Who could Ike's wife be?

I don't really understand why Chrom's male kids got one thing and Chrom's female kids got another thing anyway. Clearly one can use Aether with a Y chromosome so...yeah.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should Male!Morgan be locked out of Aether? Why not make Priam unable to marry Robin? If they care more about arbitrarily denying one unit a certain skill or allowing you to fuck Ike's descendant more than giving Priam's claim credibility, I can only assume they didn't want to do the latter.

Because he's already the more broken of the two as is.

Pass down Galeforks and get Aggressor from Dread Fighter and boom. Add in [insert mounted or flying class here] and a boots and he dishes out a ton of damage each player phase. Perhaps add Chrom!Inigo as a dad, getting him Rightful King as well, and toss in a few procs as icing on the cake.

And Priam being unable to wed Robin would make his support pool worse than it already is.

Ike has like two? conversations with Mia over the course of PoR/RD which are mostly about hitting people with swords. If they wanted to indicate Ike having any sort of romantic interest for Mia (or vice versa), why didn't they? Also, why would Ike stay in Tellius when that directly contradicts his RD ending?

If IS wants to 'overturn' the RD ending in any way, they're going to have to do better than Priam's existence.

Like I said RD pretty much cut any development, at least for old characters, that wasn't plot-related. In PoR there were cut supports, which indicates that IS probably had a plan for Ike-Mia but scrapped it for whatever reason. Whether there's obvious evidence for it in the game in or not, personality-wise Mia seems like the most likely wife for Ike discounting Elincia.

An unnamed female isn't a likely candidate to you? :/

Too many possibilities. Not going into that. However, assuming that RD's ending is indeed canon it would have to be some random female somewhere.

Because he's already the more broken of the two as is.

Pass down Galeforks and get Aggressor from Dread Fighter and boom. Add in [insert mounted or flying class here] and a boots and he dishes out a ton of damage each player phase. Perhaps add Chrom!Inigo as a dad, getting him Rightful King as well, and toss in a few procs as icing on the cake.

And Priam being unable to wed Robin would make his support pool worse than it already is.

A character can only have 5 skills at once, right? Would Aether make much of a difference when he can already have that much stuff?

So give him other supports? I don't see why the Robin support is completely necessary.

PEDIT: Rightful King isn't exclusive to Chrom's sons. Why should Aether be exclusive to his daughters?

Edited by Baldrick

So... You don't acknowledge that your idea is a theory despite no concrete evidence... Glad to know. I also find it funny that you assume you can read Ike's mind and know he wouldn't have kept it yet can then turn around and say he would have Urvan despite 0 knowledge of what happened to Urvan after RD.

Ike: Are you sure about this? I returned it after the Mad King's War because you said it was one of Begnion's national treasures.

Ike has never considered the Ragnell to be his, just that he was to use it in the upcoming battles. Considering he only mentions using it and not owning it, it is far from ridiculous to assume that he would return it as he did the last time.

Zelgius also turned traitor. Also, if the SECOND most important person in the Empire is willing to hand out a loner why can't the MOST important person in the empire do the same?

The Ragnell was a loaner, hence why Ike would more than likely return it to the Apostle along with the Alondite if he were to have it as well.

So it's valid for the Empire's number 2 to hand out relics despite not owning them but not valid that Sanaki might let a wife of the most important person in Tellus keep a memento of her husband? Good logic there.

Do you forget that Sephiran is Altina's husband, the original owner of the blades? The Ragnell isn't some trophy or consolation prize

Yes. She learned Sol on her own. Yet somehow Titania isn't the mother instead? Sounds like you're just proving her as likely and Titania has a RD support. Except wait. Mist fights on HORSEBACK YA DUNCE! Fighting on horseback is entirely different due to the momentum and shift in power. Many of the fighting styles used on foot are completely worthless when mounted because of the change in method. It's like claiming a rifleman would be great at aiming a battleship cannon.

Again with the name calling. I doub't you'd appreciate me calling you an asshole, so why do you keep calling me a moron? Except that Mist has trained on horseback and on foot. Does she automatically lose all ability to fight on foot once she gets on the horse? That's like losing the ability to handwrite once you start typing on the computer, it makes no sense.

