy dog eyes*

Does everyone else want this game to be compatible with Amiibos? I hope that like Code Name Steam, they let you add Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina to your team! That would be perfect! I mean, we already got DLC for the first two in Awakening and several other past FE lords. The Amiibos could add unique models for them too this time. Maybe you could even customize your Robin!

They could also possibly unlock new weapons/items/skills. Ike could add Ragnell and/or Aether, Marth could add his Falchion, etc.

What do you all think? Would any of this be awesome to see?

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does everyone else want this game to be compatible with Amiibos?

We don't know ALL too much about this new game. It doesn't even have an official title yet.

I don't know if Awakening had like, steady streams of info leaked out every now and then, as I wasn't into the franchise then, or if the trailer was all we got.

We won't know until the hypothesized leak, or, if that wasn't the case, we'll have to figure out at the games release.

...but I don't know why the game WOULDN'T have Amiibo support. I mean, no doubt money is being made by it, so why shouldn't this new game join in on it? It might come in the form of DLC, on top of DLC payed for using money. (In case that was confusing: There might be DLC on top of DLC being provided by the Amiibo) And even if it did have Amiibo/DLC, I doubt it would be from the start.

But my question: will this game be for the new 3DS only? The one that has Amiibo-comparability built it? I mean, it looked like an improvement from Awakening: the transition from Battle Sprites to the battle itself.

I recall that Nintendo confirmed that yes, the current 3DS(/2DS?) will have Amiibo support... But it looks like through the use of an external item, as well as a DS patch.

I guess to sum it all up... Yes. I think they'll be Amiibo Support. Give them some time.

(Another question: Specific Amiibo for this game? Hoho!)

Edited by ~Silver

If they did include amiibo support, that would be great as hopefully that would encourage Nintendo to supply a steady stream of FE figures.

I also don't think this game will be exclusive to the new 3DS launching last month, as judging from the gameplay shown it doesn't seem to be that graphically different than Awakening, besides the models having feet.

Edited by TheOncomingStorm

I picture it working almost like Einherjar. Scan a new amiibo and it writes data to it like Smash Bros. or Mario Party 10. They could also release a new line of amiibo for Fire Emblem if they really want to get everyone excited.

I picture it working almost like Einherjar. Scan a new amiibo and it writes data to it like Smash Bros. or Mario Party 10. They could also release a new line of amiibo for Fire Emblem if they really want to get everyone excited.

Yeah, that would be cool, but I don't know if FE is popular enough for that. I mean, I know there are plenty of people who would buy Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, Ephraim, Eirika, etc, in addition to Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina, but I don't see them selling a lot.

I can see a Chrom Amiibo being made. Perhaps Roy too since he was in Smash. But that's it. And honestly, I'd love Ephraim and Elincia Amiibos. :(

Yep, they said an accessory would be released this year for current 3DSs.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't quite get why there should be Amiibo support. What's the point?

Those things only store and exchange data. They are no different from a SD card or something like that. They add something in the same way the GBA games add something to FE9 or the Mario Kart: Double Dash disc adds something to FE7: All they do is to unlock something that is in the game to begin with. We, as the customers, don't get anything out of that deal.

The only practical purpose those things could have for us is to quickly exchange data between different Nintendo systems. Which could be cool but that doesn't have too much relevance for a Fire Emblem game. Besides, an SD cart is at least easier to carry around.

Edited by BrightBow

Figures are more fun. And they look like your favorite characters. Also, we ARE getting something in that deal, more content for our game. The content isn't already there, it's more like DLC.

The only practical purpose those things could have for us is to quickly exchange data between different Nintendo systems. Which could be cool but that doesn't have too much relevance for a Fire Emblem game. Besides, an SD cart is at least easier to carry around.

You could give a friend a unit to use. (Not that I would personally take advantage of that, but... yeah.)

Also, Hyrule warriors uses amiibo for random gifts anyway.

