Least favourite Lord and why?

Luchi

Lyn just because of how I find her personality pretty flat and statwise she's dependable for survival but underwhelming in dealing actual damage, especially against endgame enemies.

Eirika at least can deal decent damage.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eirika and lyn to the extent,as they are both fast but do no damage and personality wise RD Ike, as much as I like him hes a better lord in PoR as he has a personality (that's rare for a lord these days ) and he has great growths. RD Ikes growths were really nerfed from his younger self and 30% speed growth sucks.

Edited by Serah

I think its 27 originally and when he gets the PoR speed transfer boost it becomes 29, 1 point away from capping, I don't know if I'm right correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it was ever 23 speed.

A lot of fanfics are bad, true, but there ARE some good ones out there, you know.

I love Ike's personality... A blunt dude with a reckless attitude and a love of meat/food to the point where he asks others about the food they eat? He's so entertaining! :P He gets sarcastic with Deghinsea in RD too. lol He also hates cleaning, haha. Too bad this part was only in Japanese RD. I saw some text awhile back that wasn't in the English game, from where Ike and his group return to their fort. Ike is like "it won't kill us if we don't clean." I feel ya there, Ike, I hate cleaning too!

Two things.

1. A good fanfic is like a radical Muslim also being a humanitarian. It doesn't exist.

2. You and the Oxford Dictionary need to sit down and discuss the meaning of the word personality. A " love of meat/food to the point where he asks others about the food they eat" is not how you describe a personality.

I have to disagree with you on point one, Life. Not all fanfiction is terrible just by virtue of being fanfiction, like how not all published literature is good by virtue of being published. The quality of how well something, anything, is written is wholly dependent on how good the person behind it is at writing. Someone who is very talented at writing could end up authoring fanfiction that rivals literary works just because the writer is that good.

It just so happens that you're much more likely to find crappy fanfiction because the very nature of fanfiction gives EVERYONE the power to write and publish their stuff online. Including people who don't know anything about the elements of writing.

I have to disagree with you on point one, Life. Not all fanfiction is terrible just by virtue of being fanfiction, like how not all published literature is good by virtue of being published. The quality of how well something, anything, is written is wholly dependent on how good the person behind it is at writing. Someone who is very talented at writing could end up authoring fanfiction that rivals literary works just because the writer is that good.

It just so happens that you're much more likely to find crappy fanfiction because the very nature of fanfiction gives EVERYONE the power to write and publish their stuff online. Including people who don't know anything about the elements of writing.

It's like being the tallest midget. You're still a midget and you can't even reach the low hanging fruit.

Edited by Man Bun

Two things.

1. A good fanfic is like a radical Muslim also being a humanitarian. It doesn't exist.

2. You and the Oxford Dictionary need to sit down and discuss the meaning of the word personality. A " love of meat/food to the point where he asks others about the food they eat" is not how you describe a personality.

1. See Sangyul/Sunwoo's post.

2. I know. That's why I mentioned more than just that. :facepalm:

It's like being the tallest midget. You're still a midget and you can't even reach the low hanging fruit.

Someone needs to go

And read

Any of this author's

work

He's legitimately amazing. His prose is gorgeous, the plots are engaging, and I feel attached to any FE character he writes, even if I dislike them.

There are other good ones I know, but I'm pointing you to him because he does mainly FE.

Uh no, fanfiction doesn't put some magical handicap on a fan's ability to write something.

I do think it's plausible that fanfiction often tends to be worse though. I think a lot of authors turn to fanfiction because a lot of the more difficult parts of creating good fiction are already done for them- worldbuilding, characters, sometimes plots etc. There are bad original works too of course, but fanfiction tends to attract...lazier? writers on the whole perhaps.

On topic, FE has a lot of bland lords but Ephraim's Stuness can be pretty overwhelming. The whole thing with 5x pretending that Ephraim's tactics are awesome when they make very little sense, Ephraim having to 'save' Eirika twice and she never returns the favor, Lyon's motivation boiling down to an inferiority complex to Ephraim's greatness, it's all kinda gross. Going Eirika route does fix a lot of these issues though.

^You need to read Falchion1984's stuff then. I think he's the best writer I've ever seen and I've read a lot of fanfiction/fiction. He's my co-author and I feel VERY honored and lucky to have him as part of my projects. He also writes original stuff, which you can see on his DA account. His fan stuff is on ff.net. I'm not sure if he ever posted the fan stuff to DA though.

Although, Falchion has a bit of a wordy style that may feel like a drag to some people. Still, his ability to describe and do imagery is matched by none imo.

Edited by Anacybele

^You need to read Falchion1984's stuff then. I think he's the best writer I've ever seen and I've read a lot of fanfiction/fiction. He's my co-author and I feel VERY honored and lucky to have him as part of my projects. He also writes original stuff, which you can see on his DA account. His fan stuff is on ff.net. I'm not sure if he ever posted the fan stuff to DA though.

Although, Falchion has a bit of a wordy style that may feel like a drag to some people. Still, his ability to describe and do imagery is matched by none imo.

Hmm, if he's better than Asphodel, he must be pretty legit. I'll take the advice.

I haven't read Asphodel's stuff, but I can't imagine anyone being better than Falchion. I think he's that good.

Wow... hmm, I guess I'll see for myself.

While I'm at it, you can try some of Asphodel's. He does mainly Jugdral, Magvel, and multiverse though. (Actually, this theme was inspired by reading an Azel-centric fic of his).

I think its 27 originally and when he gets the PoR speed transfer boost it becomes 29, 1 point away from capping, I don't know if I'm right correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it was ever 23 speed.

http://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/characters/base-stats/

You could be thinking of his skill, which is actually 28 at base but capped with transfer boosts.

Edited by Lord Raven

http://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/characters/base-stats/You could be thinking of his skill, which is actually 28 at base but capped with transfer boosts.

I swear on the fire emblem wiki it said that was his base speed, guess it had the wrong info.