Sol, in of itself, isn't proof of anything. It's the combination of Sol and Luna as well as the capability to reverse-engineer a technique Mist not only didn't know, didn't likely practice against, but that her own combat style actively says she probably couldn't have done even if she somehow did know the skill. If she tried it on horseback she'd just end up with her sword rattling on the ground several yards back at best, assuming she didn't bisect herself or wound her horse.

It gives more weight to her argument than Mia's, since it's far easier to pick up one other skill than it is to learn both with no way of properly using either. And again you're assuming that Mist is completely incompetent at performing a skill in another style. Chrom and Lucina, as well as every other Ylissen princess, can use Aether on a horse. Why can't Mist?

What double standard? I said I had no clue at all what happened to Urvan and thought it more likely IS would give Ike his iconic weapon regardless of story-plot. That's about as double-standarded as saying 'I like all fish but I like goldfish more than minnows'.

I'm arguing from a story perspective, and from that perspective Ragnell being Priam's weapon makes far less sense than the Urvan since that is a family heirloom

Do you have proof Gatrie didn't walk down the aisle with a spruce tree? Because unless you do I don't think you can really claim he wasn't willing to slip it the wood.

Do you have proof Mist is somehow Priam's ancestor? Because unless you do I don't think you can really claim he is.

Do you have proof Vika didn't become Priam's ancestor, then time traveled through the gate to make Meg marry Priam after the end of Awakening, before taking that baby and turning it into Elincia's ancestor via timetravel? Cause unless you do, I don't think you can really claim it didn't happen.

Way to exaggerate, Snowy. I haven't even made any concrete claims that anyone is Priam's ancestor, only theories that make some sense. Jumping to these conclusions isn't helping your case, y'know ~o3o~

> ... So you're saying that, because Ike left later-on, it's impossible for him to have had a kid beforehand?

> Yea. BS. Unless someone traveled through the gate with at least an image of Ragnell at some point they can't make a replica because they don't know the story even exists.

> Why would Sephran leave Alondite to a general when it isn't his to give?

> Adoption still makes Priam Ike's descendent, not Mist's, and not crazy. So yea... No.

>Considering there is not a single record of him having a child in Tellius, when the child of the ~Radiant Hero~ would be a pretty big deal at the time, yes.

>Infinite Regalia tho

>Because it actually is his to give. It belonged to his wife, the original Apostle, so his rights to the blade supersede all others.

>Why do all of my theories all suddenly involve Priam is crazy now? The theory I have about Priam being descended from an adopted child just means that Priam his is descended without being biologically his. Please tell me why my theories need Priam to be crazy now, because they don't. A liar at best, but not crazy

Besides, the whole point of this was lore-conflict. Unless you can find out some way in which this actively conflicts with the established lore then this bit is resolved. There is nothing in the lore that conflicts with Ike having a child before or after going through the gate.

Everything I've given you've thrown out without a second thought because it contradicts with your asinine theory. If Ike were to have a child before leaving then that child would have been known. Ike was too big a legend for any child to remain secret, especially if the mother was another famous figure in the war.

Easily. On it's own Ragnell isn't that durable. It's thanks to the blessing of the Goddess that it is unbreakable. Since Priam is not in the same world as Ashera anymore, the blessing could no longer sustain itself. Nice, clean, simple, and ruining your argument.

Yeah, that explanation doesn't work, since all of the other God blessed weapons don't deteriorate, even after world hopping.

I rejected them because they flat out assume you are unconditionally correct and are willing to make leaps of logic and luck while ignoring far more likely outcomes. You are, literally, more likely to believe that someone traveled through the dimension gate, stole Ragnell, then traveled back through the gate than believe that Sanaki might have had a heart for the wife of the worlds greatest hero. You are more willing to believe that Priam is crazy despite the plethora of problems it brings up than that he had a kid while stabilizing the world or after traveling through.

Why would Sanaki give a sword to someone just because they boned Ike? Because nepotism? Ragnell was given to Ike to assist in the war, it wasn't some trophy given to a weeping widow because Ike stuck his dick in her.

