So I think I'm maining D3 in ForGlory

Elieson

Even over Samus, who I'm way more comfortable playing as. I dunno, it's just so satisfying winning as D3, given how careful you have to be to not stumble into a combo and/or get Gordo thrown back into your face.

Anyone else finding themselves maining someone they didn't expect?

I have R.O.B. as a surprise main. It just felt so good to use, and the more I played, the more I won, so I kept going. I completely trashed a Megaman player the other day (who didn't seem all that bad of a player) by blocking his projectiles with the gyro and other such things and just said to myself, "Yep, this is why I play R.O.B."

I hate fighting against Dededes, though, so thanks for making my FG campaign just that much more painful.

I fought a pretty good D3 once... reduced my approach options from the edge with that Gordo. Seriously, you can really underestimate the range on the hammer and those Gordos even when you're trying to hit the back at him.

Robin and Falcon.

Though Falcon is the hell of a lot more aggressive one (obviously) to punish rolls.

I have R.O.B. as a surprise main. It just felt so good to use, and the more I played, the more I won, so I kept going. I completely trashed a Megaman player the other day (who didn't seem all that bad of a player) by blocking his projectiles with the gyro and other such things and just said to myself, "Yep, this is why I play R.O.B."

I hate fighting against Dededes, though, so thanks for making my FG campaign just that much more painful.

I fought a pretty good D3 once... reduced my approach options from the edge with that Gordo. Seriously, you can really underestimate the range on the hammer and those Gordos even when you're trying to hit the back at him.

Robin and Falcon.

Though Falcon is the hell of a lot more aggressive one (obviously) to punish rolls.

What a lot of people who play v DDD don't realize is that he has three angles to smack a Gordo out, even while shorthopping. It makes coming back on stage from low rather risky (which I like, of course)

And DownA is pretty good for punishing rollers, and combos into itself once really easily

Edited by Sara.

What a lot of people who play v DDD don't realize is that he has three angles to smack a Gordo out, even while shorthopping. It makes coming back on stage from low rather risky (which I like, of course)

Exactly. Mixing it up.

If you go in low to the edge, you'll eat more damage with the gordo or a smash from reading the roll/jump.

And then if you go in high and they read it, you REALLY eat a smash.

DDD's Uair is pretty good (as it lasts a bit longer than some others), and his Fair hits with a pretty quick Crescent, for falling approaches

Waiting on stage with a smash in prep is sorta risky. JetHammer hits ledgegrabbrs through who are out of invincibility frames. /THAT/ was a surprise to me

*evil smile* No problemo.

Dedede was a shock to me too, but he found me and we melded well. I love me some Dedede! My mains look like this:

Big Gay Pink Yoshi, Big Gay Pink Dedede, Shulk, and Robin in that order. Robin is my worst main, but i dont blow goats with him. Its just im better with the others. My mains shifted quite a bit since i got the game, and this is the first time they remained consistent.

dick around with Ganondorf, King of Readsâ„¢ until I find someone worth getting serious with

occasionally I'll throw in a Captain Fabulous, I guess

sometimes will switch to Link (or occasionally Sheik) to more easily punish especially obnoxious like, DHDs, I guess

so basically 80% Ganon in FG

also I fought a D³ yesterday it was loads of fun

the basically-no-horizontal-distance gordo angle is interesting; haven't gotten used to fighting that yet

ive ended up playing DK, DDD and Ganon the most, I just end up losing around 10% more with anyone other than Falcon and Pit, but Falcon is too mainstream and I really don't know why I don't play Pit more.

DDD is really the best because he has no caps on taunt, since his crouch is his best taunt

DDD is really the best because he has no caps on taunt, since his crouch is his best taunt

DDD is not alone in this. Bowser Jr. has down tilt and R.O.B. has up tilt.

I generally just crouch with whoever I'm playing, though. Zelda's feels the most satisfying because it really makes it look like, "Yeah, I'm done." Once in a team match my team was something like 5 points ahead and I just went to the edge and sat there for the last ten seconds.

Dedede was a shock to me too, but he found me and we melded well. I love me some Dedede! My mains look like this:

Big Gay Pink Yoshi, Big Gay Pink Dedede, Shulk, and Robin in that order. Robin is my worst main, but i dont blow goats with him. Its just im better with the others. My mains shifted quite a bit since i got the game, and this is the first time they remained consistent.

Wow, we have like exactly the same mains. Except with different colors.

I do feel like my mains are going to shift less this time around too, most of the cast just doesn't feel right any more. Means I can't go Random and hope to win. Boo.

as the game itself will tell you, Dedede is literally perfect as he is

also what makes his taunt even better is that you can taunt cancel into a dtilt

who else can do that, huh?

project m ganon is close I guess

Not really mains, I find myself playing more patiently than I usually do on FG 1v1 with all of my mains.

My actual mains are a combination of Kirby, Ganon, and Shulk but I've been starting to use Pit more recently.