Best of the Lords' "Personal" Legendary Weapons?

Magical Glace

Weapons  

97 members have voted

1. 1. ...So?

• Marth's Falchion
    • Alm's Falchion
    • Sigurd and Seliph's Tyrfing
    • Roy's Binding Blade
    • Eliwood's Durandal
    • Hector's Armads
    • Lyn's Sol Katti
    • Eirika's Sieglinde
    • Ephraim's Siegmund
    • Ike's Ragnell
    • Chrom's and Lucina's Falchion
    • One I forgot (post it!)
    • Chrom's Exalted Falchion

Ragnell, no contest.

Good hit.
18 MT.
1-2 range.
+5 Def.
A crit rate to boot.
It's also pretty and has the neat connection to Alondite.

EDIT: I'm a dumb, I forgot to mention one of the best parts of it. It's unbreakable!

The only things that hinder it are:

Poor availability in FE9 (great in FE10, though)
Very, very heavy, but that doesn't really matter

I haven't played FE1-5 or enough of FE6 to tell you about those, though

Edited by Apparition

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, imagine Ike with Durandal...whoa.

It'd still be inferior to Ragnell, since it lacks 2 range.

Though I guess it would put IV-E (3) to shame. Let's see...

FE10 Ike has 37 Str at max level, plus 10 from Durandal and Yune(? Correct me if I'm wrong but iirc, her blessing gives +5 all stats). FE7 Durandal's eff mgt is 32.

That's 79 Mgt on a dragon, before def factor. Lol.

Well, Ike would still use Durandal better than Eliwood! lol

Eliwood has a horse, but tbh the best Durandal spammer is Rutoga, b/c FE6 SM's are redonkulous and it has a x3 multiplier there.

Also, I misread SF, FE7 Durandal is 17 mgt, 34 effect.

Tyrfing, it makes Sigurd and Celice much more OP.

you didn't count Julia's Book of Narga, you'll be punished!

Edit: Yune's +5 stat blessing is for easymodo, go play nm or hm! :P:

It's been too long since I've played those modes... the last time I made it to the FE10 endgame was my get back into it EM run... even though I cleared NM long ago. Tbh I mainly don't like dealing w/ I-E

Also Julia isn't a lord.

It's unfair to make such comparison when FE9/10's mechanics favour Ike much more than FE7 favours Eliwood. Eliwood as a Gold Knight with some modifications will make him a beast with Durandal.

Oh, yeah, good point there. I hadn't thought of that. :P

i'd argue that yuria is a lord by virtue of being plot-important, impossible to kill off (she doesn't game over but she just revives instead) and having arguably the most plot-important weapon in the game

i'd argue that yuria is a lord by virtue of being plot-important, impossible to kill off (she doesn't game over but she just revives instead) and having arguably the most plot-important weapon in the game

Game-overing kinda comes with the package... Though if there's enough demand for the Book of Naga, I'll add it.

that doesn't even fit my statement because 25 def is outside the constraint of "an fe5 unit"

e:

lucina doesn't even come back if she dies

Edited by CT075

Is Ike a lord?

I'd say the term "lord" is used as a way to define the main characters in this case.

cough

a059fb9ca9.png0aea3f88c1.png

Oh dear lord. I'm imagining Rath in Sacae with all that armor and a huge friggin axe and he must stick out like a sore thumb!

Ragnell. Tied with the Binding Blade for second highest overall stats of the weapons listed above (only outdone by the purposefully overpowered Jugdral holy weapons). Infinite durability. In Radiant Dawn Ike actually has access to it for a decent portion of the game, which for me personally puts it over Tyrfing because that weapon is only accessible for the last chapter of each generation.

Second to last chapter of Generation 2, and really a chapter in FE4 is like 3-5 chapters of any other FE game.

ike has ragnell starting at 3-11. Ike isn't present for 3-12 or 3-13 (i'm not counting enemy usage as "having" ragnell), so the next time you get it is 3-E. 4-1, 4-4, and 4-E are the only subsequent chapters in which ike is around, for a total of 9 chapters.

Counting each castle in FE4 as a single chapter, tyrfing is available for all castles of chapter 5 (lubeck, phinora, velthomer), the final castle of chapter 10 (chalphy) and all castles of Final (Edda, Dozel, Freege, Velthomer, Valhalla) for a total of 9 castles. Even if you write off F!Velthomer and Valhalla as too close to each other to count as a separate chapter, that's still basically the same amount of time

E:

If you want to include FE9, Ike gets Ragnell for the tail end of chapter 27 (that doesn't even count), leaving chapters 28 and Final, totalling 11 chapters. So I guess it beats Tyrfing by a bit if you spread it over two games?

E2:

yeah i can math

Edited by CT075

man i was thinking that ragnell might exist for a significantly greater %age of time than tyrfing but even that's false

FE4 has 43 castles total, for which tyrfing is present for 9 (21%).

FE10 has 42 maps, for which ragnell exists for 9 (also basically 21%). If you include FE9 (30 maps), it gets even more dismal (11/72 maps for 15% existence)

Edited by CT075