I do not reject your theories because 'they don't shove Mia into everything possible'. I reject them because they are crazy and make vastly wild assumptions that contradict themselves or require the luck of the gods to be possible. It's infinitely more likely than ANY woman, even Elincia, went looking for Ike because she was his wife and found the gate than that Priam managed to reverse-engineer everything despite not likely having a clue at all as to thinks like what Ike would have looked like or the skills he might have used.

How are they crazy? Please, refute my theories with actual reasons and proof. Why is thinking Priam to be a liar crazy? Or being descended through an adoptive child of Ike's? You're making far more ridiculous theories than I, stating that Mia is literally the only human capable of figuring out the GBA Mercenary's critical ~o3o~

I'd rather go Dondon on your ass and find some evidence in-game as to why any girl might be the mother than postulate a wild theory that doesn't make sense. And yes, Ike has cut supports, but his cut support with Mia was actually written out to at least the C level. That's, like, a whole different league than just 'planned'. Also Titania DID spend more time with Ike... but it's unlikely she's the mother as Ike's relationship to her is closer to mother/son than anything, unless you're willing to also claim Mist is the mother via Ike (which makes the most sense if we throw away the incest squick). I also don't see why you're willing to suggest another Sol-user when your argument that Mist is the mother is that she has Sol. Mine for Mia is that she's the person most likely to reverse-engineer the skill due to sword-skill, time seeing it in action, and having trained with Ike a lot. Yours is that Mist is the ancestor because she knows Sol after all.

Then please do, show me how Mia is somehow the only option to wield the Alondite above every other sword user, I'd like to see it. Yes, a cut support that has Ike trying to avoid Mia for as long as he can. True love right there, right? And none of the theories I have presented involve Ike being married, so I don't know why you keep saying that they do? Mist is Ike's sister, Greil's daughter, and a genius in her own right, seeing as she has a far wider skillset than even Ike or Mia and is just as proficient as both if not more so. Why is she somehow far less capable than Mia? Because her gimmick isn't training all of the time? She's still sparred with Ike, even if she's not as passionate about training about him it doesn't make her so much inferior

So this:

• Mia: Gee? I didn't think looking for my white robe archrival would that difficult. Well I guess should relax... wait you there in the white, come back.
  • Ike: Huh? Uh, oh hello Mia what can I do for you?
  • Mia: Oh hey Boss... wait a second. Its you! Its You! Finally Ive waited long for this moment, prepare your wepon, its time for our Showdown!
  • Ike: Showdown, what showdown. Im not going to fight you, and what do you mean its me?
  • Mia: Your my Archrival in a white robes my fortune teller had once warned me about, an you we trying to hide it.
  • Ike: Uh look Mia, but Im sorry you've got the wrong guy.
  • Mia: Don't tell me that I know its you.
  • Ike: Mia I just wear this cloak whenever I go to sleep, I was a gift from my mother.
  • Mia: But you must you it to fight sometimes right?
  • Ike: Nope, never had, never will, Just sleep.
  • Mia: No its you Boss, I know so.
  • Ike: Snap! I just forgot I had to see Soren, gotta run, sorry, keep looking for this person, good luck!
  • Mia: No Boss its you... Its him Im sure of it. Ill make him fight in that robe if have to.
holds no weight at all despite being in the coded data? Not even the slightest bit of evidence Mia might be the ancestor?

Not unless you're about to claim that Aimee is the ancestor, since she stalks Ike as well ~o3o~

The only reason for Priam to exist is if he's Ike's descendent in some form or another. If he's not then, from both a game-aspect and a lore-aspect, there is no reason to include him at all. Especially since there is no hint that he might be crazy beyond the theory that he might not have the real Ragnell.

The only reason for Priam to exist is that IS wanted to throw shout outs to everything they could think of with no thought of the consequences or inconsistencies that arrive in their wake. We're supposed to believe that there is some hobo living all on his own on an island who is magically the descendant of someone who lived far beyond even Marth or Sigurd's time because he says he is with no legitimate proof. I'm not buying it.