From the top of my head, perhaps you can unlock clothing inspired by whatever figurine the character is; for example you could get a black and purple knee-length coat if you scan Robin. You could change between outfits similar to how Bayonetta does it on the Wii U. Otherwise, maybe additional maps, inspired by the continent the character on the Amiibo originated from

Figures are more fun. And they look like your favorite characters. Also, we ARE getting something in that deal, more content for our game. The content isn't already there, it's more like DLC.

The content is already there. It has to be. How could an Amiibo actually add something to the game unless your console put it into it in the first place? Do you think they can create 3D models, illustrations, sounds, or anything else by themselves? Maybe they are always connected to the Internet and Nintendo automatically uploads content to them?

They can only ever be keys for on-disc DLC. And I'm not even saying that I have a problem with the concept of on-disk DLC. But actually asking for Amiibo support is essentially to ask Nintendo to let us download DLC onto our console, then upload it onto the Amiibo, just to add it right back into the console to actually unlock it. It's adding a completely unnecessary middleman. It's absolutely pointless.

You could give a friend a unit to use. (Not that I would personally take advantage of that, but... yeah.)

Also, Hyrule warriors uses amiibo for random gifts anyway.

Well, at least for my part I am not in favor of Nintendo adding repetitive farming to their games just so that they can sell shortcuts to it. That would be Nintendo artificially creating a problem just to sell us the solution separately.

Edited by BrightBow

The content is already there. It has to be. How could an Amiibo actually add something to the game unless your console put it into it in the first place? Do you think they can create 3D models, illustrations, sounds, or anything else by themselves? Maybe they are always connected to the Internet and Nintendo automatically uploads content to them?

They can only ever be keys for on-disc DLC. And I'm not even saying that I have a problem with the concept of on-disk DLC. But actually asking for Amiibo support is essentially to ask Nintendo to let us download DLC onto our console, then upload it onto the Amiibo, just to add it right back into the console to actually unlock it. It's adding a completely unnecessary middleman. It's absolutely pointless.

Because people always uproared about on-disc DLC and viewed it as stupid? Why would Nintendo do something that is widely hated? I don't like the idea of on-disc DLC either because with it, I'm essentially only buying part of the game when I get the disc even though the rest is there. I'm basically paying for it twice which is stupid. I was thinking that system updates added the content and then the Amiibos unlock it.

Well, at least for my part I am not in favor of Nintendo adding repetitive farming to their games just so that they can sell shortcuts to it. That would be Nintendo artificially creating a problem just to sell us the solution separately.

The thing about amiibo is that they're encouraging developers to add things that they wouldn't normally. Fire Emblem characters being in Codename STEAM would not have happened if amiibo didn't exist. The same thing will apply to this game if it gets amiibo support: without amiibo already being a thing, there would be pretty much no chance of Lucina, Marth, Ike and Robin appearing in FE14. And as much as you might pretend otherwise, I know that you know that that would be awesome.

Edited by Murdok Dracul

We don't know ALL too much about this new game. It doesn't even have an official title yet.

I don't know if Awakening had like, steady streams of info leaked out every now and then, as I wasn't into the franchise then, or if the trailer was all we got.

We won't know until the hypothesized leak, or, if that wasn't the case, we'll have to figure out at the games release.

Iirc FE:A did a Character of the Week sort of thing on Facebook.

Those things only store and exchange data. They are no different from a SD card or something like that. They add something in the same way the GBA games add something to FE9 or the Mario Kart: Double Dash disc adds something to FE7: All they do is to unlock something that is in the game to begin with. We, as the customers, don't get anything out of that deal.

From the top of my head, perhaps you can unlock clothing inspired by whatever figurine the character is; for example you could get a black and purple knee-length coat if you scan Robin. You could change between outfits similar to how Bayonetta does it on the Wii U. Otherwise, maybe additional maps, inspired by the continent the character on the Amiibo originated from

I foresee Amiibo giving either new skins/class appearances, possibly access to specialty items and/or skills (or OUTREALM Chapter access i dunno)