Regarding the Dancer girl

Zapp Branniglenn

I think the first thing we must find out is what we should name her before cooking up these crazy theories we've been having. Some of you have commented she looks like some cross between Lucina and Ninian. Therefore, I dub her Lucinian. Cool, eh? Go ahead, say it out loud.

With that important business concluded. What do we think about the white dragon she was seen drowning with? The human hand reaching for her suggests that was a manakete, but they are a secretive race in previous fire emblems. Could she also be a dragon as well? How else could she be affiliated with them? I'm also pretty sure the segment with a bridge had her battle sprite, and she's not holding a sword. Either the dancer class is once again defenseless, or she has a unique way of fighting through magic, or Mighty Morphin'! What do you guys think?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer Olininian or whatever TheEnd suggested since she's clearly a fusion of Olivia and Ninian : P

It was discussed in other threads, but I'm inclined to believe the dragon in the cutscene is you, the Avatar. But it'll be a while before we find out for sure,

Anyway, back to dancer girl... yeah, you can see her map sprite here and she isn't seen with a weapon. That said, neither did Olivia's map sprite and she could still use swords.

Personally I hope she uses magic : D

Or better, transform like you suggested.

Oh, a combination name for a placeholder is a good idea. I dunno about "Lucinian" though. I'd rather call her Nincina. ^^ Pronounced "Nin-SEE-nah"

I hope she's the lord character. I've wanted a solitary female lord that keeps her spotlight throughout the whole game. She has blue hair and a blue outfit, so she fits the common color profile. :P And a dancer lord is an interesting idea too.

A magic wielding dancer. Huh could be interesting. It is quite cryptic where this story could go (especially where the dancer fits in all of this). I assume the avatar system is coming back but it looks like this takes place in a different world entirely from the rest of the FEs.

Edited by TacoMan42

Why can't the gem just be royal jewelry? Not every stone has to be some sort of big magic thing or transformation item.

I'm kind of tired, but I seem to recall it was glowing in the cutscene. So it's probably gonna be a magic thing at the very least XD

Inb4 it's the Fire Emblem.

Why can't the gem just be royal jewelry? Not every stone has to be some sort of big magic thing or transformation item.

Lies! Its Fire Emblem it has to do soemthing. Its practically mandatory. But it could just be a style thing just look at Tiki's headband thing.

I'm kind of tired, but I seem to recall it was glowing in the cutscene. So it's probably gonna be a magic thing at the very least XD

Too late, it probably is. There's no way they would draw attention to it like that and then leave it as some normal accessory.

She definitely looks amazing, and I personally hope she can use magic. Swords are nice, but I'd love to see a magical dancer for a change

Anyway, back to dancer girl... yeah, you can see her map sprite here and she isn't seen with a weapon.

She's the one 2 squares right, 1 square down from the cursor, right? The one in the trees? I'm so excited, and I hope we get to use her from the beginning of the game!

In the pic, it looks like a lot of the old classes are returning, and I'm good with that. But it also looks some new ones are coming. Either that, or some old classes are getting a new look. I'm thinking the one all the way at the bottom is a cleric, but who knows.

She actually looks more like Eirika than Lucina in my humble opinion

Something-something glowing falchion on Chap6 of Awakening :3

Edited by Chasticot

No, but it glows all mysterious like when that dragon thing grabs her.

Jan_018.jpg

...I just noticed, he outfit is a different color here

Oh. I hadn't noticed that. I usually have a very good eye too. xP

Still doesn't mean it's a dragonstone though. It could be the Fire Emblem or a piece of it or something that's reacting to something the dragon has. Maybe the dragon has the other half. I actually did this in my fic, where the lord character is carrying half of the Fire Emblem around her neck (but unknowingly for awhile) and it glows when the other half is in danger. The glow will intensify when the other half is near.

True true

FE:A had that weird spiritual butterfly which was absolutely nothing in the actual game. It /could/ be just for prettiness, and it could be a dragonstone equivalent.

However, this could be an actual cutscene from the game, in which case it probably means something

True true

FE:A had that weird spiritual butterfly which was absolutely nothing in the actual game. It /could/ be just for prettiness, and it could be a dragonstone equivalent.

However, this could be an actual cutscene from the game, in which case it probably means something

The butterfly is a popular symbol (in japan?) for death and rebirth.

Super Mario Galaxy actually Mario with a butterfly after the universe destroys and reforms itself.

True true

Hmm, I hadn't thought of the butterfly... I wonder what the meaning of that was? Chaos, maybe?

Well, Lucina's mask was based off it, so it could be Lucina's symbol... her traveling through the chaos of the future to reach the past.

inb4 they're just taking a page from Kaga's TRS playbook and adding female sidekick dragongirls (maybe even one per main character/element, ala Runan/Enteh, Holmes/Katri, Sennet/Neyfa).

Edited by Arch

Gy4xXhZ.png

Yeah, the pendant looks pretty water themed.

Why on earth are people saying Lucina with her? Her eyes are a completely different colour and missing the brand of the exalt.

Nobody said she looked EXACTLY like Lucina. I find that she has a similar face and hair, only with the hair and eyes recolored. And the hair lengthened.

Edited by Anacybele