He needs to be deluded or else there is no reason for him to think he's Ike. Ike needs to have existed or his story needs to have gotten through or else he may as well have been claiming he was a peanut. Even then if there isn't concrete proof Ike existed his claim is meaningless. He needs to have been taught Aether, seen it in action, or at least know what the technique consists of or else, for all he knows, Aether was a series of multiple rapid strikes followed up by a magical blast that bypassed armor while absorbing health and, as a result, sought out a Nosferatu tome and tried to mix it with his blade for all he knows. Ragnell needs to exist in some form or another or else no one can make a replica of it. And if he's not called out on it at any point there is no reason to believe that Robin or Morgan would call him out on it or at least deliver a valid questioning.

He doesn't think he's Ike though, just his descendant. At least, that's what he claims he is. Considering that the people in Awakening know about literally every "legend" of the past protagonists, why is Ike's story the only one somehow skipped? Eirika and Ephraim ever world jumped or went on a journey to far off lands, neither did Eliwood, or Roy, or Hector, or Lyn. If they can know about these heroes when they never stepped out of their own continents? Not to mention that the Ylissen royal family somehow knows Aether when they have no relation to Ike even hinted at ~o3o~

That isn't even complicated stuff. That's just the bare basics of him being able to think he was descended from Ike when he's not, know Aether or that Aether consists of Sol/Luna despite it being a noble-only skill, and to have at least a replica of Ragnell. If any one of those criteria isn't fulfilled the only way for him to have ended up like he is is pure dumb luck.

Sounds about as simple as the typical Kingdom Hearts plot. Priam is just as likely to be an Ike fanboy than actually being his legit descendant. Seeing as how no one calls out Owain for somehow knowing all he does about the Fire Emblem games and heroes, and the fact that Genealogy of the Holy War is literally a book in Awakening, how is it somehow so unreasonable for him to know the legend of the Radiant Hero and do all he can to replicate the hero? Hell, in every DLC that involves Ike, Priam never even mentions that Ike is his ancestor, only that "Yes, this is the legend! This is who I want to surpass!"

Actually Priam is a spotpass character who can support others in-game. Yet you'll notice that Female Robin can't exactly woo Marth, or anyone support him, while she can with Priam. As well as have little Morgan with him. So, yea, Priam's clearly different than Awakening!Ike.

Yes, he's somehow just as legitimate a character as Gangrel, Emmeryn, Walhart, and Aversa, people who are very clearly dead before somehow magically coming back to life right before the big battle with Naga with no explainable reason for them being alive or why they appear where they do. Not to mention that literally all of them are only capable of supporting Robin when they can't even talk to people they by all rights should.

A character can only have 5 skills at once, right? Would Aether make much of a difference when he can already have that much stuff?

So give him other supports? I don't see why the Robin support is completely necessary.

PEDIT: Rightful King isn't exclusive to Chrom's sons. Why should Aether be exclusive to his daughters?

Lucina is the only daughter who can have RK.

Clearly IS doesn't care for giving spotpass characters supports. Why should Priam have options besides Avatar when Emm can't support her brother/sister/niece/nephew?

Robin as the "self-insert" char is supposed to have supports with everyone obtainable in the game (not DLC).

Ask IS, not us.

Lucina is the only regularly obtainable female character to have RK, and she has it by virtue of class and not necessarily inheritance. The only other female character who has it is DLC Celica, but she's DLC, like DLC Ike who has Aether.

Truth be told, I do think Yen'fay should've been able to support with Say'ri, Emmeryn with Chrom, Lissa, and Lucina, and Priam with...I dunno, one or two other people. Owain would've been a good choice since he's heard of Ike before. "By the mullet of Ike!" lol

Snowy, before you respond to Kon again would you stop calling her names and things like "dunderhead"? It just makes you sound like an absolutely toxic person with no respect for anyone, and regardless of how I personally feel about your theory it makes me not want to agree with ANYTHING you say because you're being rude.

Also, you're doing the exact same thing you keep on accusing Kon of doing. Except you seem to be so deluded in how right you are that you're personally lashing out at her and attacking HER and not her theories. You're not in a position to be calling anyone out for their "asinine theories".

Edited by Sunwoo

Lucina is the only daughter who can have RK.

Clearly IS doesn't care for giving spotpass characters supports. Why should Priam have options besides Avatar when Emm can't support her brother/sister/niece/nephew?

Lucina is a hermaphrodite? In any case, even if Priam!Morgan had Aether the "Chrom's sons don't get Aether" rule would still hold.

Because catering to people with an amnesiac fetish was all they cared about.

Robin as the "self-insert" char is supposed to have supports with everyone obtainable in the game (not DLC).

Robin can support everyone except the people he can't support. That's true of every character in the game. Can they marry spotpass characters?

Ask IS, not us.

You said before "They wanted to lock Male!Morgan out of Aether". Why could you speak for IS before, but not now?

Edited by Baldrick

Why should Male!Morgan be locked out of Aether? Why not make Priam unable to marry Robin? If they care more about arbitrarily denying one unit a certain skill or allowing you to fuck Ike's descendant more than giving Priam's claim credibility, I can only assume they didn't want to do the latter.

Robin has to be able to marry every playable character, Male Morgan is denied access to Aether to keep it female Morgan exclusive.

I'm not touching this descendant argument with a 50 ft pole, but Priam's Aether restriction isn't that hard to understand from a gameplay standpoint, guys.

The only female with RKF is Chrom's canonical child. She is the only one with access to both because god knows why.

Also, considering that the spotpass characters can marry Robin and have dlc conversations they are very much canon. The game doesn't really give a shit how much sense is doesn't make since a lot of its story doesn't make sense anyway. One also has to wonder how Chrom knows about the Radiant Hero to begin with. Awakening also shits all over Jugdral so I don't even know what is up with Awakening's world.

Robin has to be able to marry every playable character

Which is why Robin can marry Ike and so Male!Morgan can inherit Aether. You know this is true, because Ike is a spotpass character and

considering that the spotpass characters can marry Robin

Priam's Aether restriction isn't that hard to understand from a gameplay standpoint, guys.

Sure, but that doesn't mean it makes sense from a plot standpoint.

Not that kind of spotpass...

It still undermines the "Robin is supposed to marry everyone" argument that there's a whole load of characters they can't marry.

It still undermines the "Robin is supposed to marry everyone" argument that there's a whole load of characters they can't marry.

Ah yes, because 120 generic avatar edits are so important.

I'd say that I wouldn't call specific various characters from previous games "generic", but that's that pedantry thing I'm not supposed to do, right?

Anyway, that explanation doesn't prove Priam's canonicity (sic).

I'd say that I wouldn't call specific various characters from previous games "generic"

They're not exactly oozing with personality outside of the DLC chapters. Not to mention, no unique character models on anyone.

I'd say that I wouldn't call specific various characters from previous games "generic", but that's that pedantry thing I'm not supposed to do, right?

Anyway, that explanation doesn't prove Priam's canonicity (sic).

Oliver isn't bald, Roy and Ike lack headbands, Micaiah's ponytail is very different, Seliph's epic hair is not epic, etc.

WE're explaining why, gameplaywise, he lacks Aether itself. It's very clear that, in a way, he has it. Thus, aregueing "he lacks Aether, therefore cannot be from Ike's line" is, logically, incorrect.

It's very clear that, in a way, he has it.

In another, more accurate way, he does not. You're also yet to give a compelling reason why Priam!Morgan having Aether would be a bad thing.

Hell, even any version of Ike lacking Aether would be a major boost to Priam's credibility. It would suggest Ike's Aether is different to Awakening Aether, and be a good justification for Priam lacking the latter.

In another, more accurate way, he does not. You're also yet to give a compelling reason why Priam!Morgan having Aether would be a bad thing.

Hell, even any version of Ike lacking Aether would be a major boost to Priam's credibility. It would suggest Ike's Aether is different to Awakening Aether, and be a good justification for Priam lacking the latter.

Because it would destroy the point of it being exclusive to not-Chrom females, besides DLC/Spotpass.

Because it would destroy the point of it being exclusive to not-Chrom females

What's the reason Aether can only be used by women and Chrom?

Why is Priam not allowed to have it? Why does Chrom have Ike's skill and Ike's "descendant" doesn't?

Edited by Baldrick